Gambit Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep and it is slightly better but nowhere near perfect. My original had a chip on the forehead as well and this one is fine. I'll probs get the eyes re-done but to be honest I will never use that head anyway, short hair all the way for me!

So the eyes are still wonky??

if you're never gonna use that HS and your not doing the retouch yourself then i would just let it go and save your money....unless you're gettin it done for free....but its your statue man...enjoy :D

Post pics if you decide to get it "Re-done"

destroy it? why not just keep it for mods or repaints or something? seems like a shame to actually destroy it.

Why should Sideshow give you a head to repaint and mod free of charge? What if you decide to sell that exclusive part on ebay for some easy money? I think it is perfectly legitimate that Sideshow have you destroy the defective part.

destroy it? why not just keep it for mods or repaints or something? seems like a shame to actually destroy it.

Cause in most cases they don't send out the new part unless they have proof the other\faulty one is destroyed

Actually, in most cases Sideshow will send out the replacement part, then once you have the replacement and its satisfactory they ask that you destroy the flawed piece. If you don't send them pictures of the flawed piece, they will charge you for the replacement.

Why should Sideshow give you a head to repaint and mod free of charge? What if you decide to sell that exclusive part on ebay for some easy money? I think it is perfectly legitimate that Sideshow have you destroy the defective part.

I didnt realize that you had to prove it was destroyed before getting the replacement part.

I didnt realize that you had to prove it was destroyed before getting the replacement part.

Generally you have to destroy the part in order not to get charged for a replacement. If they didnt do that, people could scratch an accessory, claim it came that way, get a replacement and just touch up the old one.

Actually, in most cases Sideshow will send out the replacement part, then once you have the replacement and its satisfactory they ask that you destroy the flawed piece. If you don't send them pictures of the flawed piece, they will charge you for the replacement.

Yes thats right, but at one time didn't they make you send them pics of the Destroyed part and then they would send you a replacement....or am i imagining things again :panic:

Yes thats right, but at one time didn't they make you send them pics of the Destroyed part and then they would send you a replacement....or am i imagining things again :panic:

No you might be right. The destroy it after getting the replacement concept might be fairly new.

I was told to destroy my defective part after I received the replacement. Once I checked the replacement was ok I had to destroy the defective part and send them photos. If I didn't do that they would charge me for the extra part that they sent me.

I'm sure a lot of people would take advantage of the system if they didn't do this. For example I could give my Sabretooth EX head a small scratch and ask for a replacement. I could then touch up the scratched head and sell it on ebay. I'm sure you could get a decent amount of money for extra parts like that.

i got notice today that sideshow is in process of getting me my replacment body, never had to do this so i dont know if ill have to mail back the old one or what, i did notice on mine tho that the card is sideways so i was messing with it and i guess they didnt use enough glue because it wiggled out...to some that is a bad thing but for my it is awesome because i dont have to ruin the card to do my lighted cards mod.

after all the problems i saw with mine i almost sent whole thing back for credit to get something else but if their fixing it i might as well hold onto it for a while.
As a Californian you might have to send it back. Most out of state and out of country folks get to destroy stuff because it isn't cost effective to ship it back. Since we are so close we never get to destroy anything.:( My excl hand was damaged but I haven't been asked to send it back.....yet.

thanks guys

well i got email this evening from sideshow with return# and shipping label, now i was confused if i was just supposed to send back the bad or whole thing but im assuming the whole thing since the label is for 17 pounds. they want me to email them as soon as i drop it and the will ship the replacement as soon as they confirm the old is on the way back.

maybe ill get lucky and get lower # lol

If you decide to get the Gambit PF you can still get on the waitlist and get one for retail. I believe they were still converting as of last week. Doesn't hurt to try.

Yeah I would try the waitlist first, 750 is a high Ex ES for this character.

Thanks, that's exactly what I did (waitlist, but hasn't converted for a week). But damn I like both characters a lot, Thor is just grand while Gambit looks badass.

As a Californian you might have to send it back. Most out of state and out of country folks get to destroy stuff because it isn't cost effective to ship it back. Since we are so close we never get to destroy anything.:( My excl hand was damaged but I haven't been asked to send it back.....yet.

I'm 20 minutes away from SSC and have had to destroy a few parts for replacements. But when I've had to have the whole statue replaced I've had to send it back. :huh

aa74fd46.jpg

So here is what sideshow thinks about this, below. Basically they're saying deal with it. Since when does Gambit have a disconjugate gaze? Has he had a stroke?
--------

Dear Alex,
Thank you for your email and photo.

I wanted to follow up with you regarding your Gambit Exclusive PF figure. In order to better assist you, I pulled a couple pieces from our inventory to compare to the photo of your item. Please know all pieces for the Gambit figure feature the same paint application on the eyes. As such, a replacement would not resolve your inquiry.

If you are unhappy with your item, you may return it for a refund of the product price. Please let me know if this is how you wish to proceed so I may provide you with return instructions.

As always, please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

I had the same responce verbatim for my Darth Vader life-sized bust when I asked for a replacement head for the same cross-eyed issue.

:mad::mad::mad:

Back