Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feel good about it. I think he'll be a nice addition to the lineup. He looks like a great figure.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So.....here I am thinking my wallet is safe after 2014...I just bought dunk '84 kit, gorosarus and angilas 55 [emoji20]

Maybe I'll still have a chance at that '84.

From Kaiju no Mura at Tohokingdom.

ARCO x U-Vinyl

For those that missed out on the first wave of Dunk x U-Vinyl sofubi unpainted unbuilt kit released back on May 5, 2015 for sales at the Amazing Model Expo show in Japan. It is being re-released again by ARCO (formally DUNK) with U-Vinyl in both GID orange vinyl and black vinyl at Wonder Fest in Japan held July 26, 2015. Sculpted Ryu Oyama (the sculptor of the 2 giant X-Plus GMK and Burning Godzilla).

19408627632_26fdb82cd7.jpg

Is the 2014 x-plus figure articulated? I'm not sure what is the best Godzilla figure to get, the NECA, MonsterArts or wait for this X-plus. It looks pretty good.

Is the 2014 x-plus figure articulated? I'm not sure what is the best Godzilla figure to get, the NECA, MonsterArts or wait for this X-plus. It looks pretty good.

Very different pieces all together, each with their positives and negatives.

SHMA

Pros - Highly articulated, heavily detailed, fierce look.
Cons - Stylized details not authentic to the design, sloppy paint work around the mouth.

NECA

Pros - Multiple sizes, 6" tall and 12" tall, each equally nice for their scale, decent articulation, most authentic to the movie design of all 2014 collectibles.
Cons - Paint, lack of detail in areas, too few teeth.

X-Plus

Pros - Quality paint work, heavily detailed, fairly authentic to the film design.
Cons - No articulation.

Just by looking that pieces, X-Plus is probably the best overall package, but, what you get from NECA for their price, they offer the best value for your money, X-Plus looks great but they're over-priced vinyl models.

SHMA is a nice looking figure, but unless you prefer how it looks over being true to the movie design, it's the least worth your money of the 3.

Thanks for the summary. I think I'm leaning towards the x-plus. I would rather have a highly detailed figure with great paint work than to necessarily put it in different poses.

I do like the SHMA Godzilla series and all, but Godzilla and pose ability are not two things I really look for together. Usually ×-plus makes the poses somewhat dynamic but there is really only so much you can do with clunky characters. I'd rather have sharp detail rather than seams that create eyesores

Same with me. I don't like seams. They're distracting. However, if a figure's design hides them, I don't mind that at all. For example many robotic characters can easily incorporate joints while hiding those seams. Also, organic characters but with long sleeves and pants. Too bad Godzilla never wore a tuxedo.

Yup. I love the large Neca 2014. I actually prefer the face and body to the authentic version. But it has two big eye soares for me. The seam along the torso where you can twist his upper body. And the spines that separate his body and tail. It leaves such a gap. I wish I can fix it myself.

Yup. I love the large Neca 2014. I actually prefer the face and body to the authentic version. But it has two big eye soares for me. The seam along the torso where you can twist his upper body. And the spines that separate his body and tail. It leaves such a gap. I wish I can fix it myself.

Agreed, his texture allows most joints on the NECA to hide, but for some reason, at least on the 12" tall one, there's just a massive gap between upper and lower torso, this area looks fine on the 6" tall version, but got exaggerated at the larger scale. I appreciate it because it lets me get some cool stuff for photos, but I use the camera to cover up the ugly flaws certain poses create and it makes a nice photo but the figure itself never looks good off camera. If they kept the rest of the joints and eliminated this one the figure would look even better.

While X-Plus has much more detail than NECA, what really sets them apart enough for me to want both is the expression and detail in the face. NECA is very static and simplified where X-Plus has aggression and a lot of fine detailing, and X-Plus has lots of teeth as he should where NECA, for some weird reason, opted to only include the largest teeth that could be seen in distant shots.

Got the X Plus.

Attachments

• DSC01863.JPG
    DSC01863.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC01868.JPG
    DSC01868.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC01873.JPG
    DSC01873.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC01860.JPG
    DSC01860.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC01861.JPG
    DSC01861.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC01876.JPG
    DSC01876.JPG
    166.7 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC01877.JPG
    DSC01877.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC01885.JPG
    DSC01885.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC01888.JPG
    DSC01888.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 120
Thanks for the side by sides. I have to say, I still would like to get the X-Plus some day, but seeing it next to NECA shows the areas where it takes some liberties from the film look. Still can't beat NECA for likeness, if only NECA had X-Plus detail and paint, would be amazing. Wonder if anyone would have the balls to cut the spines off X-Plus and swap them on the NECA, that and add some extra teeth would go a long way.

I'd encourage anyone who hasn't been impressed with X-Plus' paint apps thus far to pick this one up. The G2014 is a bit more complex than your usual charcoal dinosaur and I, myself, questioned if they could pull it off. Would there be enough colors on this? More than the shoddy Bandai 6" (either of them)? More than the NECA? Would they blend well and look natural? This was, after all, a CG creature.

They nailed it. I sprang for the Ric exclusive, which cost $208 excluding shipping. I got more than I wanted for the price, and I'd say the standard priced at $30 less is an even better value. This thing looks like a high-end statue on display. It's in a league of its own. I'd go as far as to say that it even transcends its medium. Out of the two high-end offerings, my vote goes to X-Plus all the way.

11010997_902476983145294_6992604439709642549_o.jpg

10012940_902476989811960_1859356014017582290_o.jpg

11692640_902476979811961_4292847504489022869_n.jpg

I'm curious as to why there are such obvious neck and arm seams on the x plus given there's no articulation. Looks amazing though. Definitely the best detail to date with the exception of the Hector Arce 3 ft masterpiece.

Where would be the best place to get x-plus from that ship internationally, i.e. to Australia?

Last edited:
Back