Hot Toys Assassin's Creed II - **Updated with Official Specs and Pics**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now THAT, looks really good Lord Viscious. Awesome mods man, but that's the simple reason why I won't buy this figure. He needs a lot of customization and hard work to make look good and proper. Some glaring inaccuracies. If, out of the box, what you have there is what we good, I'd be darn tempted. That's how it should look!

To be fair, not all hood needs to be mod that way. Mine was fine without needing to remove any excess thread. Also, futzing this figure only takes like 10 - 15 minutes. That is hardly what I call hard work. I took me a longer time to remove all the twisty tie from my leader class prime.

AltairEzio.jpg

As for the dagger holder, HT based this figure on this pic, which doesn't have the dagger holder at the side. I say HT got it pretty close. As close as possible in this scale at least. The extra necklace is no biggie. Can hardly see it anyway.

AltairEzio.jpg

As for the dagger holder, HT based this figure on this pic, which doesn't have the dagger holder at the side. I say HT got it pretty close. As close as possible in this scale at least. The extra necklace is no biggie. Can hardly see it anyway.

Play the game again, mate, Ezio always has the leather scabbard thing, for the sword ánd dagger.

HT made a nice Ezio, no argument there, but they based him of a piece artwork, not an in-game model and all the stuff he has there. Technically he should also a second gauntley, 'cause he néver had the second wrist blade without it. That's something I still need to do as well :)

Play the game again, mate, Ezio always has the leather scabbard thing, for the sword ánd dagger.

HT made a nice Ezio, no argument there, but they based him of a piece artwork, not an in-game model and all the stuff he has there. Technically he should also a second gauntley, 'cause he néver had the second wrist blade without it. That's something I still need to do as well :)

I did play the game recently and the in game model do not have a leather scabbard for the sword and dagger. It was just slit into his belt. This was debated when the figure was announced and someone provided an ingame visual prove of this. I will try to find the pic.

I think it was very likely that Ubisoft requested them to based the figure on this artwork. Ubisoft was the one who approached HT first afterall.

There are a few inaccuracies but it's still a nice figure, especially once you sort the hood out, even water treatment makes it look so much better. It would be hard to get the figure looking spot on to the game model with real fabric costumes and moving parts etc, it would have to be a moulded piece for that probably.

I always keep in mind when I look at it that it's kind of a real world take on a video game character.

There are a few inaccuracies but it's still a nice figure, especially once you sort the hood out, even water treatment makes it look so much better. It would be hard to get the figure looking spot on to the game model with real fabric costumes and moving parts etc, it would have to be a moulded piece for that probably.

I always keep in mind when I look at it that it's kind of a real world take on a video game character.

:exactly:

Well said. Though there are inaccuracies (which let's be honest do creep into a few of Hot Toys figures) I'm just glad to see Hot Toys delivering an excellent videogame figure that isn't from Resident Evil for a change. This being a Ubisoft game, as is Prince of Persia (okay the figure was the movie version) I have my fingers crossed that we might see a Splinter Cell figure.
In the mean time I hope that sales of this figure will be encouraging and Hot Toys decide to give us another Assassin, hopefully Altair with an extra outfit to make Desmond. :pray:

I did play the game recently and the in game model do not have a leather scabbard for the sword and dagger. It was just slit into his belt. This was debated when the figure was announced and someone provided an ingame visual prove of this. I will try to find the pic.

Here's that post:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2656197&postcount=326

You can see the scabbard there, but since this is older Ezio, could be the thing only 'appears' on the costume in the later part of the game, can't remember.

But nevermind, this is a great figure, customised or not :clap

For those that have this figure already, would the body and clothes be flexible enough to put Ezio in a crouched position, like when he is perched on a viewpoint in the game?

For those that have this figure already, would the body and clothes be flexible enough to put Ezio in a crouched position, like when he is perched on a viewpoint in the game?
I haven't tried it buddy but i'd hazard a guess and say yes. The legs aren't restricted at all really and the ankles are really poseable, i'd say it is possible.

I haven't tried it buddy but i'd hazard a guess and say yes. The legs aren't restricted at all really and the ankles are really poseable, i'd say it is possible.

Cool. I've got one on preorder, but it probably won't get here until next month.

Loving this figure!!
Still waiting on the actual head :impatient:

IMG_1383.jpg

I think the legs don't bend enough to pull it of correctly, but I tried something:

IMG_1753.jpg

IMG_1738.jpg

Your figure really does look epic after the mods you did to it. Can't wait to see the figure with the Ezio head.

Back