God Of War III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't usually bother with Ultimate Editions of video games, but this one might be worth the extra $40.

god-of-war-20090714000245047.jpg

Did this comic even come out this month?

I was looking at Wildstorm's website yesterday afternoon and I could find no trace whatsoever of God of War. So I typed it in the search box and, still, nothing.

So I sent an email to the folks at IGN (who originally broke the news last summer that there would be a comic) asking what was going on with the book. Here's the response I got:

It's been delayed into 2010.

- RICH

Anyone played the demo?
Sony sent redeem codes for the demo to some "valued PlayStation Network user".

I was sent a code and it is the same demo we've seen in E3.I believe this is also the same demo that will be available with district 9 and GOW collection.The only new thing to me is that after the head-tearing QTE the demo goes on a bit and it has a new flying sequence (you control Kratos as he ascends a tunnel avoiding rocks, flaming rocks, debris, stuff like that).I hope that untill March they can rework it a bit.After Uncharted graphics, these seemed to be a bit underwhelming. Gore is great though but when you tear the cyclop's eye the graphics are better detailed than when you slash open the centaur's belly.Helios head is great, when you use it veins are hanging down.

It feels and it plays like a GOW game (it also has some new moves) but sometimes when the screen is full of enemies the frame rate drops a bit.Lighning is great, Kratos's model is excellent (he can be covered in blood now)

Great game but from that demo something 's missing for it to be a classic.Maybe I was expecting something more in the graphics department this being the last game in the series and with the amount of advertising Sony will use I was expecting something more.But July to March are 8 months so they have plenty of time to polish it.This is after all just a demo

Yesterday I preorederd the collectors edition that comes with the pandora's box replica. I'm a sucker for CE versions of games that come with useless junk.

Back