Furiosa (May 24, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently the actor playing Rictus had to make a public announcement to people who thought that Furiosa was a documentary?? :cuckoo:

1717911784936.png

Agree on Zimmer being one of the bests. Obnoxious wailing? Which moment/track are you talking about? :lol It’s a film, set on an Alien planet- the music should and *does* reflect that beautifully. If you’re talking about the moment we meet the Sardaukar in Pt. 1 with the throat singing, that sounds absolutely amazing to me, and really punches you in the moment. Great stuff.

“Kiss the Ring” is one of, if not Hans’ best (it’s a tie for me between it and “Time” from Inception.)

If the score didn’t work for you, that’s fine. But to say it’s used just to distract you from nothing happening during the film then you were obviously checked out watching the movie. :lol

Nothing interesting to look at, really?

View attachment 706974

View attachment 706976

View attachment 706977
View attachment 706978

Really? I don’t believe you. :lol

I’m the one that’s “swinging”? Let’s take a look at this barely passable CGI. It’s definitely not “serviceable” unless that’s another word for lazy. Feel free to compare these shots to the ones I’ve posted above.

View attachment 706979
View attachment 706980
View attachment 706981
It’s about on par with a video game. If you want to ignore that fact and enjoy the film otherwise (like we all have) it’s fine. But it’s downright bad, borderline terrible at times. Especially with the implementation of Miller’s cheap frame manipulation and the terrible orange/burnt filter to give it “style”, if that’s what you’d call it.

Furiosa has a great story, and I really enjoyed it. Dune also has a great story, with impactful visual effects, that suck you into the screen rather than out like in Furiosa. If the visual effects take you out of what’s happening on screen and make your brain think “that doesn’t look natural or real” it impacts the entire film. It brings you back to reality. This happens very often in Furiosa, not once in Dune.

Now you’re the one swinging.

Furiosa and FR almost have the exact same budget. Miller could have dropped 30 minutes of the fan service for the runtime and focused that budget on the action sequences like FR. He didn’t do that, he got lazy.

They shot the majority of Dune Pt. 2 on location, in the Abu Dhabi desert, and other real life locations with real actors and sets. The Citadel scenes in Furiosa was shot at the disney backlot with green screens. :lol

I’ll give you the CGI was probably more time consuming in Furiosa, as almost every scene has some sort of CGI in it. But the effects were definitely not harder. The Sandworm ride in Dune Pt. 2 took ages to do. And it was done as real as possible, with practical effects and only a minute use of CGI to enhance the moment. It took two months for them to film a sequence that’s only three minutes. Thats how blockbusters should be filmed.

In Furiosa, you get a closeup of Dementus sitting in a CGI vehicle, with a green screen background, with people off screen shaking his seat to make it look like he’s driving.

Dune Pt. 2 did not struggle.

190 Million dollar budget and passed 700 Million at the BO. It was being called a box office savior and a return to form in hollywood. Finally a blockbuster that was worth seeing akin to LOTR.

Bladerunner did not help it, GA’s are not familiar with most directors off the top of their heads besides the Lucas’s and the Spielberg’s.

BR2049 was a box office bomb, it flopped HARD. No one saw it. It didn’t help Dune at all.

Calling the Dune fanbase “Substantial” is also an over exaggeration. I know this, because i’ve loved Dune forever and have been in that fanbase for a VERY long time. I read the first 3 books before I was even in high school. No one cared or talked about Dune until the new movies came along.

The books were practically forgotten, there was one terrible film that was atrocious and a season of TV on the ScyFi channel that no one watched. The “fanbase” you’re alluding to was when the book became critically acclaimed in the late 60’s. And back then a 900 page novel was unheard of, not very many people actually read the whole thing or event attempted to.

MM fanbase was massive in comparison.

Enjoy Furiosa all you want, it’s an awesome ride and a great time. Packed full of entertaining sequences and fun performances. But it is no where near the quality of Dune.
Considering you don't even believe I'm being sincere about my thoughts on this movie, that was just a huge waste of time. I promise I'll stay out of your posts from here on...

Considering you don't even believe I'm being sincere about my thoughts on this movie, that was just a huge waste of time. I promise I'll stay out of your posts from here on...
IMG_7953.gif

If you’re going to tear apart people’s posts, don’t be surprised when it happens to you. 😊

Well that settles it then. They literally got everything right.
Actually, I don't know that I can say that the "green places" sync up (beyond the fact that it no longer exists per se in FR obviously.) I know that there's a bit of a fog across the mud flats in FR but it doesn't seem to allow for all those surrounding cliffs that we saw in the opening of Furiosa.

Actually, I don't know that I can say that the "green places" sync up (beyond the fact that it no longer exists per se in FR obviously.) I know that there's a bit of a fog across the mud flats in FR but it doesn't seem to allow for all those surrounding cliffs that we saw in the opening of Furiosa.
I thought about that and I do agree with you although I guess those super giant sandstorms are causing havoc and changing the landscape quite a bit.

But then why mud so it just doesn’t match up.

One way to explain it could be that since it’s post fall of technology that everyone is just going off memory and going in the wrong direction.

I mean she did lose her arm with the directions so they could easily explain it away that everyone is just traveling in the wrong direction.

After rewatching Witness last night, I realised one of the key ingredients from FR was missing from Furiosa - cinematographer John Seale. He knew how to shoot the hell out of a movie and his work was pure art. He shot Miller’s last movie, 3000 Years Of Longing but he’s now 82 so I’m guessing he’s retired.

I mean she did lose her arm with the directions so they could easily explain it away that everyone is just traveling in the wrong direction.
Very true! I guess with such a big time jump, no remaining map and the fact that the mothers didn't actually see with their own eyes what route the War Rig took to meet up with them there can be any number of valid explanations. (y)

Very true! I guess with such a big time jump, no remaining map and the fact that the mothers didn't actually see with their own eyes what route the War Rig took to meet up with them there can be any number of valid explanations. (y)
My wife can’t get off the correct highway exit with GPS, no giant sand storm and not being chased by maurauders lol

Back