Furiosa (May 24, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20 years after Kill Bill I've seen lots of people say that Uma Thurman's "Bride" character is one of the best female action heroes ever, so I can easily see the same being said about AJT's Furiosa in time.

I like your signature.

Tom Hardy Thumbs Up GIF

Furiosa was a better Messiah tale than Dune and had arguably the best female action star in a decade (or more.)
They don't even compare. Dune was a pretentious political farce with a neverending exposition of tired faces and unforgivingly boring visuals. Also, the "score" was like nails on a chalkboard...

They don't even compare. Dune was a pretentious political farce with a neverending exposition of tired faces and unforgivingly boring visuals. Also, the "score" was like nails on a chalkboard...
Now you’re just hating. The score was absolutely beautiful. One of Hans’ best.

Furiosa is packed full of cheap CGI and cartoonish looking animation. Dune’s visuals look like paintings on a big screen, not a video game.

Furiosa is a good fun movie, and it’s grown on me a lot - but to undermine Dune’s visuals to support the CGI fest that is Furiosa is maddening. Do you want every movie these days to look like the recent MCU flicks? Thats what you’re calling “better visuals”.

Fury Road’s visuals were about on par with Dune, and that film is almost a decade old. Goes to show how lazy hollywood and Miller have gotten.

There’s a reason Dune was a success, and Furiosa wasn’t. The visuals were a massive part of that.

I don't know if I would blame Miller for the CG issues, as lots of good effects houses have closed down over the years, and the existing ones are totally overwhelmed. So this may have just been all he had access to for this movie.
The biggest flaw Furiosa has as that he just dropped all the practical effects he used.

Dune had a perfect blend of the two, like Fury Road.

Eh, Kill Bill is just a big bag of cultural appropriation nowadays. :dunno
Even back then, never got the hype of this film....

Over the top, "artisy" nonsense that was really pulpy crap.

Most of Tarentinos work is garbage,

The biggest flaw Furiosa has as that he just dropped all the practical effects he used.

Dune had a perfect blend of the two, like Fury Road.
Check out some of the behind the scenes for these films. FR has way more effects shots than people realize, and Furiosa has less than they realize.

It's a matter of how they looked. FR almost all the CGI is perfectly done compositing.

While Furiosa, they are ham fisted that actually make the REAL shot questionable.

Kinda like in the Walking Dead when use digital blood, over squibs.

Check out some of the behind the scenes for these films. FR has way more effects shots than people realize, and Furiosa has less than they realize.

It's a matter of how they looked. FR almost all the CGI is perfectly done compositing.

While Furiosa, they are ham fisted that actually make the REAL shot questionable.

Kinda like in the Walking Dead when use digital blood, over squibs.
I have. Check out the absolute massive sandworm rig they made for Dune Pt. 2, amazing stuff - filmmaking at its peak breaking new ground. The labor and planning to do something like that practical is insane. It blows away any set-piece Furiosa even attempts.

Even back then, never got the hype of this film....

Over the top, "artisy" nonsense that was really pulpy crap.

Most of Tarentinos work is garbage,
I don't think Tarantino was ever not going for pulpy. The dude does low-brow with style and he's quite open about it, that's his appeal.

Back