Getting Priced out, how about you?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xipotec

Super Freak
Reaction score
We are now seeing prices upward of 300 shipped for most figures. For reference , when I started sub 200 was a thing for most bare bones figures , and unlicensed could be sub 150.

It's not that I cannot afford the hobby, I could probably afford to buy most of HT's releases each year, it's about value for money.

I am just not finding 1/6 figures worth that price, in regards to craftsmanship or just plain value. I still REALLY enjoy the art of it, and the classic characters being brought to life in 1/6, it just seems like the prices are starting to outweigh the ROI for me?

Anyone been thinking the same? Anyone feel the opposite?

Not just you @xipotec Like you said, it's not so much an insufficient funds thing as a "c'mon, they're really gonna' do this to us?" thing.

E.G. I LOVE the Mark III and have purchased many iterations of it in the past. But as @The Buffinator once said a while back, HT got us to buy a figure that they screwed up the previous iteration of for over half a grand with shipping involved. For that reason, I bailed.

Now, I'm still in with the Artisan Wanda cuz the stars aligned and I actually got one, but we're a long way from the $170 I spent on a brand new TFA Cap. Despite how I feel, I'm sure that many will stick around well after all their must-haves have been released.

Yeah, I think I'm in the winding down phase. I don't love the high prices, but space is also increasingly an issue. I think after my current preorders all ship, I'll be just about done. There are few holes that I would need to fill, but not like I do now. I've actually been thinking about doing some significant downsizing.

I'm winding down as well. I can't keep up with these prices anymore... not to mention the prices of my car insurance, home insurance, gas, etc etc...

Somethings gotta give and unfortunately, it'll have to be this hobby

Not priced out just yet...only because I'm selling older collectibles I've had over the years that I'm no longer interested in. Once they're gone though, I'll likely scale back more. I've had some on PO for ages (Nathan Drake, God of War) that I may cancel or sell on almost immediately. The time between PO and release gets too long and I lose interest.

Back