Hellboy: The Crooked Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks more interesting than the last one, but I'm still stumped as to why no one wanted to continue Del Toro's story with Perlman. Even though the second film underperformed, there's more of an audience awaiting its conclusion than a reboot.

Looks more interesting than the last one, but I'm still stumped as to why no one wanted to continue Del Toro's story with Perlman. Even though the second film underperformed, there's more of an audience awaiting its conclusion than a reboot.

Yup. I liked the del Toro Hellboys a lot and don't like how they changed direction.

Whoa, that make up is really off. Apart from that it looks OK.
I’ve loved all the Hellboy adaptations so far so willing to give it a try.

The 2019 Hellboy movie was far more authentic to the comics than del Toro's take, and for that I place it above the originals.

It's only downfall was cramming so many comic stories into a single film.

The 2019 was a love letter to Mignola, whereas del Toro/Perlman was more of a, "To hell with Mignola, we're doing our own thing".

Love the creepy vibe. Not digging the look of Hellboy. I do not read the comics, but Hellboy seems out of place. It's a scary movie that just so happens to have Hellboy in it.

The Crooked Man, the Slender Man, Shadow People, Grinner... all these tall, lanky shadows in the woods with blank faces and creepy smiles. How did this singular image become so popularized?

It's like the 'Bigfoot' of this generation.

The Crooked Man, the Slender Man, Shadow People, Grinner... all these tall, lanky shadows in the woods with blank faces and creepy smiles. How did this singular image become so popularized?

It's like the 'Bigfoot' of this generation.
Creepy pasta lol

tcm1.jpg
tcm2.jpg
tcm3.jpg

https://hellboy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Crooked_Man_(comic_story)

In The Crooked Man, Hellboy confronts a minion of the devil in 1950s Appalachia.

Synopsis:

Spoiler Spoiler:

What a piece of dogshit.. I think I've seen enough, thank you.

They'll do anything but give Del Toro his third Hellboy film.
That's never happening. Ever. Pretty sure Ron wouldn't return for it anyway if it ever was on the table again. It's a very sore spot for him.

Hmmmm. As the last one flopped so badly, I'm guessing this had a small budget. It sure looks like it had a small budget.
Really not liking the look for new Hellboy. Something is really off.
Oh well, maybe this will surprise.

I don't understand why they never give Del toro what he wants lol. The guy got an oscar right and made Hellboy popular. (I never heardof him til the movie). This movie just looks... very fan made. And it comes out this year? Sheesh. Do they want this to bomb?

The problem is none of the Hellboy movies have made any money, they just don’t seem to gel with the general public.
I’ve done a bit of digging and the director has some good stuff on his resume, and Mignola and Christopher Golden have written the script so I’m hopeful.
Aside from Hellboy’s hooter it’s looking good, well I think so anyhoo.

View attachment 710987View attachment 710988View attachment 710989

https://hellboy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Crooked_Man_(comic_story)

Synopsis:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Love me some Richard Corben art!

I always think of Hellboy as a monster. This looks like a guy, a homeless guy at that, wearing a bald cap with horns.
I'll check it out because it's piqued my interest.

I'm so mad rn. God damnit look how they massacred my boy. Smh why does he have blues eyes they should be yellow. I'll see it because it's hellboy but so far I'm disappointed and it looks like those old SiFi horror movies that used to air back in the 2010s.

Back