Hot Toys Bane 2.0 (The Dark Knight Rises)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The body though swole hardy, is a big improvement. I swapped a HT Dutch body back in the day for his sleeveless look. This is a nice upgrade for sure. Totally new figure outside of the broken bat cowl it seems. Also from the videos the scars are impressively sculpted and the articulation in the neck and arms seem pretty flexible and.

Last edited:
There is a "greasy " look to the seamless part of the body that looks odd. Very off putting. The portrait, looks changed a bit from the proto.
Bloggers not selling this. Here's hoping some actual in-hand shots will save the day here.

it depends on camera lenses, zoom, aperture, etc
Oh no doubt. I just think this is more how Bane should have looked in TDKR rather than how Hardy actually looked in the movie. Try as Nolan did to make him appear big and imposing, at the end of the day he never quite measured up. I have an old custom of Bane using either a Hot Toys Dutch or Chris Redfield body (can't recall which) that probably better approximates Hardy's size in the film than does this release. While the 100% seamless look here is a definite upgrade, it doesn't move the needle enough to buy a 3rd version of a character who (for me) no longer has much of a "wow" factor.

Back