Heath Ledger Joker Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, same. I’m already waiting on 3 sculpts so I will admire all the upcoming sculpts from afar. Can’t have them all.

As someone that can't really afford these custom sculpts + paint, what would be considered the "best" mass produced Ledger sculpt?
I have the rooted InArt currently and have the Hot Toys Artisan on pre-order and was going to mix and match these two to create the best I can.

As someone that can't really afford these custom sculpts + paint, what would be considered the "best" mass produced Ledger sculpt?
I have the rooted InArt current and have the Hot Toys Artisan on pre-order and was going to mix and match these two to create the best I can.
It really depends who you asked that.

I'd say once it release it will probably be JND, I personally don't like it but I still think it's above the others.

Can I Ask you a question ? How much do you think a custom head cost ? And how much would you be willing to pay for one ?

It really depends who you asked that.

I'd say once it release it will probably be JND, I personally don't like it but I still think it's above the others.

Can I Ask you a question ? How much do you think a custom head cost ? And how much would you be willing to pay for one ?
I skipped the JND pre-order as I wasn't really sure how their material would hold up over time, probably will come to regret that though :ROFLMAO:

I don't really have a good understanding about how much custom sculpts (fully painted and rooted) are, but I have seen a few numbers in this and other threads be $1,000+ If that is not correct though please correct me.

In terms of how much I would pay for a head sculpt, fully painted and rooted? I would probably go to £200-400 as I wouldn't really feel comfortable paying more than a full figure for 1 part of a figure, if that makes sense.

I have the rooted InArt currently and have the Hot Toys Artisan on pre-order and was going to mix and match these two to create the best I can.
as much as i dislike jnd, its likely jnd. hopefully they get their **** together because they've been abysmal as of late. hopefully kojun lite is a good sign going towards a better direction for them because they've been blind and deaf towards the community with bruce wayne's announcement

inart's sculpt is meh, hot toys suffer from the hairline issue and very very textured paint for the imposter sculpt. both inart's and hot toy's sculpts have issues with being huge heads. compare it to any custom sculpt and you can see its noticeably scaled larger but with hot toys its common to have large heads yet apparently its a crime for inart joker to have a large head lol and recently, apparently batman and bruce wayne have small heads... i don't see it and I own both.

In terms of how much I would pay for a head sculpt, fully painted and rooted? I would probably go to £200-400 as I wouldn't really feel comfortable paying more than a full figure for 1 part of a figure, if that makes sense.
Doable, we're blessed lately thanks to new artists that arrived in the game.
One of them is John Wu, he's is the best quality for price you can get probably since forever.
His goal is to offer great pieces for an affordable price. He doesn't believe an headsculpt should cost you over a grand.
His price will obviously go higher in time but after our discussions I don't believe he will ever match Yuan prices for exemple.
At least not anytime soon.

So I'd suggest you to sell your Inart sculpt and use the money to commission a custom head to him.

My latest one from him :
1000010133.jpg

I didn't pay more than your budget all included. (Sculpt, paint/hair and shipping/taxes)

1000010131.jpg

I can't say enough how lucky we are to have him in the community.

Doable, we're blessed lately thanks to new artists that arrived in the game.
One of them is John Wu, he's is the best quality for price you can get probably since forever.
His goal is to offer great pieces for an affordable price. He doesn't believe an headsculpt should cost you over a grand.
His price will obviously go higher in time but after our discussions I don't believe he will ever match Yuan prices for exemple.
At least not anytime soon.

So I'd suggest you to sell your Inart sculpt and use the money to commission a custom head to him.

My latest one from him :
View attachment 718468
I didn't pay more than your budget all included. (Sculpt, paint/hair and shipping/taxes)

View attachment 718469

I can't say enough how lucky we are to have him in the community.
Wow I never expected it to be within the price range I mentioned, do you have a link for John so I can contact them?
Does he do all of the sculpting, painting and rooting himself or do you have to find others to do each part?

Wow I never expected it to be within the price range I mentioned, do you have a link for John so I can contact them?
Does he do all of the sculpting, painting and rooting himself or do you have to find others to do each part?
https://www.instagram.com/johnwu_01?igsh=a3pvbXloeXkwYTM2

He's a painter, he does painting/rooting as a commission.
He also produced sculpts, meaning that he commission one to a sculptor and then have them printed. Once it's done he can either send it to another painter or do it himself depending on what the customer wants.

You have 2 options basically :

1 - You want a specific sculpt that his long time sold out so you ask him and he find a recast and do it for you. It's obviously the cheapest option but it's a controversial move as you ask him to paint a sculpt someone stole and did copies of.
Not judging anyone, it depends what you feel like is ok or not.

2 - You contact a project producer and you buy the sculpture for him and ask him to send it to John directly or to you and then you send it to John.

Me too! Yuan said all should be done before the end of the year. Not looking forward to paying them off tho. :ROFLMAO:
We all know that feeling brother.
His own sculpt is sold out.
His first project that we call the "sleepy" Joker is indeed sold out.

But he's planning and working on a neutral sculpt right now.
The plan is to make it unlimited and therefore cheaper and for it to have rolling eyes.

WIP pic :
1000009952.jpg

He's also thinking about another project based on the hit me scene.

1000010709.jpg

The plan is to make it unlimited and therefore cheaper and for it to have rolling eyes.

WIP pic :
View attachment 718474

View attachment 718473
seems ambitious to have rolling eyes but mark me intrigued, I look forward to following that project closely to see how that turns out

seems ambitious to have rolling eyes but mark me intrigued, I look forward to following that project closely to see how that turns out
Yeah it is ambitious but that's something hé really wants to achieve.
I think it still needs a lot of research, first he wants to nail the likeness. He's working on it with the sculptor atm.

WIP pic :
View attachment 718474

View attachment 718473
I appreciate all of the advice and suggestions here, I might stick with the InArt/Hot Toys for now and wait to see how his rolling eyes sculpt turns out and setup a small saving pot for that.

Back