Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well...confirmed unofficially by multiple sources (since it isn't supposed to be announced yet) that: The 1st 7 godzillas that will be reissued i know of are G84,G92,G2000,G04,Sakai 89,Sakai 91, and G14.

But rumors are that they will reissue other kaiju first then get to Godzilla later in the year.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well...confirmed unofficially by multiple sources (since it isn't supposed to be announced yet) that: The 1st 7 godzillas that will be reissued i know of are G84,G92,G2000,G04,Sakai 89,Sakai 91, and G14.

tumblr_mdr4idmIo71qhh3dio1_250.gif

Far from it...they just released new versions of g'2014, g'64, and king ghidorah. With a new movie being made in Japan I'm sure there is a reason why no new sculpt was created

Is the SH Monsterarts line done or what?

Probably not done, but they've slown down with new product and are focusing on variants of existing figures right now, perhaps to buy time to produce new sculpts. If Sakai does them all, I'm sure it's hard finding time. There was a recent interview with him where he expressed interest in doing the '54 and '84 Godzillas for the line.

That's a solid list. I'm interested in 92, 2000 and..2004.

I'd love to get 2000 as well, but I could probably only do '84 or or '14, likely not both, which sucks because I mainly want the '84 for the head and the size as my biggest right now is only 8", but overall, I like everything about the '14 and take issue with areas of the body on the '14.

You would probably have an easier time getting the 2014 down the road. But that's a tough decision.

But rumors are that they will reissue other kaiju first then get to Godzilla later in the year.

I have all of those other than the '84. I'll be looking forward to his release.

I have all of those other than the '84. I'll be looking forward to his release.
What are your opinions of the 2004? Worth getting?

I'll skip 84 since I have the dunk vinyl kit. I want to try to keep my line up to one incarnation per movie. Or it could get very out of hand lol

I no longer want the regular G2000 now that gigantic will be filing that spot for me.

As a small time Godzilla collector (ie; non completist) the next Gigantic being the 2000 is huge for me.

The only way I would get the XP 14 is if I sell my Neca 14 (running out of space plus financials), which might be the case, that 14 looks amazing.

Love how fat his tail looks. :lol

I would love to pose my SHMA 14 next to XP 14!

Last edited:
Yeah...the new 2000 gigantic will be perfect for you. Are you leaning towards orange spines or purple?

I know for it's value the NECA is nice. But it really in person isn't in the same league as the x-plus. The sculpt and paint pop out way more. The spines look so much better on the xplus. The tail is sweet.

Sharp...look way better than the few teeth that NECA has. The one weird thing about is that xplus Godzilla has a bunch of teeth on the front left side of his mouth. But not as many on the front right side. It's strange looking...but if it's accurate than it's so impressive on x-plus' part

I don't think there should be way more teeth on one side versus the other, but a trademark of Godzilla 2014's teeth is they're a ****ing mess lol. There are almost 2 rows like Heisei, but they're all over the place in size and placement, not a uniform pattern in anyway and one feature i love is the small set of teet on the front lower jaw that almost come out sideways, it makes him look deformed and abnormal.

This design trait really had me thinking his origin would include mutation from radiation and this design trait was to enforce that idea.

This is an illustration but the teeth are one area they actually got pretty right.

grG8DMR.jpg

19164564704_1dcaa823e2_o.jpg

20118577665_65e6722a39_o.jpg

Really, the mouth is the only reason I even want the X-Plus in addition to the NECA, and while it's a small part of his anatomy, it's a huge part of defining his look and persona, NECA's style just loses a lot of personality that X-Plus is full of.

Last edited:
1cc5d4fc952c77a837efabe9a7023061.jpg

Okay maybe I exaggerated. I was going off of memory. But those teeth are not symmetrical it's not the angle. He looks like he is missing front teeth on his left side.

My onlyroblem with the xplus g is he eyes are too far apart compared to the model and they aren't even

X-Plus isn't 100% accurate for sure, but outside of NECA, they're the 2nd closest of anyone who's made a Godzilla 2014 collectible and not too far off, I'd put them in about 85-90% accurate, NECA about 95%, next closest is probably around 70% so they're really out ahead of the pack.

When I look at all the figures as a whole I feel xplus pretty much nails the overall image. Posture texture and details. I love neca...but the head is so smooth and looks almost like a different creature with those eyes. I actually love the liberties the NECA took but when it comes to the busy-ness of the character on screen..x plus gets the vibe down completely

Exactly, at quick glance X-Plus looks straight out of the movie, you have to really scrutinize it to pick out the flaws, same with NECA. Up on a shelf NECA's flaws are less noticeable than looking up close.

Pieces like Sideshow, SHMA and others are so different from the movie that the off areas start to jump out. SHMA probably the least obvious of that group, but it's definitely not the film design, but Sideshow's is much more off, Bandai takes a lot of liberties, etc.

Back