Furiosa (May 24, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ron Howard picked Raiders and Road Warrior as his 2 most favorite action movies.

Great choice hopefully Die Hard 1 is his # 3.

He said he was very fortunate to have worked with Mel and he bothered him every second with Road Warrior questions lol

Right?

That's basically the reason I rarely go to the theaters anymore.
It's obsence to see certain films on an iPhone or TV.

Unless you have an 7k setup, certain films should always be seen on the big screen on IMAX if possible.

Hell , I do have an expensive setup, and I always goto the theater for certain films....

Imagine watching BR2049 or Dune on an iPhone.....eeeech

Unless you have an 7k setup, certain films should always be seen on the big screen on IMAX if possible.

Hell , I do have an expensive setup, and I always goto the theater for certain films....

Well, I live in a very rural area so that also factors heavily into my theater-going experience. I've never been to an IMAX and I'm not even sure where the nearest one is located.

I would never watch a movie on a phone though.

I just looked it up and the nearest IMAX to me is a little over 50 miles away. Not too bad but still inconvenient.

I just looked it up and the nearest IMAX to me is a little over 50 miles away. Not too bad but still inconvenient.
The next big film, do yourself a favor, and drive those miles, make it a day for yourself if you love film.

You will probably come away from it with a deep understanding of why cinemas need to be preserved.

Don’t watch Furiosa before watching FR!

Trust me…

I've seen FR, just didn't do anything for me. It was a one-trick-pony, with pretty flashing lights and no substance or anything remotely resembling a story or decent characters.

Furiosa intersts me because, from what I've heard/read, it is character based.

The problem is the young ones don't care how they consume their content.

I walked into an editing suite the other day and there was a song playing and the sound was horrendous - I said to the editor where is the song coming from and the held up his phone. I said, "Are you serious? You're sitting in an editing suite and that's how you're playing back music?" He looked at me like I was from another planet and just said, 'Yeah, it sounds alright."

The problem is the young ones don't care how they consume their content.

I walked into an editing suite the other day and there was a song playing and the sound was horrendous - I said to the editor where is the song coming from and the held up his phone. I said, "Are you serious? You're sitting in an editing suite and that's how you're playing back music?" He looked at me like I was from another planet and just said, 'Yeah, it sounds alright."
:exactly: :lecture :exactly:

My son had his teen friends over and I told them if they wanted to use my 7.1.2 Atmos system they could the room was free and they said no thanks our phones will suffice.

Ughh.

:exactly: :lecture :exactly:

My son had his teen friends over and I told them if they wanted to use my 7.1.2 Atmos system they could the room was free and they said no thanks our phones will suffice.

Ughh.
Last night my son said he wanted to watch AWOW again and I thought aw yeah, that's my boy. He did turn on the big screen but then proceeded to pull it up on the Movies Anywhere app instead of grabbing the 4K disc off the shelf that was three feet away. I was all "that's great son...it'll still sound decent off the app..."

hide-the-pain-harold.gif

Last night my son said he wanted to watch AWOW again and I thought aw yeah, that's my boy. He did turn on the big screen but then proceeded to pull it up on the Movies Anywhere app instead of grabbing the 4K disc off the shelf that was three feet away. I was all "that's great son...it'll still sound decent off the app..."

Oh well, it's just AWOW.

BTW, what happened to an Avatar movie every year for 5 years? AWOW is already 2 years old.

Just got to chapter 2 and stopping to eat (I wasn't going to watch it until later but quickly turned it on to check out the 4K and Atmos sound and got so invested in it I kept going).

So far, I like it a million times better than FR - BUT - it looks absolutely AWFUL. Every single shot has CG elements at this point - and it's really evident on 4K. At first I was a little annoyed because I thought there was only meant to be a little bit of CG, but it's everywhere, in virtually every shot; sky replacements, backgrounds, people, bikes - everything.

I felt like I was watching a stylized 300 type film (and I like 300), but this is a MM film.

Going to eat, readjust my expectations that it is a stylized MM, and finish it off.

Back