HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just watched episode 5. The lady that got to play the Queen of Thorns is perfect.

And Charles Dance is so ****ing good as Lord Tywin. He was actually the man I pictured when I read the books, He looks a bit different in the books but Dance's face is absolutely perfect for him. I was overjoyed when I found out he was to play Tywin.

Just watched episode 5. The lady that got to play the Queen of Thorns is perfect.

Yep. Diana Rigg from the 60's show The Avengers. And agreed: Spot on PERFECT for this role.

She seems to be seeing a career resurgence at the moment. Besides GoT, she's also apparently doing a guest spot on Dr Who soon.

And Charles Dance is so ****ing good as Lord Tywin. He was actually the man I pictured when I read the books, He looks a bit different in the books but Dance's face is absolutely perfect for him. I was overjoyed when I found out he was to play Tywin.

I just about danced a jig when I heard that he'd been cast. Dance can do more with just a look than most actors can with a page of dialogue. There just isn't an actor on the planet who would have been a better choice for Tywin.

My only complaint about the show is time wasted on characters I don't care about. Having read the books and now watching the show, I think it is valid complaint that there are TOO many characters for a TV show. It works great in the books but sometimes it does not translate well to a show to have that many characters and story lines going on at once.

My only complaint about the show is time wasted on characters I don't care about. Having read the books and now watching the show, I think it is valid complaint that there are TOO many characters for a TV show. It works great in the books but sometimes it does not translate well to a show to have that many characters and story lines going on at once.

Even Martin complained that he had written too many characters, making it hard for him to keep track of all the details and slowing down his writing process. I assume he has reason for each character in the ultimate arc of the story though.

I haven't watched a second of this season yet, or read any coments (don't want any spoilers). Waiting until it's finished before l start watching. That way l can watch a couple episodes a night.

So is this season as good as the other two so far?

Catching up and commenting on prior posts...

It is the greatest show that ever was and ever will be.

It is known.

:clap Beat me to it! Read Kamandi's post yesterday, but before I could reply, I got sidetracked. :lol

People act like nothing is happening in the show right now. Apparently if there's not some epic battle, dramatic reveal or scary monster sighting, it's just a bunch of boring "walking and talking" and the show isn't worth watching. :slap

What makes this show great is the characters. They're personalities. Who they are. The way they react and develop. Etc

:goodpost: :exactly:

Is this a reference to something? Didn't you say this last time? I can't remember. :lol

I did say this once before.

"The greatest city that ever was or ever will be" :slap

Qarth.

This. Everything about him is perfect, the timbre' of bis voice, the delivery of his lines, he LOOKS like the patriarch of a powerful house.

Having only read the first two books, and only after watching the corresponding season, I like all the number of characters featured, even the ancillary ones. I feel like they serve to flesh out the characters a little more. Characters like Jory Cassel, Ser Rodrick Cassel, and Yoren were great, even though they were short lived. I've been waiting to see Ser Barristan Selmy again, as well as Ser Beric Dundarrion. I'm intrigued by Ser Davos, Blackfish Tully, and am worried about Edmure Tully's ineptness. The only characters that I haven't taken a liking to so far are Jojen Reed and his sister.

I love it how that one old lady loves cheese and chocolate.

The curtain she wears on her head is pretty epic too.

I don't know yet if I can say best show ever, but it's in the top five for me. This has been the best season so far. They are maximizing just about every minute of each episode (unless Podrick is involved, then they are wasting time). Most characters get just one scene a week, but it's always a good scene. The pacing of this season is perfect, in my opinion.

To be honest, the names and affiliations of a lot of these characters escape me and a lot of the time I haven't a clue who you guys are talking about. Even some of the primary characters I couldn't tell you the full names of.

Mainly I like the show for its pretty astonishing production values, Tyrion and the interplay of that family (yep Charles Dance is excellent) and for the overall sense that its all building towards something thats got to be good....which hopefully includes the horrible demise of Joffrey.

To be honest, the names and affiliations of a lot of these characters escape me and a lot of the time I haven't a clue who you guys are talking about. Even some of the primary characters I couldn't tell you the full names of.

I know the names of the main characters, the rest of it is just white noise to me. There are far too many ancillary characters to keep track of, especially when a lot of them have made up D&D names.

Back