Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince--SPOILERS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

I just got NECA's first series of Half Blood Prince figures from Toy Anxiety today.

Moody is the real winner of the set with an awesome sculpt and paint. Although his articulation is next to nothing so he can really only be posed with this hands on top of his staff. But he does look great in that pose.

Malfoy is also pretty good although he hold his wand a little awkwardly. I can't tell if he is a reused body from Harry or not, but he looks good regardless.

Ginny has a nice headsculpt but I think she is completely reusing Hermione's body. If not, then NECA really need to figure out how to make these girl figures stand up properly. She desperatley needs that base. I also think she might be on Herminoe's body because she can't hold her want without the clear rubber bands that she can with. Her wand isnt' big enough for her grip, so it might have been designed for Herminoe's wand and not hers.

Harry has some reused parts for sure. His legs, hands, and head are all from the OotP series 3 Harry (the muggle clothes one). His "prophecy" hand is really noticeable. Had he not had that obvious reuse, I might not have noticed the other reused parts. Had he come with the locket from the cave, I would have been able to accept his hand reuse to hold it, but since he didn't, it was a very poor choice considering there are other relaxed hands they could have used. The glasses do look new, or at least they are the best looking attempt at Harry's glasses in the series so far.

So unless you are getting a set, I'd probably skip Harry. Malfoy and Ginny are two important characters that round out some more of kids so they are harder to pass on, even with Ginny's problematic legs. Moody is a must get. Great sculpt, but lacking on the articulation. But if you are collecting NECA figures you know that they aren't that much different from plastic statues.

With that amount of reuse in this series, it should have been called "Harry Potter and the Half Assed Figures" instead. Hopefully Greyback will be joined by some other new sculpt and/or characters. I think a new Dumbledore and Snape would be appropriate, hopefully in less fighting poses this time around. It would also be nice to not have a Harry in every wave, although an invisibility cloak Harry would definatley be a great variant for them to inlcude here.

I'm waiting to see what the GG PF Potter figures look like. Would love to see SS take the line over. But I'm happy what GG did with the Mini Bust, just would like to see some real full figures.

I'm waiting to see what the GG PF Potter figures look like. Would love to see SS take the line over. But I'm happy what GG did with the Mini Bust, just would like to see some real full figures.

Those still haven't come out yet? Didn't they show those off like 2 years ago? :confused:

I'd prefer Sideshow take on 1:6 Potter figures as there are far too many important characters to be made to get the PF treatment. Heck, NECA is barely struggling along with the 7" figures to get the major players in.

The Potter "PF's" are now slated for Dec-09/Jan-10. There have been production issues from what I have read.

The Potter "PF's" are now slated for Dec-09/Jan-10. There have been production issues from what I have read.

Wow! I'd say. They are what, only two films behind now? :lol

Sideshow wouldn't have had any problems with them. Pretty straight forward PFs. Nothing unusual about them. I guess it just show's GG inexperience. They should have just stuck with the busts and regular statues since that is what they are used to. Let the inventor of the PFs handle them.

Wow! I'd say. They are what, only two films behind now? :lol

Sideshow wouldn't have had any problems with them. Pretty straight forward PFs. Nothing unusual about them. I guess it just show's GG inexperience. They should have just stuck with the busts and regular statues since that is what they are used to. Let the inventor of the PFs handle them.

I thought the beard on their Dumbledore looked a lot better than the beard on the Gandalf PF.

I thought the beard on their Dumbledore looked a lot better than the beard on the Gandalf PF.

I didn't know they were making a Dumbledore! I only saw Voldemort and Harry from GoF. I'm going to have to find that.

EDIT: Not bad at all! I'm not the biggest Gabon Dumbledore fan, so I would have preferred Harris, but it still looks really good. The robes look very nicely done too!

I didn't know they were making a Dumbledore! I only saw Voldemort and Harry from GoF. I'm going to have to find that.

EDIT: Not bad at all! I'm not the biggest Gabon Dumbledore fan, so I would have preferred Harris, but it still looks really good. The robes look very nicely done too!

All the protos looked spot on. Who knows what the production pieces will look like, though.

Both Snape and Dumbledore were excellent, but since they've pushed Harry and Voldie back so far, I'm afraid that's going to be it.

I didn't know there was a Snape either. He also looks great. These are so tempting, but I just wish they were 1:6. I'm always running out of room and PF take up so much more than 1:6 and with the way Hot Toys and Sideshow have been making 1:6 figures lately, there isn't much more "quality" in a PF than a 12" figure. The HT Godfather is a "premium in a smaller format" to me.

I am sooooooooooooooooo dying to see this movie... am really counting the days. We are watching all of them again on Blu Ray now again so it will be fresh in my mind before July 15th.

There is only a little over two weeks left! I am so excited!!! This looks like it will be the best Potter movie yet! And I heard it is from all the great reviews!

I sure hope it is good, but I heard some bad reivews of it when it was originally coming out in November. Hopefully anything that wasn't working then has been fixed. For me though, if they don't handle the ending right, it will ruin the movie overall for me.

I already heard some stuff about the ending and it is very different from the book...yes there were very bad reviews when it was first showed but now everyone says it is the best movie on earth...who knows?

I bought all 7 Harry Potter books in Adult cover. These books are addicting like crack which is why I read them all so fast.

harrypotter2xz2.gif

potter-hallows-adt-cover.jpg

Hmmm... I don't like it when they change things from the books. The books are sucessful for a reason. If its not broke, don't fix it. I'm fine with minor changes. I mean they are usually necessary when adapting a large book, but something as important as the ending needs to be handled right.

I still feel Sirus' death in OotP was handled like an after thought. "Oh yeah, Gary, I'm sorry but we got to kill you off here." "Oh OK, lets just hurry and do it then." :rolleyes

I was quite sad when Sirus died in the book but felt nothing when he died in the film. I've never been happy with it, but I can't really put my finger on it. Plus I think in the book he was blasted into the vail and he sorta walked into it in the film. In the film, he is clearly dead because of the killing curse, but it was more vague in book, leading me and many to believe he might be alive still.

But I'm rambling now...

I bought all 7 Harry Potter books in Adult cover. These books are addicting like crack which is why I read them all so fast.

harrypotter2xz2.gif

potter-hallows-adt-cover.jpg

I haven't seen those before. Very classy looking.

And I agree, these books are addictive. There is a reason why they got kids to read again (well, at least these and Twilight anyway). They are great stories and written in a way that you just don't want to stop.

Back