Hasbro HyperReal Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just placed an order mostly out of curiosity and because I have a hard time passing up an interesting Vader. To me, Vader is the epitome of Star Wars. I ended up paying only $40 after the $10 off + Amazon points. I figure the fun I get out of it should be worth at least that.

I do anticipate needing to trim the robe and cape since Hasbro seems to continually confuse Vader with Batman. Looks like the robe and cape are 1/2" to 3/4" too long.

I have a $50 Amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket, but I think I'm going to wait. I think the Vader will go back down to around $50 when the holiday season comes along.

I have a $50 Amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket, but I think I'm going to wait. I think the Vader will go back down to around $50 when the holiday season comes along.

I agree. I won't be surprised to see these get heavily discounted. I figured it was a good use of my points. I can always return it if I don't like it. There's currently 5 listed under Amazon Renewed so it looks like some folks did decide it isn't worth the money.

AMZ delivered next day even though I?m not Prime - and on a Sunday no less!

The box is quite nice but I would have preferred magnets instead of the overly clingy velcro given the $80 MSRP. That would have had a more premium feel. Adhesive circles are used to seal the box so you can be sure that you didn?t get a repackaged returned figure. The figure is held in place with paper ties at the wrists, ankles and waist. The ties don?t make contact with the rubber anywhere.

I could tell that the soft goods are a mess upon first glance. The robe was bulging out and covering one of the legs. The robe is at least 1/2? too long and looks really sloppy since it always pools on the ground. I think it also may have too much volume. I recall the robe being closer to ankle length and hanging straight. The cape looks to be the same length but works better since it bellows out from the body more. That tends to take up a lot of the extra length. I?ll definitely be trimming the robe. Should be easy since there is no seam. I also plan to try to take up some of the volume by folding it in the back. I?m not sure if I'll do anything about the cape since I?d have to stitch up the hem to keep it from coming out.

The rubber is tacky feeling and I anticipate it being a dust magnet. The included instructions even recommend wiping with a soft cloth. The robe was stuck to the back of the legs. The feel of the rubber reminds me of something, but I can?t place it. It certainly doesn?t feel like silicone. This is definitely a keep out of sunlight figure and I don't anticipate it'll still be intact in 10 years.

The figure looks good in person aside from the sloppy soft goods. The helmet is great and I really like the blast effect. There is a nice selection of hands, although I have no idea why he has a trigger finger hand. I would have preferred a set of proper hands-on-belt hands. The chain on the cape is way too long, but it doesn't bother as much as I thought it would. The figure seems like it poses well although I?ve only had it opened for a little bit. The seamless nature does make for natural looking poses. The scale works well.

I feel this is worth the $40 I paid. It certainly isn?t worth $80 in my opinion. Maybe $50 at most.

I?ll only consider the Luke if it is a fully tailored outfit. However, I can?t see Hasbro being able to pull it off given that they can?t even get a simple cape and robe right. Not to mention that the outfit won?t slide over the tacky rubber in a natural way. I can?t tell from the render if Luke even has a tailored outfit. It almost looks to me as if it is going to be a rubber figure. If so, I?ll certainly pass.

Last edited:

This entirely line screams end of cycle clearance.

Odd scale? Check. Experimental product? Check. Niche target audience? Total check.

People will be hauling the whole line for less than the cost of one figure by the end of this. And that's under the assumption that there will be anything beyond Vader and MAYBE Luke, who's never been shown as a real item yet.

Did Hasbro have a SW display or was it just announcements?

I won't be surprised if this line ends up being just the Vader. It is really pricey and probably won't have much, if any, retail presence.

After a lot of futzing with the robe.

IMG_3261.jpg
IMG_3285.jpg
IMG_3297.jpg

I'm really curious to see if they'll use face printing for Bespin Luke or paint him like a 1/6th style head and let the sculpt itself do the talking. I think he'll be the one to make or break the line.

I'm also really nervous about how they'll do the soft goods for his outfit.

I'm really curious to see if they'll use face printing for Bespin Luke or paint him like a 1/6th style head and let the sculpt itself do the talking. I think he'll be the one to make or break the line.

I'm also really nervous about how they'll do the soft goods for his outfit.

I was under the impression Luke's clothing will be like Vader's, just molded rubber.

Oh geez, you’re probably right since they showed it fully rendered - like it’s going to be sculpted. :slap

E6611AS00-2.jpg

You can even see his hand pegging directly into the tan “sleeve” on his right arm, so it really looks like it’ll be sculpted.

fvYOMod.jpg

Vader’s suit was “broken up” by his codpiece and slightly by his arms, so I wonder how articulated Luke is going to be. I could see cracks in the rubber being more visible since it’s a lighter color, not black like Vader’s.

It’s definitely going to be interesting. :lol

Last edited:
You gotta give Hasbro credit for trying this approach to invisible super-articulation, but how are these supposed to last more than a couple of years?
My 2000 talking "Furby" Yoda's eyelids cracked after he was in sleep mode for a little too long. Even Hot Toys rubber joints have issues, including discoloration.

I wanted to provide a few more impressions now that I've had it for a couple of weeks.

It poses really well and results in a natural look. Much more so than a fully sculpted figure and even generally better than a clothed figure. It doesn't have that multi-segmented/angular look to the knees and elbows that most figures have.

Durability has been great so far. No loosening of the joints and no signs of wear and tear. I mentioned that the rubber feels sticky, but I'm not seeing any dust on it at all.

I'm still really liking the overall look. The textures and finishes are great. The lightsaber blade is the best red of the numerous Vaders that I have. The scale works really well. It is big enough to admire the detail, but not so big that can't put it on my desk to tinker with while I work.

One thing that I don't like is the stand. It seems cheap and is in fact warped. Each end is ~1/8" off the ground. Also, I think I'd prefer if there was a black or colored layer under the cutouts. Having the cutouts does allow you to have some light coming up through the stand, but that is a one-trick pony for that one photo that you'd end up taking.

If anybody still has any interest in this line, Walmart has the Hyper Real Vader today for 1/2 price. $39.99 with free shipping...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-War...MI5cCR8u-X5gIVFHiGCh22fg4eEAQYASABEgK7j_D_BwE

Today was a Vader day. I picked this up for 1/2 price, and the HT 1/4 scale Vader (used some rewards $$ and came with a free HT 1/4 scale Infinity Gauntlet).

Expensive day....

** After I posted the link, it's now $49.99. They raised it by $10. Wonder if I was the last to order at $39.99...

I noticed Walmart's $39.99 price for Vader yesterday, but I debated it for too long before it jumped up to $89.99, which is where it is now.

I almost purchased it immediately upon seeing the $39.99 price, but I didn't because I figured that if it got that cheap once, it will get that cheap (or hopefully even cheaper) again. I hope I'm not wrong!

Back