God of War - Kratos Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm about to cancel mine so somebody is about to get theres converted. I might get the regular version later once this has been released but I don't really care for the claws of hades anymore.

Here's an articles I just read that maybe u HATERZ might like. :lol

https://tomopop.com/sideshow-collectibles-kratos-deserves-vengeance-16572.phtml

et's try a quick experiment here. I want you to think of the first thing that pops into your head were you to describe Kratos from God of War. What did you end up saying? "Fueled by rage?" "Frothing at the mouth?" Apparently the folks at Sideshow Collectibles answered "Calmly looking at nothing" when designing their most recent polystone statue.

We've been waiting a long, long time for Kratos' Sideshow appearance, but all we get is him lazily standing on a broken pillar? Why isn't he leaping with his jaw opened so wide he could eat a man's head, blood splattered everywhere from the piles of corpses under his feet? He's just standing there. Just standing there. Kratos doesn't stand around unless something huge is trying to intimidate him. Come on! Is a Kratos statue that hard to design?

Kratos stands at a decent 17'' high and weighs in at 10 lbs, but his price also comes in at US$249.99, a price I can't in my right mind justify for a statue of Kratos doing nothing. Think the Sideshow Exclusive edition is any better? It costs ten bucks more and includes some alternate hands holding the Claws of Hades which, you know, look more-or-less like a pair of freaking hooks that Kratos just limply holds at his sides.

I don't think I'd be so pissed if the product description didn't explicitly state, "The Kratos statue captures every aspect of the God of War with lifelike realism." Is that so? Because I thought Kratos' defining aspect was killing everything, not doing nothing. You can pre-order Kratos and have him in your living room doing nothing by January of next year.

I personally don't care....I think he looks badass and will look epic in my collection, I'm a fan of Kratos and the game....Plus I'm super mega rich so I can use my money like crazy! :cool:

Last edited:
Man i still dont know what to do, i just rewatched pitu's comic-con video on youtube and it looked epic, so has anyone here sent back an item to SSC for poor quality/design?, how'd it go?

Here's an articles I just read that maybe u HATERZ might like. :lol

https://tomopop.com/sideshow-collectibles-kratos-deserves-vengeance-16572.phtml

I personally don't care....I think he looks badass and will look epic in my collection, I'm a fan of Kratos and the game....Plus I'm super mega rich so I can use my money like crazy! :cool:

Jeah! Also nice "Toasty" sig Bam.

a.jpg

This piece will be damn hard to find in about six months, this is the kind of piece that once people have it they won't want to let it go. Just like Captain America and Doom, even though there are plenty of them.

So are they charging cards today or what?

EDIT: Nevermind. It's shipping Monday, right? Could've sworn it was originally supposed to be this Monday, and then they moved it to today, or maybe that was something else, I don't know...:gah:

Last edited:
Thank you people who cancel this ex, I just got confirm!! Oh ya!!

congratz :D We're not canceling... if we don't like it in the end, we can always sell it...

This piece will be damn hard to find in about six months, this is the kind of piece that once people have it they won't want to let it go. Just like Captain America and Doom, even though there are plenty of them.

let's hope so ^^

EDIT: Nevermind. It's shipping Monday, right? Could've sworn it was originally supposed to be this Monday, and then they moved it to today, or maybe that was something else, I don't know...:gah:

According to the Dec 29th newsletter it's due in the warehouse in 30 days, so they should be charging cards soon.

I got an email from SS saying that they would start charging your credit card on monday(tmr).

Dear Valued Collector,

We will begin processing all orders for this item on January 5, 2011. We ask that you have the funds available on your credit card by this date to ensure the successful processing and shipment of your order.

Back