God of War - Kratos Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So are people just looking for a reason to hate on this piece? I mean he is slightly different but not drastically different. I swear people become fickle and look for reasons to tear a piece apart to justify their want/need to cancel. I don't get it, there was no bait and switch job here.

So are people just looking for a reason to hate on this piece? I mean he is slightly different but not drastically different. I swear people become fickle and look for reasons to tear a piece apart to justify their want/need to cancel. I don't get it, there was no bait and switch job here.

Meh...happens all the time!! :lol

Don't worry...we're the L337 ones that are getting him! :yess:

If this was a star wars or Marvel piece, people would have pitch forks.

What bugs me the most is the blade of olympus scar. It's thin/small, and it's not in the middle of the abdomin. How did they screw that up?

Another bad change: They painted the belt all dark red, when it should be bronze or have a golden trim on the outline of the belt.

You pay ss $300+ for these mistakes, and they will keep producing pieces with "errors".

Still trying to decide whether or not to cancel, i was gonna pick him up if there were some good reviews once it was released, however i was sure from the ORIGINAL pictures that i put $36 reward points into him, now if i cancel i lose them, dunno what to do, i'm finding it hard enough to choose which products to order as it is, as i dont have unlimited space in my flat... (and to those who moan about us who arent satisfied, if this was your grail piece you'd be miffed too)

Are you serious? The new paint job looks horrible. His skin is shiny and glossy. Looks more like a toy now. If you think these new pics look only slightly different than you are crazy. I personally don't care about small details such as the color of the belt trim but the new body paint job takes away a lot of texture and finer detail.

Still trying to decide whether or not to cancel, i was gonna pick him up if there were some good reviews once it was released, however i was sure from the ORIGINAL pictures that i put $36 reward points into him, now if i cancel i lose them, dunno what to do, i'm finding it hard enough to choose which products to order as it is, as i dont have unlimited space in my flat... (and to those who moan about us who arent satisfied, if this was your grail piece you'd be miffed too)

pick him up , then sell him to me if you do not like :yess:

Are you serious? The new paint job looks horrible. His skin is shiny and glossy. Looks more like a toy now. If you think these new pics look only slightly different than you are crazy. I personally don't care about small details such as the color of the belt trim but the new body paint job takes away a lot of texture and finer detail.

i agree wholeheartedly. This is not some minor change people usually complain about like a half inch of height difference or an altered accessory. This paint job has killed the appeal of this statue for me.

Hmmm just saw the new pics and I think some of the comments are valid, this statue does look rather glossy and toy like, still better than NECA tho.....
One complaint though, after all the complaining people did about the Blades of Athena not being the Blades of Exile, why have they tried to keep the Blades of Athena look but then giving a Blades of Exile paint job? :?

Why have they tried to keep the Blades of Athena look but then giving a Blades of Exile paint job?

Meeting people halfway I guess...:dunno

I'm hoping that it's mostly a case of overblown lighting in the new pictures, these recent in hand pics make it look a bit better. Hard to tell when the shots are so poor quality though, phone camera's.... :pfft:

Kratos22.jpg

Kratos21.jpg

Quick Kratos! kill the Cerberus Puppy before it grows into a big one!!

Kratos3.jpg

Still looking to buy, anybody selling theirs?

Just get on the wait list, it will probably convert? My friend hasn't gotten back from his trip yet, if he dosen't want it...you can have mine for cost (retail).

Last edited:
Meeting people halfway I guess...:dunno

I'm hoping that it's mostly a case of overblown lighting in the new pictures, these recent in hand pics make it look a bit better. Hard to tell when the shots are so poor quality though, phone camera's.... :pfft:

Kratos22.jpg

Kratos21.jpg

Quick Kratos! kill the Cerberus Puppy before it grows into a big one!!

Kratos3.jpg

What a sec. Kratos is shipping?

Just get on the wait list, it will probably convert? My friend hasn't gotten back from his trip yet, if he dosen't want it...you can have mine for cost (retail).

I had an order, but bc of unforeseen circumstances, i had to change it and request a flex pay option and they couldn't convert it they said.:cuckoo:

This board never changes, I'm reading all the same complaints about SSC's new pics, but when they see in hand pics their tune will change.

Look it's this simple, buy it and check it out for yourself, if you don't like it send it back for a refund.

Still looking to buy, anybody selling theirs?

Dude, just post a WTB in the commerce section.

Whoever cancelled, Thanks! My waitlist just converted!!! :yess:

Call me crazy, but I think he will end up in the GC section? I took a quick gander at ebay and the prices have come to a stand still. So for those that really want it like Merc, get on that waitlist.

Back