Furiosa (May 24, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was the film suggesting that Rictus Erectus (big guy) is some kind of child molester when he takes little Furiosa from the vault? That's what my girlfriend thought, but I disagree.

I saw that scene as a reference to the Boris Karloff's Frankenstein film, when the monster encounters the little girl and he touches her hair, examines her hands..etc. I think Rictus was just curious because he'd never seen anyone like her before, so it wasn't necessarily with any malicious intent, but I could be totally wrong.
Open to interpretation , but I believe in the comics he is referenced as trying to rape the wives, The "teeth" chastity belts on the wives were there to protect them from everyone, including Rictus. As they were to be only for Joe to spawn the perfect male offspring,

All Joes other offspring (rictus included) are deformed and sickly, which makes the scene "I had a baby brother, he was perfect, perfect in every way" from FR, more impactful as it was Joes first normal born son that was killed when Splendid was run over by his own truck.

Was the film suggesting that Rictus Erectus (big guy) is some kind of child molester when he takes little Furiosa from the vault? That's what my girlfriend thought, but I disagree.

I saw that scene as a reference to the Boris Karloff's Frankenstein film, when the monster encounters the little girl and he touches her hair, examines her hands..etc. I think Rictus was just curious because he'd never seen anyone like her before, so it wasn't necessarily with any malicious intent, but I could be totally wrong.
I kinda get the impression EVERY guy in this world is a child molester. Lol

I was unclear why they made such an effort with that particular War Rig. Chrome embossed art and all the fixin's. What was so important about that rig?
From what I read in interviews, it was supposed to represent Immortan Joe at the height of his powers, and when he was wanting to show off a lot more. By the time of FR they were more interested in a War Rig that was tougher and more durable, and plus Furiosa probably had a bigger say in the design as well.

I really feel for the stunt guys, as apparently the shiny chrome in the hot Australian desert made the thing incredibly hard to work on, and people were constantly getting burned on it.

I was unclear why they made such an effort with that particular War Rig. Chrome embossed art and all the fixin's. What was so important about that rig?
Remember that Joe was their version of Thulsa Doom but instead of a girl jumping off a cliff for Doom it was a war boy showing his allegiance to Joe who in turn was showing off his power to Dementus who was afterall a barbarian trying to usurp Joe.

They were just being fooled by Joe to worship whatever it was he was selling including going to a shiny and chrome Valhalla!

The chrome war rig with warrior etchings on it was cultist mind control mixed in with traditional deity and war worshipping.

Joe like Doom was into his worshiping of “steel” (war rig is literally a primitive weapon just like a sword) that he used to conquer other tribes.

Last edited:
Remember that Joe was their version of Thulsa Doom but instead of a girl jumping off a cliff for Doom it was a war boy showing his allegiance to Joe who in turn was showing off his power to Dementus who was afterall a barbarian trying to usurp Joe.

They were just being fooled by Joe to worship whatever it was he was selling including going to a shiny and chrome Valhalla!

The chrome war rig with warrior etchings on it was cultist mind control mixed in with traditional deity and war worshipping.

Joe like Doom was into his worshiping of “steel” (war rig is literally a primitive weapon just like a sword) that he used to conquer other tribes.

Yeah, I get that -- but why'd he stop in Fury Road? No more Chrome Monsters? I guess it takes a long time to collect enough chrome.

I'm curious how Bad Boys will do. I had a feeling that Fall Guy wasn't going to be 'all that' and I have the same feeling about Bad Boys... but we'll see.
Looks really bad, but then again all
Of them were really bad.

phonto.jpeg

So does it make me a bad person that I haven't seen one Bad Boys movie?
The only part I have ever seen is the now infamous Ferrari chase in Florida with the Jamaican gang from BB2 and I have to tell you it is a 10 out of 10 classic action scene but the rest of the movies I have no desire to ever watch, but that specific scene is a must watch!

20 years after Kill Bill I've seen lots of people say that Uma Thurman's "Bride" character is one of the best female action heroes ever, so I can easily see the same being said about AJT's Furiosa in time.
Eh, Kill Bill is just a big bag of cultural appropriation nowadays. :dunno

Back