G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m going to pre-order 4 Iron Grenadiers today. They’re the final troop builder of large quantity for me. Other troop builders going forward, if I like them like Techno-Vipers and Tele-Vipers, I’ll pick up a couple.

I’m going to pass on the IG BATS for now, and maybe pick them up down the road on sale.

I’m passing on V2 Storm Shadow and Alpine for now, I’m sure I’ll pick them up when released.

I love all 3 Retros and will probably get 2 Cobra Commander just for the inclusion of vac metal. Speaking of which, that bodes well for the inevitable IG Destro.

Passing on all Mad Marauders and will definitely pick up a Stinger through HP and not Amazon.

HasLab is saved for SDCC which makes me a little nervous because Star Wars is holding off on their project as well. But if that shirt was a hint, we’re finally getting Wild Weasel and the Cobra Rattler!!
🤘😆🤘

Yeah it’s going to be interesting when Star Wars finally drops that Haslab. Moving from May 4th to now potentially beyond July is quite a delay. It should have already funded at this point! Hopefully Hasbro’s learned the lesson that overlapping Haslabs can cannibalize sales as many collectors collect multiple lines. Maybe that will go to Pulse Con instead?

The only issue I see with a Rattler is it’s not going to lend itself to multiple figures like the dragonfly did. Maybe a two person cockpit but otherwise jets aren’t multiple person vehicles. I’m sure they could make it work but with the last one everyone could interact with the vehicle.

I do wonder if the vac metal was only possible on Cobra Commander because of the limited surface area? Destro doesn’t have the benefit of a helmet over half of the head or the neck not being apart of the mask. I don’t think they would be able to keep Destro’s neck articulation with vac metal.

I imagine we’ll be seeing him soon with the Despoiler. That probably fits in somewhere between an Air Chariot and Vamp.

I do wonder if the vac metal was only possible on Cobra Commander because of the limited surface area? Destro doesn’t have the benefit of a helmet over half of the head or the neck not being apart of the mask. I don’t think they would be able to keep Destro’s neck articulation with vac metal.

I imagine we’ll be seeing him soon with the Despoiler. That probably fits in somewhere between an Air Chariot and Vamp.
Forget buying a new figure, I'll just chrome paint the Commander's faceplate in the one I from the HISS release.

Good stuff revealed today. Best was that the Stinger will be released at multiple retailers so it should be easier to get one. I hope they don't jack the price up for the reused blast effects.
Vac metal Commander is great to see. No hood but..... if you're paying attention to the Fresh Monkey Fiction- Order of the Crimson Moon line, you'll see that there's a way.;)
The Cobra Trooper is a disappointment. Way too much reuse from the Cobra Island version so it's far from Retro. They should've recolored the Stalker figure with new tooling for the rifle and helmet so that it fits on the Officer head (note how Lenny was struggling to remove the CI helmet during the livestream?). The collar and holster would be different from the RAH Cobra Trooper, but more accurate than the helmet detail, armored forearms & shins on this version.
I think the head on Alpine looks derpy, better with the helmet & goggles on.
Storm Shadow V2, I mostly like the look of the figure, I just don't want the stupid battle skirt and extra chest protector on my figure and prefer the original backpack. Looks like I'll have to buy two so I can modify one.
The Iron Grenadier and BAT look great, I don't have nostalgia for the IG so I'm happy with the changes.
The Marauder releases look great and I love the Eagle change, need to get them all.
The Saw Viper looks cool but, far too many changes. I want a Retro version now.
Dial Tone looks good. I don't like the cellphone as scope on his rifle, easy fix with a replacement gun.

Name only reveal Footloose is good to hear, I hope he doesn't have too many changes.
And.. a Easter egg reveal of a V2 or Night Force version of the Steel Brigade/Core trooper!

GI Joe Classified V2 Steel Core Easter Egg Reveal.jpg

Last edited:

The issue I hear with Vac metal is the damage to the environment from the process. Being a small piece, it's possible that it's less pollutant produced and acceptable to Hasbro? It might be that they made the head and neck socket separate with just the socket piece plastic and the head metal to make the process different and better for the environment? :dunno
I'm glad to see it, I think I would've preferred the hood head over mirror finish chrome-dome though.

I haven’t heard of the environmental factors of vac metal, just that it really can’t be used in articulated points as movement will chip the finish off. I think we’ve all had figures that happened to. They can really only be used on cut type joints rather than areas with multiple articulated points (shoulders, hips) so we haven’t seen a vac metal C-3PO for a long time despite the want with modern articulation.

