Heath Ledger Joker Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nick, will you be getting in on this?

I just have little faith in Yunsil.
That this one will be "it".

And by the time we see anything concrete there will have been other, possibly better options on the market.

Nick, will you be getting in on this?

I just have little faith in Yunsil.
That this one will be "it".

And by the time we see anything concrete there will have been other, possibly better options on the market.
i think ill pass after how palpatine turned out

like many say, long wait time and inaccuracies but its sort of the runner's/host's provision to keep tabs with that. just some of them tend to be stubborn with their own vision instead of accuracy

I think this is the quality we should expect. Pictures from last year of their 1:4 Joker suit. Still a lot of things are inaccurate.

I asked the host and he will be going for accuracy and not his own vision. He thinks it will take between 1.5-2 years, but take that with a massive grain of salt. It’s Yunsil after all.

IMG_0137.jpeg
IMG_0138.jpeg

I think this is the quality we should expect. Pictures from last year of their 1:4 Joker suit. Still a lot of things are inaccurate.

I asked the host and he will be going for accuracy and not his own vision. He thinks it will take between 1.5-2 years, but take that with a massive grain of salt. It’s Yunsil after all.

View attachment 715086View attachment 715087
That’s awful, the grey blazer is the only good thing here but still not accurate, grey blazer should have black buttons, silver chain is once again laughably oversized. Did Kantizhu even try with this? First time anyone, and I mean anyone included the third missing button on the waistcoat.. Looks like it’s a good thing he’s not leading the pack for another 1:6 suit.

I’m intrigued by Yunsil’s hand at another shot in 1:6, but that is a terrible reference photo for colors, texture of clothes, pretty much anything.

That’s awful, the grey blazer is the only good thing here but still not accurate, grey blazer should have black buttons, silver chain is once again laughably oversized. Did Kantizhu even try with this? First time anyone, and I mean anyone included the third missing button on the waistcoat.. Looks like it’s a good thing he’s not leading the pack for another 1:6 suit.

I’m intrigued by Yunsils hand at another shot in 1:6, but that is a terrible reference photo for colors, texture of clothes, pretty much anything.
Even their first attempt at the suit in 1:6 looked better than what they did in 1:4. Definitely not a good host when it comes to accuracy. When that’s the whole reason people go for the custom route.

Which reference picture do you recommend? I can send it to the host and see if he wants to change his mind.

Color :

IMG_2755.jpeg

IMG_3356.jpeg

IMG_2454.jpeg

Coat shape :

IMG_7198.jpeg

The problem I have with using the promo photos is that the majority of them have their saturation washed out. This is what the colors actually look like in promo pics -

IMG_5407.jpeg

Suit texture :

IMG_9451.jpeg

IMG_6359.jpeg

Pinstripes are dotted, not straight lines, no blue hue found anywhere on the suit, not even the pants, they’re just straight purple.

Tie needs texture. Shirt is grey and white, no blue.

IMG_6065.jpeg

Last edited:
I like the idea of Yunsil having another go at the suit. Might be overrated, but IMO the quality is still there for the most part. Not as good Iris as, but Iris takes even longer than Yunsil unless you're a friend from what I've heard. Only thing I don't like hearing in regards to this new run from Yunsil is the unknown project organizer/manager. I've been burned by 2 other "unknown" project organizers already (one in the past and one more recent who doesn't appear to be coming through), that putting down a grand with an unknown is not very reassuring no matter how much I would want it. That $1k could easily go towards a new JND piece or something else.

Last edited:
No need to worry about Hideyuver, he’s been here for a while and regularly joins other custom clothing runs. With this being a new project, Yunsil will call for the NRD, produce a prototype, then when satisfaction is achieved, call for the remaining balance. If this was a second run of the suit she already made, with no improvements, then she would request the entire payment at once.

Also, I saw Gcard was looking to sell his spot for the Hye Hwa coat for $420, not sure if he’s already sold it or decided not to.

No need to worry about Hideyuver, he’s been here for a while and regularly joins other custom clothing runs. With this being a new project, Yunsil will call for the NRD, produce a prototype, then when satisfaction is achieved, call for the remaining balance. If this was a second run of the suit she already made, with no improvements, then she would request the entire payment at once.

