Getting Priced out, how about you?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've definitely scaled down what I collect, but we are getting some things now that I've wanted for a long time like comic styled hot toys figures. I've got 5 figures on pre-order and see a few on the horizon that I'll pick up. But I can't imagine getting more than a handful of figures a year. Given that, I'm not compelled to quit altogether.

I'm getting to the point where I don't have much room left to keep buying multiple figures every month, so I'll have to start selling the ones that aren't as high a priority and that will help take the sting out of buying new ones.

I'm getting to the point where I don't have much room left to keep buying multiple figures every month, so I'll have to start selling the ones that aren't as high a priority and that will help take the sting out of buying new ones.
Or... marry a nice rich sugardaddy and use his mansion to store all your figures! No need to sell any off!! Not that I did that...

I've literally just been going through all of my still sealed figures and displaying them. I kind of forgot how many I actually had and the 3 DF120's I had delivered 3 years ago aren't even going to be enough space for them all 😅 I should probably take that as a sign and quit with the collecting. I only have a few on preorder right now, but still have my eye on several that I've wanted for years (T-1000, Walking Dead, Daenerys)

I find selling stuff off is a pain in the butt with scams and such. However, I might need to sell off some of my duplicate characters at some stage.

The price has been getting out of hand for the last couple of years. Most figures are around $450 in Australia these days. You can get discounts, but when I think back to them being under $300 before the discount, it really is becoming too expensive to collect these. You can get some figures on great discounts after time and I've waited to pick some up saving quite a bit of money.

I try not to preorder too much these days because the hype wears off and the interest wanes. I didn't end up picking up any of the Spiderman Far From Home figures and I was initially going to get all of those.

InArt's stuff is just getting beyond what I really want to pay for 1/6.

The time between PO and release gets too long and I lose interest.
Man, this is exactly the issue I struggle with. There have been times where, when I finally get the notification 1.5 years after preordering, I don't even want the thing anymore. Or finances have changed such that now I'm not prepared for an $800 charge to hit, etc. I really wish they'd tighten up the time btwn preorder and shipping.

Back