Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so im guessing nows a good time to get a gun?

im stuck between .45 and 9mm

either beretta 92fs or HK usp compact 45 or probably try and get my hands on a used colt 1911 cant decide but feel like i should soon.

either beretta 92fs or HK usp compact 45 or probably try and get my hands on a used colt 1911 cant decide but feel like i should soon.

If worst comes to worst and you can't decide, get them all.
:lecture

Obama and his goons will not be banning handguns or ammo anytime soon. Just "scary" looking "assault weapons" and hi-cap mags.

During the last assault weapons ban of 1994-2004 hi-cap pistol mags were over $100each and pre-ban AR-15 lower receivers went from $100 to $700.

Food for thought.

You got good taste bro! GP100 and glocks in nines. I got a 19 standard sights and 17 with nigh sights. As for accessories theres a lot of online sellers, just google it. I just browsed around but didn't buy anything yet. As for 1911, I own a Springfield armory loaded model. I just had to have one in my arsenal. The other two .45 I own is HK45 and HK45ct (check this out if you want to add a can on it)

Cant argue about you owning 9mm, I know people talk down on it :lol (who cares) I also got a P226 MK25 and a PPQ on layaway right now.

Heard it all before. I use a 9mm as my side arm (When I used one). Unless your going up toe to toe with someone who knows what going on. A 9mm does the job. Don't get me wrong I like the .45 I do have some around. Best one to date to go off and shoot 50 rounds is still my Thompson.

I had/ and sold some of the 1st Gen Glocks. 9mm, 40cal, and 45cal. All the ones I sold had the (I forgot what its called, but they made the steels lighted in little to no light) But if you really want to stop someone and let the rest know you got ba##s try your hand at a 50cal Desert Eagle.

Never own a HK handgun, but I have own sub rifles.

Hmm I have not talked guns for sometime.

Obama and his goons will not be banning handguns or ammo anytime soon. Just "scary" looking "assault weapons" and hi-cap mags.

During the last assault weapons ban of 1994-2004 hi-cap pistol mags were over $100each and pre-ban AR-15 lower receivers went from $100 to $700.

Food for thought.

Ya, years ago I go 50 AR-15. No one wanted them. Then one day everyone wanted them. Clips also. All my stuff at the time was full clips no short clips.

Thoughts on the Kimber crimson ultra pro carry II? Highly thinking of getting one.

075F0C0D-6301-4E74-B092-858F6019363B-7660-000006261711678E.jpg

True story bro :lecture

the language so far is just about exporting arms, has nothing to do with down right banning them. At least not yet. What it will do is make foreign weapons and ammunition hard to get and very expensive. It might also make American arms more expensive since they may no longer be able to export them and will need to raise the price to offset the loss.

Sure, there's no need to ban something if you can price it out of most peoples hands. This man did say "I won't stop you from opening a coal plant, it's just that it will be so expensive you'll go bankrupt." There's always an end-around scheme somewhere.

Hey Andrew!

Good to see you in this thread.

Since we live in CA, we're limited to having 10-round magazines.
The 9mm loses it's advantage in that it can hold more rounds per mag (without getting into hi-capacity mags). However, 9mm ammo can be found just about anywhere and they're cheaper than buying .45 ammo. After all, what good is a firearm if you can't stock up on the ammunition for it?

Having said that, the HK Comp USP45 is a great gun. It's naturally a great pointer in my hands. I must have put over 300 rounds in my friends HK without a single failure to fire or failed ejection. Personally, I prefer the SW M&P 45. It just feels better in my hands, love the crisp trigger, and I'm a sucker for dark earth firearms.

My best advice to you is to get out to a range that rents the guns you're considering. That way, you can do an A-B comparison on the same day. You might even find that neither one of the guns you're considering feels good in your hands. You won't know until you shoot them.

:hi5: are you happy with the purchase? Any issues so far? Did you get the stock model or a converted one? I was also thinking of buying the Remington 870 but always wanted a saiga 12 but waited because of the price. And yesterday I had to decide right away.

I literally just paid for the Saiga and then left it with the shop so they could do the conversion to it immediately along with a few other
goodies. Including a new 6 way adjustable gas plug for better reliability. So I can't say yet, but when I shoot 20 rounds from the drum
without issue I will be ecstatic :lol

As for the 870 I do have one of those as well and it has never given me any problems but I've only put about a 100 shells through it.

I think in the end you would have been happy either way but the saiga definitely has that wicked cool factor.

I literally just paid for the Saiga and then left it with the shop so they could do the conversion to it immediately along with a few other
goodies. Including a new 6 way adjustable gas plug for better reliability. So I can't say yet, but when I shoot 20 rounds from the drum

As for the 870 I do have one of those as well and it has never given me any problems but I've only put about a 100 shells through it.

I think in the end you would have been happy either way but the saiga definitely has that wicked cool factor.

have you ever seen Sons of Guns? You should get this for your Saiga, it supposedly significantly reduces the kick and helps you reacquire the target faster.

https://www.redjacketfirearms.com/i...ategory_id=11&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=19

Hey Andrew!

Good to see you in this thread.

Since we live in CA, we're limited to having 10-round magazines.
The 9mm loses it's advantage in that it can hold more rounds per mag (without getting into hi-capacity mags). However, 9mm ammo can be found just about anywhere and they're cheaper than buying .45 ammo. After all, what good is a firearm if you can't stock up on the ammunition for it?

Having said that, the HK Comp USP45 is a great gun. It's naturally a great pointer in my hands. I must have put over 300 rounds in my friends HK without a single failure to fire or failed ejection. Personally, I prefer the SW M&P 45. It just feels better in my hands, love the crisp trigger, and I'm a sucker for dark earth firearms.

My best advice to you is to get out to a range that rents the guns you're considering. That way, you can do an A-B comparison on the same day. You might even find that neither one of the guns you're considering feels good in your hands. You won't know until you shoot them.

hey man!
yeah i had no idea that we were limited to 10 round mags! so yeah that does kinda effect the 9mm now.:mad:

ive been to the range atleast 10 times now and its still hard. haha i havent actually shot the compact just full size but, i have played around with one at folwers and the smaller grip does feel great.
ill have to check out the s&W.

im actuall considering a g21 gen four my uncle has one and it feels pretty nice to hold.
all i know is whatever i get im getting nightsights.

You mind I ask how much will the conversion cost? I was thinking about canceling my layaway and just purchase a converted S12 with rail and side wire folder.

Sure, there's no need to ban something if you can price it out of most peoples hands. This man did say "I won't stop you from opening a coal plant, it's just that it will be so expensive you'll go bankrupt." There's always an end-around scheme somewhere.

I fear this is going to happen over the next couple of years. I know Obama is definitely not pro-gun, but I do wonder how anti-gun he is. Ammo prices always increase around this time of election years. Hopefully we're just framing out but I was just considering buying a bunch of ammo for my AR, AK, and pistols.

Sent from my iPhone located on the planet Hoth.

have you ever seen Sons of Guns? You should get this for your Saiga, it supposedly significantly reduces the kick and helps you reacquire the target faster.

https://www.redjacketfirearms.com/i...ategory_id=11&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=19

Thanks for the pic that thing looks awesome. I think my guy already ordered this breacher here https://www.chaosus.com/cgi/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=WARTHOG_BRAKE
but I do really like the one you showed me hmmm. Which do you prefer?

Also, I've seen one or two episodes of sons of guns. For awhile I was almost convinced that I needed a Kriss Vector because of that show.:lol

Back