I’m a bit bummed about the hooded Cobra Commander too but the cartoon is my personal gold standard so getting the helmet version in that style is just fine with me. The Hisstank version was close but more figure homage than cartoon styling. I’m just surprised it the leaked reports of the hood or v3 armor were so wrong. I think we all figured this was coming at some point since using a new body and only releasing it through the Haslab was never going to happen. Glad they didn’t just correct the cobra symbol and call it good.

Those FMF figures do have my attention! I love that hooded sculpt. Sideshow’s first cobra commander hood might be my favorite hood sculpt and these look close to it. Now if only they came in blue!

If I had the extra money and space, I would have easily picked up a 2nd VAMP to pimp out through Gridiron Props. I thought i heard it would cost upwards of an additional $230 to get all of their accessories for the jeep. I'm that 1% of collectors that is 100% happy with my VAMP. I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with for the Cobra Stinger.

I did end up getting the load-out for Buzzer, since he's my all-time favorite Dreadnok and was packed a little light for Classified.

I'd like to get the load-outs for Alpine and Doc as well, though that's nearly an additional $100 right there.

Attachments

• IMG_2468.jpg
    IMG_2468.jpg
    835 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2470.jpg
    IMG_2470.jpg
    718.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2471.jpg
    IMG_2471.jpg
    546 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2472.jpg
    IMG_2472.jpg
    538.9 KB · Views: 0
Yeah it’s going to be interesting when Star Wars finally drops that Haslab. Moving from May 4th to now potentially beyond July is quite a delay. It should have already funded at this point! Hopefully Hasbro’s learned the lesson that overlapping Haslabs can cannibalize sales as many collectors collect multiple lines. Maybe that will go to Pulse Con instead?
Star Wars announced that their latest HasLab for Vintage will be unveiled this Friday, June 7th.
Which, by my math, would finish up before SDCC. Smart move by Hasbro. I think they’ve learned their lesson from the Rancor/Ghostbusters/SkyStriker fiasco.

WIP Dusty upgrade. Plan on repainting his original helmet to match the 60th camo and getting a Valaverse shemagh. Classified messed up Dusty in several ways and I always like the character, do a kit bash seemed logical.
1000010524.jpg
1000010523.jpg

I went after 2 Retro CC on HP and then picked up a Retro Stalker and Retro Cobra Trooper.
I’m all good until next week’s Stinger which should have a lot more quantity than the VAMP had.
Good luck to you!

After discovering this figure line a month ago. It feels kind of strange, I am on the verge of dumping 1/6 all together to army build with these Classified series figures. They kind of check all of the right boxes. Nostalgia hits pretty hard with these, Detailed (for 6 inch) sculpts on par with early McFarlane figures but with much better articulation and paint. The fact that they easily come apart with warm water and you can swap pieces. Most imporant of all, they are much more affordable than a $200-$400 Hot Toy figure. They are some pretty next level figures.

Welcome to the madness! This and Hasbro’s Star Wars vintage collection are the only two mainstream toy brands I haven’t given up on. I’ll still pick up the occasional figure here and there from other lines but Classified is far and way my favorite line right now. I highly encourage you to watch the live stream events as they reveal some of the thoughts and extra details that go into these things. Lenny and the team are very passionate about the little details and that love shows in those live streams.

Next month at comic con they will put up their next Haslab, which is a crowd funding big ticket item (rumored to be the Rattler) that are only available during the campaign. Just thought I’d mention that in case you need to plan ahead on where to put money towards the line.

Welcome to the madness! This and Hasbro’s Star Wars vintage collection are the only two mainstream toy brands I haven’t given up on. I’ll still pick up the occasional figure here and there from other lines but Classified is far and way my favorite line right now. I highly encourage you to watch the live stream events as they reveal some of the thoughts and extra details that go into these things. Lenny and the team are very passionate about the little details and that love shows in those live streams.

Next month at comic con they will put up their next Haslab, which is a crowd funding big ticket item (rumored to be the Rattler) that are only available during the campaign. Just thought I’d mention that in case you need to plan ahead on where to put money towards the line.
I appreciate it. I missed out on the H.I.S.S. but just picked one up for $390 sealed with all tiers. Not sure how much of a premium I paid on it lol. I am excited for the Rattler. Somone mentioned it a few times on the fb forums. I missed out on the Dragonfly as well but might have to get it from a shop too. Are there any other forums for classified joes?

Oh dang you got a steal! It was $300 originally so less than $100 over with everything included is not bad at this point.

Hisstank is probably the biggest active GI Joe board these days. The Full Force podcast does good, reliable coverage of all things GI Joe (the host’s name was nodded to with Tripwire’s robot, McLeod).

Dragonfly sounds like it will ship late this year so there ought to be plenty available around that time - especially for folks needing to make a quick buck for Christmas. I’d say get ready for the upcoming Haslab next month and then you should have a bit of time before Dragonflys start shipping.

Back