Also, I saw Gcard was looking to sell his spot for the Hye Hwa coat for $420, not sure if he’s already sold it or decided not to.
Yea, I figured it wouldn’t be all upfront-but still, at the end of the day, it’s $1k before fees and shipping. I wish we didn’t have to go through a “project organizer.” Might not be the same quality, but Geewhiz allows you to deal directly with them from what I know rather than having to go through a middle man. At least that way, all your money is going directly to them and don’t have to worry about someone actually coming through no matter how reliable they have been in the past. I get tired of the excuses from project runners with their personal problems that somehow impede them from giving updates. We’re always at the mercy of project runners to do the right thing with all the money they receive

For what it is, GheeWhiz is terribly expensive.
Completely agree, especially their leather work. I’m just saying, I like being able to deal directly with the actual artist/tailor than an intermediate that we have to hope on good faith that they won’t up and run with the money when it comes to these custom runs

Some times a buffer is needed between the demands of the audience and the artist -- especially those artists that are touchy.

A good broker can and should get your requests (unless they conflict with the majority) to the artist and see that's its done.

For me, I get more frustrated with the "customers" who often produce conflicting demands and are easily herded toward the loudest voice, regardless of accuracy. I got so sick of it on three different Indy runs.

For me, I get more frustrated with the "customers" who often produce conflicting demands and are easily herded toward the loudest voice, regardless of accuracy. I got so sick of it on three different Indy runs.
Agreed, accuracy is the only reason any of us are here in the first place for a custom anything.

If you’re unsure of what’s accurate, don’t blindly follow and agree with someone’s thoughts unless they are presented with undeniable reference. The “blue blazer” or “blue purple pants” nonsense that constantly surfaces is why this suit is never accurate and we always find ourselves back here. Accuracy is priority number one, the price comes second. This is why Aries is viewed as a joke to most of us, hiking up the price because of the attention you’ve received instead of presenting a near perfect suit that would speak for itself regarding price, speaks to her personality.

Some times a buffer is needed between the demands of the audience and the artist -- especially those artists that are touchy.

A good broker can and should get your requests (unless they conflict with the majority) to the artist and see that's its done.

Yup, I don't disagree with you on that. There's a balance to be had for sure, though.

It's great when things actually work out and the project runner is regularly giving updates and working with the artist(s) involved. Like GCard for example - I see that guy giving updates all the time with his Nolan trilogy runs. But then there are those other guys where it's like pulling teeth to get an answer; or, sometimes what feels like having to do a manhunt to find out where these ppl went b/c they aren't responding on any platform.

I always get an uneasy feeling when handing over these large deposits that are sometimes as much as a full figure in themselves to these ppl I don't know.

Last edited:
I always get an uneasy feeling when handing over these large deposits that are sometimes as much as a full figure in themselves
I wasn’t uneasy, but it wasn’t a good feeling to throw down a $500 USD NRD for the JND Type B Ledger. Looking back though with the recent photo, it looks to have paid off and I’m glad that’s $500 less I owe on it instead of a small $200 NRD with $1500 left.

Ironically with customs I’m completely at ease, but that’s due to doing my research on someone before joining their projects. Thankfully haven’t been burned yet and there were only two instances where I asked for my money back due to excessive wait times, both times I was granted it. Joker gloves from Fan, Ledger sculpt from Dai. Dai was a little more of a headache if I’m clear, I ordered his Ledger sculpt in October and still didn’t have anything by March. I messaged him asking for my payment due to the wait, was told sculpts were already being made so I waited for a bit, then requested a refund through PayPal and he obliged.

Last edited:
I wasn’t uneasy, but it wasn’t a good feeling to throw down a $500 USD NRD for the JND Type B Ledger. Looking back though with the recent photo, it looks to have paid off and I’m glad that’s $500 less I owe on it instead of a small $200 NRD with $1500 left.
I clarified my post a bit. I don't have a problem with large NRDs for official items that are made through a trusted and/or official seller. It's the ppl I don't know in the custom world asking for these large deposits is what makes me feel uneasy, especially when they aren't great at giving updates. I always think that after a given amount of time, the runner should at least attempt to contact the artist involved for an update, but instead it's like they're sitting on their hands just waiting for the artist to contact them.

For example, I'm getting a real leather coat made for First Avenger Red Skull by Mad Leather Studio. I waited a couple months and asked for an update that took me only a few minutes to do. Got a reply a couple days later with an ETA. That's all it takes.

Back