Hot Toys Assassin's Creed II - **Updated with Official Specs and Pics**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a really good looking figure. The textures on the face are great. I'll probably pass on this though, unless I really end up enjoying the game which I still need to play.

Yeah thanks, they should be on page 1 in place of the pictures taken from hot toys site.

Ordered!!! Can't wait for this. Haven't been so excited about a figure for a while. Funniest thing was, after I completed the second game last year, I was telling myself "this is one figure that HT should make" and I am glad they did!!

This is a really good looking figure. The textures on the face are great. I'll probably pass on this though, unless I really end up enjoying the game which I still need to play.

My advice to you is, if you don't feel like dropping another $160 on a Hot Toys figure at the moment...don't play the game :exactly:

I want to order this from a retailer, anybody got one that has a free cancellation policy? in case I don't have the funds at that time

Thats what I want to know. I guess their waiting till SDCC. I hope they show an improved head sculpt on her (though admittadly, the current one is growning on me).

Eh sorry for hijacking the thread.

:exactly:Improved head sculpt.

This looks brilliant. I really should go back and finish ACII (to get ready for Brotherhood). I put it aside because I was afraid I would blow through it too fast, and of course I end up getting caught up playing other games and end up leaving it for months, heh.

Courtesy of Eddie.

4802198820_a71db3d8fb_o.jpg

https://www.eddiewong.net/2010/07/17/itts-2010-hot-toys-assassins-creed-2-ezio/

Thanks to Tang over at OSW.

Hot Toys acquires Resident Evil Movie Series rights - Alice to become a reality. MORE MMS GOODNESS

Good news to all gamers! Assassin's Creed II has a new action figure! The craftsmanship bear similarities to the various action figures on the market. YES! It's another hit from local toy/collection company Hot Toys! Is Hot Toys tired of all the movie masterpieces? Are they breaking into the video games market?

Hot Toys CEO Howard Chan: We have always had game companies approach us to develop their video game products

enzio01.jpg

Intricate Clothing Details

Howard: We have done video game master piece and have done a line of figures from Resident Evil. This is the 10th year since Hot Toys started and we have only made action figures from one video game (series). If we were to disregard the effects the movie master piece had on the Resident Evil video game series, Assassin's Creed II Ezio is by far the one true video game master piece we have introduced. We were approached by Ubisoft to collaborate on this action figure and according to the contact from Ubisoft, a lot of their game designers and developers are fans of Hot Toys and avid collectors. The praises from the Ubisoft collectors certainly played a role in boosting this collaboration. We have had various games companies approach us about collaborating on their game characters but we are sad to say that most were dropped based on the following design criteria. From Hot Toys' perspective, we need to consider if the action figures inspires our creativity and skills. The costume design of Ezio certainly challenged us. The layering of the fabric, the intricate design and pattern of the costume, the pleather/leather accessories, all these definitely made Ezio the signature character of the video game.

Howard went on to add that the head sculpt was sculpted by their Korean artists. Seeing that video game characters are easier to create than movie master piece (which is based on a real person with various angles), we need not engage our top sculptors and would give the junior sculptors a chance to prove their worth. The sculpting process took just 4 months to reach the final stage. It feels like a master using half of his skills to knock you out. Unbelievable!

In this scenario, the head sculpt is not the most difficult to create.

enzio02.jpg

The cape is made with pleather/leather.

enzio04.jpg

The most intricate part of the action figure is definitely the belt.

enzio03.jpg

We definitely had to do the concealed blade.

enzio05.jpg

What about Assassin's Creed III?

Howard confessed that he is not an avid gamer and unaware of the pose Ezio is often seen in. It was only through his colleagues and the positive feedback from avid gamers that he realizes the significance of the classic pose. When asked if he thinks there will be a third installment to the Assassin's Creed line, Howard actually revealed that Ubisoft is indeed interested in another collaboration with Hot Toys on releasing a new action figure from the Assassin's Creed III. To be frank, the outcome of Ezio's sales is the deciding factor on whether a new action figure will happen. Looks like Ezio is the make or break item. It is clear why the action figure has been delayed, release it closer to debut of Assassin's Creed III and it works as a marketing campaign.

- reported by Luk Jun Hong (Apple Daily HK)

- provided by Zip

- translated by Tang [don't shoot me if it sucks]

Original article.

HTÒÑÄÃϵçÓ°¡¶Éú»¯Î£»ú¡·Å®Ö÷½ÇÃ×À.°æȨ-¸½Æ»¹ûÈÕ±¨-´Ì¿ÍÐÅÌõÎÄÕ - ¡þ1/6ÈËżÐÂÆ·×ÊѶÓë×ÛºÏÌÖÂÛÇø¡þNEW & GENERAL CHAT - ±øÈËÔÚÏß - 1/6¿É¶¯ÈËżÖ÷ÌâÂÛ̳ - Powered by Discuz!

生果日å.± - CGå…�è²»å.±ç«.雜誌網
That's the best i've seen him looking!

Last edited:
Good to know HT is popular with game developers! There is so much potential in the video game market.

Back