Ghostbusters 1/6 scale Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. These were a minor labor of love. The accessories were put together using various pieces including small wooden pieces (sourced mainly from craft stores, etc.), electrical wire, ribbon, sculpey, metal rods, and other bits and pieces I had around. I also scaled down the actual full size labels to put on the sniffer and Egon's pocket computer/calculator.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who enjoys the looks of them. If I had more time I'd offer kits.

Thanks guys. These were a minor labor of love. The accessories were put together using various pieces including small wooden pieces (sourced mainly from craft stores, etc.), electrical wire, ribbon, sculpey, metal rods, and other bits and pieces I had around. I also scaled down the actual full size labels to put on the sniffer and Egon's pocket computer/calculator.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who enjoys the looks of them. If I had more time I'd offer kits.

Love it! It is spectacular to see something so different and new! Amazing work! You definitely should kit it out someday!

Hey guys! Putting together a Venkman with Snyder head. Bought the Mattel 2 pack from gb2 for the body and accessories. I'm changing out the body with a TT, changing out the boots and elbow pads. Anybody have any other mods or suggestions to do with this setup? Did some of you guys dye the jumpsuits? Loving all the customs in here guys, great looking figs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys! Putting together a Venkman with Snyder head. Bought the Mattel 2 pack from gb2 for the body and accessories. I'm changing out the body with a TT, changing out the boots and elbow pads. Anybody have any other mods or suggestions to do with this setup? Did some of you guys dye the jumpsuits? Loving all the customs in here guys, great looking figs!

I went to Mando for elbow pads, you have to make the straps yourself, but that's easy. I would look into some black boots on ebay, I got generic ones. I am considering doing a repaint of the Mattel boots to see what happens.

I did dye to suits a little with good results. I used RIT pearl gray in a small amount! Belt swaps are optional as well. I bought web belts on ebay and painted them whiter with acrylic.

I went to Mando for elbow pads, you have to make the straps yourself, but that's easy. I would look into some black boots on ebay, I got generic ones. I am considering doing a repaint of the Mattel boots to see what happens.

I did dye to suits a little with good results. I used RIT pearl gray in a small amount! Belt swaps are optional as well. I bought web belts on ebay and painted them whiter with acrylic.

Thanks for the tips brother! What straps did you use? Also when you dyed the jumpsuit do the name tag and ghostbusters logo come off? Or did you leave them on?

Lots of discussion on this earlier in this thread. I got new flight suits and pistol belts, as well as the stuff you did. Only kept the accessories, hose, and black t-shirt from the stock figures.

Back