Gambit Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, its your PF man, display it how you want it and not how they want it. I like the long hair myself and if I had the PF, it most definitely would be displayed that way.

I just found out there's a comic store close to where I work that has this and I've been meaning to stop by there cause my friend told me he is displayed with the long hair and i want to see if the one they have doesnt have the lazy eye. I'm really tempted to get this.

Its an Amazing PF and especially for someone like you that is (i'm assumiong) a big Fan of the Character, its Def worth getting....if you haven't seen it in person yet, be prepared to walk away with it cause when you see this guy displayed it will be hard to say no :D

Got my Gambit yesterday. Would've enjoyed it a lot more if not for some blemishes.

Bad paint on regular hand
p1030402n.jpg

Chipped paint on long haired portrait
p1030405e.jpg

The third case I don't know what I should do (I admit I'm a little picky about my collectibles). It doesn't seem like his beard was not painted well and it looks like a bald spot to me. Everytime I look at his face I'm drawn to that spot. Any other collectors have that bald spot on his beard?

p1030407r.jpg

Last edited:
Got my Gambit yesterday. Would've enjoyed it a lot more if not for some blemishes.

p1030405e.jpg

The third case I don't know what I should do (I admit I'm a little picky about my collectibles). It doesn't seem like his beard was not painted well and it looks like a bald spot to me. Everytime I look at his face I'm drawn to that spot. Any other collectors have that bald spot on his beard?

Mine doesn't have that spot but looks like an easy touch up, but the hair looks chipped may want to get a replacement, should be easy if it's only a head and hand. Is that card chipped too or is that paint?

Bad paint on regular hand

Card would bother me.

Hair can be touched up easily.

Bold spot on beard looks fine. I have a few spots like that on my face (in real life) :lol

Thanks for the response guys. The card is not chipped it is just paint. Would I be able to get rid off it using paint thinner?

As for touching up the paint would I use enamel paint (I'm guessing matt instead of gloss). Do you need to seal it with a clear coat after that?

Thanks again for the help. Really appreciate it.

Thanks for the response guys. The card is not chipped it is just paint. Would I be able to get rid off it using paint thinner?

As for touching up the paint would I use enamel paint (I'm guessing matt instead of gloss). Do you need to seal it with a clear coat after that?

Thanks again for the help. Really appreciate it.

Anytime I've touched up a statue, I've used acyrillics. They make them in glossy or flat.

Anytime I've touched up a statue, I've used acyrillics. They make them in glossy or flat.

this and I wouldn't seal it. It's such a small area you're probably not going to touch it and smear it.

Cool. I'll try for a replacement first. If it doesn't work I'll give it a try. For something like his beard would it be easiest if I get the smallest brush available? Any tips so I make the bald spot blend in (other than picking the right color)? Sorry I'm entirely new to this.

Thanks for the help.

LESS IS MORE...start out slow...don't drown the spot with paint...go little by little. I suggest purchasing a fine paint brush.

purchase multiple colors (brown). You rarely have a perfect match with a color off the shelf. It's usually a mix of a couple colors.

I suggest painting (the corners) a white piece of scrap paper with the (different) colors you selected (different color/shade for a different corner). Wait a couple of minutes let the color on your scrap paper dry, then hold the painted section up to the chip or damaged area. You will be able to CLEARLY see if it's a match or you need to make it darker or lighter. Mix paint acordingly and re-do this proceduir until you have a MATCH...or as close to perfect as possible.

LESS IS MORE...start out slow...don't drown the spot with paint...go little by little. I suggest purchasing a fine paint brush.

purchase multiple colors (brown). You rarely have a perfect match with a color off the shelf. It's usually a mix of a couple colors.

I suggest painting (the corners) a white piece of scrap paper with the (different) colors you selected (different color/shade for a different corner). Wait a couple of minutes let the color on your scrap paper dry, then hold the painted section up to the chip or damaged area. You will be able to CLEARLY see if it's a match or you need to make it darker or lighter. Mix paint acordingly and re-do this proceduir until you have a MATCH...or as close to perfect as possible.

Thanks for the advice. Really gives me a better idea of what to do.
I have to say I'm surprised that you use acrylic paint on these statues.
I've painted before on plastic and metal using enamel paint so I thought it would be similar for polystone.

Anyways thanks once again for the advice :1-1:

Word. :lecture This is what I have done to a number of Bowen statues.

Great Advice :goodpost:

Yep and it is slightly better but nowhere near perfect. My original had a chip on the forehead as well and this one is fine. I'll probs get the eyes re-done but to be honest I will never use that head anyway, short hair all the way for me!

i got notice today that sideshow is in process of getting me my replacment body, never had to do this so i dont know if ill have to mail back the old one or what, i did notice on mine tho that the card is sideways so i was messing with it and i guess they didnt use enough glue because it wiggled out...to some that is a bad thing but for my it is awesome because i dont have to ruin the card to do my lighted cards mod.

after all the problems i saw with mine i almost sent whole thing back for credit to get something else but if their fixing it i might as well hold onto it for a while.

i got notice today that sideshow is in process of getting me my replacment body, never had to do this so i dont know if ill have to mail back the old one or what, i did notice on mine tho that the card is sideways so i was messing with it and i guess they didnt use enough glue because it wiggled out...to some that is a bad thing but for my it is awesome because i dont have to ruin the card to do my lighted cards mod.

after all the problems i saw with mine i almost sent whole thing back for credit to get something else but if their fixing it i might as well hold onto it for a while.

Sideshow will let you know if they want you to send it back or destroy it. Of the two exchanges I've done I destroyed the faulty parts upon receiving the replacement.

Back