Gentle Giant's Vintage 12" Star Wars Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really, you didn't think GG would take an opportunity to milk the same sculpt with a color variation? :lol

When I first saw it, I swore it only had the snake color difference. I was surprised they're doing to correct repaint of him. This is GG after all.

Ah, I see what you mean... yeah, I have been impressed with the attention to detail with this series. I have not been compelled to buy any, but I respect the idea.

Smiling Lando is a CVI exclusive.

AwB8eSqCAAE_jgl.jpg

Loving Blue Snaggletooth's packaging. I wish the others were like this now.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6TBB0ZQDn4&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

You lose the feeling of the vintage cardbacks, which is a bit of a problem for a product that is basically 100% based on nostalgia. But the traditional packages certainly are huge and hard to ship well, which is an issue for people who want to keep them in the package.

Anyone know what a reasonable price is for the GG Boba Fett and where I might be able to find one? I just want a loose one for display, and don't want to pay inflated eBay prices.

Anyone know what a reasonable price is for the GG Boba Fett and where I might be able to find one? I just want a loose one for display, and don't want to pay inflated eBay prices.

GG stated that Boba, like the stormtrooper did, will be available in the future on a SW card.

Ah, ok. Was the current one an exclusive? That makes sense as to the availability.

Ah, ok. Was the current one an exclusive? That makes sense as to the availability.

From Rebelscum:

Made available to collectors at Celebration V, Gentle Giant Ltd.'s Jumbo Boba Fett was the second figure, following the SDCC exclusive Stormtrooper, made available in their collection of 12" figures based on scans of the original 3 3/4" Kenner action figures. This figure, which was packaged with a special 30th Anniversary card back featuring The Empire Strikes Back logo, was limited to only 1,500 pieces. Gentle Giant has plans to release the figure with a Star Wars logo card back.

Love the blue Snaggletooth packaging. That packaging style would save everyone a huge headache if they changed to that. Wonder if there is any chance they'll do that with the non-Star Wars packaged figures from now on?

The only sucky thing is they charged $14.77 to ship that to Oklahoma. :cuckoo:

Beats standing in line at CVI, though.

Back