Go Hero Perseus Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preeny101

Super Freak
Reaction score
Don't know if there's been a thread dedicated to this so I decided to ask:

Since I saw the new Clash of the Titans and came to the realization that the original Clash owns it in every way, I have been interested in the Go Hero Perseus. I haven't been able to find any reviews on it though. Does anyone have this figure? Is it any good?

That was pretty much my only concern. I guess I'm spoiled but seeing all that articulation is a little off putting. I don't want to have to do a body swap on him, though. I think the cloak and shield could be manipulated to hide most of it.

i don't own it, but I think its overpriced considering the weapons ended up being made of plastic rather than the originally advertised metal. Also the parts that should be leather were made in rubber. The boots are really large.

I really wish it was better, so I could justify buying it, but it looks to fall short for my tastes.

Wow, I didn't know the weapons were plastic. Bummer. I was really on the fence about this and it seems like I'll have to wait longer for my definitive Perseus. Hot Toy's Worthington Perseus is great and all but no thanks.

I bought the Bubo he comes with loose on Toy Anxiety and he is awesome. He comes with folded and extended wings that you can swap out.

The figure itself look disappointing. Even the Toy Anxiety rep that posts here said the figure is not great but the accessories are well done.

I have it and like it, but it certainly could be better. It's much more toy like than say a Hot Toys product. The biggest drawback to me is the paint on the headsculpt, it's terrible. The clunky boots also need to be replaced with Ignite sandals.

To be honest, I wouldn't recommend buying unless you're a big fan of the original film and nostalgia can help you overlook the flaws.

I have it and like it, but it certainly could be better. It's much more toy like than say a Hot Toys product. The biggest drawback to me is the paint on the headsculpt, it's terrible. The clunky boots also need to be replaced with Ignite sandals.

To be honest, I wouldn't recommend buying unless you're a big fan of the original film and nostalgia can help you overlook the flaws.

Loved the movie but I don't know about enough to buy a figure that is not up to my standards. The Matty GB figs look goofy but I can forgive that for a comedic figure. Perseus was bad a** and deserves a figure that does him justice. Thanks for the info, OM.

They should have at least tried to keep the die-cast in the sword. A shiny metal blade would've added a little wow factor to a piece that desperately needs it.

This is disappointing. I always hear such great things about Go Hero. They're Wrath of the Titans line seems to have so much potential. Oh well, glad I didn't buy without any research.

This is disappointing. I always hear such great things about Go Hero. They're Wrath of the Titans line seems to have so much potential. Oh well, glad I didn't buy without any research.

Their latest offerings aren't on par with that Buck Rogers figure they did, that thing seemed really high-end. Perseus, Sinbad and Flash have a cheaper look and feel to them.

I was happy with Flash... not quite as nice as Buck, but he was also a lot less $$$.

The Skeleton Warriors were all kinds of awesome, and at $40ish a piece you can't go wrong.

I've passed on Perseus and the new Go Hero stuff. It's just not on par with Buck or even Flash. I'll probably buy some loose Perseus parts at Toy Anxiety and make a custom. Unfortunately, there's not a good Harry Hamlin head available out there (at least not yet).

I've passed on Perseus and the new Go Hero stuff. It's just not on par with Buck or even Flash. I'll probably buy some loose Perseus parts at Toy Anxiety and make a custom. Unfortunately, there's not a good Harry Hamlin head available out there (at least not yet).

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Maybe soon

4494201995_7b905ebf42_o.jpg

I have the Go Hero Perseus. He's cool, but by todays standards, he's already retro. :lol

Bubo is the best. His head even turns. I'm glad he's not die cast, then I wouldn't be able to perch him him a tree.
IMG_5924.jpg

IMG_5918.jpg

IMG_5930.jpg

It is too bad that GH couldn't obtain Hamlin's likeness. I also 86'd GH's boots for the Ignite Sandals.

Charon is cool. The best figures for sure are the skeletons! They Rock. To me, even though MC gave them a mediocre review, are the hidden gems thus far this year. Get em' while you can. :)
IMG_5934.jpg

Back