HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another fantastic episode. Some much is going on, I wish each episode was more than an hour long.

The Lord of Light's growing influence (within the show) is fascinating. I was shocked when Ser Beric was cleaved in half, only to be brought back by the Red Priest. Interesting that the same way none of the characters in the show are black and white, the Lord of Light isn't black and white as well; while Melisandre seems to be using her power for devious purposes, Thoros of Myr seems to be using his powers for good.

Nice to have some of the story filled in by Ser Beric as well. I had always wondered after season one what happened to Ser Beric after he was charged with the task of bringing the Mountain to justice. Hearing him talk of all the times he's been brought back from death by Thoros was pretty cool.

As for Jaime...wow. Having not read any of the books prior to watching the series, I knew that none of Martin's characters are good or evil in the most simple sense, but Jaime was set up as a character that was so easy to hate: willing to murder a child to keep Cersei and his relationship a secret, willing to murder a relative to escape from capture...but these last two episodes have changed him in my eyes. To echo prior posts regarding his monologue about killing the Mad King, that was the highlight of the episode for me. My wife, who detested Jaime as a character, said it was nice to hear his side of the story. And when Brienne said "Why didn't you tell the truth" about the Mad King's death, I really got a sense of pain and hurt from Jaime when he said "the honorable Ned Stark had already judged me". Great acting by Nickolaj Coster-Waldau.

As for the Starks...they seem to be the only characters who seem to be exactly who they are, a family of honor. They are my favorite characters, appealing to the idealistic part of me. And I love that they are the paragons of virtue, integrity, and honor. Unfortunately and tragically, this doesn't serve them well in the "real world" of Westoros, where, cliche' as it is to say, "only the good die young" and the "wicked go unpunished" (thus far).

Can we please not turn this thread into a place where we have to convince people to like the show? If someone doesn't like it for their own reasons it is fine we don't need to discuss that, we should just discuss the show.

You're right. I was going to comment, then thought "Why bother?". I'm just glad that a show of this caliber (and one based in the fantasy genre no less) exists for us to watch it.

Honestly, Jaime is hardly a bad person. The worst thing he's done is push Bran out a window, but he didn't die so it's not that bad.
However, he isn't as good as his story makes him to be. The reason Ned Stark didn't trust him was because when he arrived after Jaime killed the Mad King he found Jaime sitting on the throne. After that it was hard for him to trust him.

This show has soo many great scenes and, my favorite part yesterday was when Tywin told Cersei off and she stopped smiling.

WTF? Thats one and the same person?

Not so surprising. Consider the weight swings and changes in appearance by Christian Bale and Matthew McConaughey. She's a bit fuller in the face than her headshot but the rest is dull makeup and an unflattering hairstyle.

There was a behind the scenes gallery of the GoT actors at San Diego Comic Con and nearly all of them looked shockingly different. The woman who plays Brienne has a pretty smile and looks like she's far more animated in real life.

Jaimie is now in the wildcard category. He has nearly equal capacity to do right or wrong. Right now with him being so far away from the influence of his sister and family his good side has emerged, but if he thought it would win him back his former prestige he'd be capable of anything.

Throwing a kid out of a tall window with every intention of killing him still makes Jamie a bad dude. Even bad guys can have their sympathetic moments.

Not so surprising. Consider the weight swings and changes in appearance by Christian Bale and Matthew McConaughey. She's a bit fuller in the face than her headshot but the rest is dull makeup and an unflattering hairstyle.

There was a behind the scenes gallery of the GoT actors at San Diego Comic Con and nearly all of them looked shockingly different. The woman who plays Brienne has a pretty smile and looks like she's far more animated in real life.

I'm amazed. Oftentimes a TV show will make a good looking girl/woman 'ugly' but you can still see shes a looker pretty easily. In this case with what I see in GoT it looks like there is no capacity for prettiness there whatsover and yet if that photo I quoted is the actress in real life, wow, not bad at all!

Throwing a kid out of a tall window with every intention of killing him still makes Jamie a bad dude. Even bad guys can have their sympathetic moments.

Pretty much. And yet I am presently rooting for him. TV shows love to make us not entirely hate the bad guys. They know we're always on the lookout for redemptive potential.

Which just adds him to a long line of interesting "bad boys" such as Tony Soprano

(I would say 'bad guys' but I'll give Ski a nod)

Honestly, Jaime is hardly a bad person. The worst thing he's done is push Bran out a window, but he didn't die so it's not that bad.

You can't really be serious that the attempted murderer of a child is somehow less "bad" because the murder was unsuccessful by pure chance...

Jaime is complex like most of Martin's characters, but being willing to murder a child (and even joke about it immediately after) is "bad" however you wish to frame it.

So am I correct in assuming that this season will end with the
red wedding and Tyrion fleeing King's Landing after being accused of murdering Joffrey?

So am I correct in assuming that this season will end with the
red wedding and Tyrion fleeing King's Landing after being accused of murdering Joffrey?

FUTURE SHOW/BOOK SPOILER

Second to last episode will be Red Wedding but I am sure next season will deal with Joffrey's wedding and Tyiorn killing his father and fleeing

Mr Snow was wrestling with Ms Firebush.
Bet she is a wildling through n through.

Wtf. Another wasted bs soap opera episode. Garbage no longer watching this series.

Hey, if you know of any other soap operas where you have a flaming sword fight in the first scene, child murder, a beheading, freakin floating babies in a jar, a man who has been killed multiple times, cave sex, numerous naked scenes (especially liking the naked man stuff), then let me the hell know!!
And that was only this episode!!

Hey, if you know of any other soap operas where you have a flaming sword fight in the first scene, child murder, a beheading, freakin floating babies in a jar, a man who has been killed multiple times, cave sex, numerous naked scenes (especially liking the naked man stuff), then let me the hell know!!
And that was only this episode!!

Days of Our Lives....:dunno

This season has been pretty bad. I've enjoyed only one episode really (episode 4). I was hoping it would pick up but it was back to being boring again.

Back