1/6 Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine had a similar issue to this (not as bad) and it just wiped away. The protective sleeves felt greasy. So weird.
Sideshow are obviously getting rid of their returns now. One of mine had the exact same problems as yours-in fact it looks like the same one! 😂 I returned mine & I wouldn’t say you got a matte one unfortunately.
I’d return it. This is the one I returned
IMG_9076.jpeg

Sideshow are obviously getting rid of their returns now. One of mine had the exact same problems as yours-in fact it looks like the same one! 😂 I returned mine & I wouldn’t say you got a matte one unfortunately.
I’d return it. This is the one I returned View attachment 705512

Dang, yeah I definitely would have returned that. Yours look a bit more shiny than mine excluding those oil spots or whatever HT rubbed on there. I got a microfiber cloth as recommended and wiped those spots and this is how it looks now. Was debating about returning it but I'll probably keep it now after comparing it with some of the super shiny ones throughout the thread.

IMG_7809.jpg

Comparison to user 72759's figures.

427646-E0BEC9CD-58DF-4018-9675-B67D1DD4FE25.jpeg

Dang, yeah I definitely would have returned that. Yours look a bit more shiny than mine excluding those oil spots or whatever HT rubbed on there. I got a microfiber cloth as recommended and wiped those spots and this is how it looks now. Was debating about returning it but I'll probably keep it now after comparing it with some of the super shiny ones throughout the thread.

View attachment 706001

That was one of two that I returned to sideshow. I got my matte versions from Timcent and then another from eBay.
You’ve got it looking better but it’s probably just the residue leaking out that’s makin it less shiny.
I dunno,I’d return it still-there’s quite a lot of matte versions on eBay now. But if your happy, who cares 👍🏻 just need a new headsculpt now 😁

Attachments

• IMG_0694.jpeg
    IMG_0694.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0686.jpeg
    IMG_0686.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0696.jpeg
    IMG_0696.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
I bought the begins from toysbuyingagent and it came in very matte similar to the one on the right

That was one of two that I returned to sideshow. I got my matte versions from Timcent and then another from eBay.
You’ve got it looking better but it’s probably just the residue leaking out that’s makin it less shiny.
I dunno,I’d return it still-there’s quite a lot of matte versions on eBay now. But if your happy, who cares 👍🏻 just need a new headsculpt now 😁

Thanks, can definitely tell there's less specular sheen on your matte one compared to mine.

I got it from sideshow with the 25% off deal + old reward points so I only paid $100. I'm guessing it's full msrp price on ebay?

My original release (MMS69) Tumbler back left tire has deteriorated in the box. Tire leaking oil, styrofoam from the box adhering to the leaking oil and the plastic black rims cracking/crumbling. It's been in its box for many years now. I was already aware of some oil leaking and the fact that a gap was opening between the tire and the rims but the cracking of those rims is new.

20240605_002741.jpg

20240605_002459.jpg

My original release (MMS69) Tumbler back left tire has deteriorated in the box. Tire leaking oil, styrofoam from the box adhering to the leaking oil and the plastic black rims cracking/crumbling. It's been in its box for many years now. I was already aware of some oil leaking and the fact that a gap was opening between the tire and the rims but the cracking of those rims is new.

View attachment 706056

View attachment 706059
Community No GIF

Thanks, can definitely tell there's less specular sheen on your matte one compared to mine.

I got it from sideshow with the 25% off deal + old reward points so I only paid $100. I'm guessing it's full msrp price on ebay?

View attachment 706056
Iv got the rerelease still in box from when it released-gonna have to check it out!
Where’d you keep yours stored a-dev?

Iv got the rerelease still in box from when it released-gonna have to check it out!
Where’d you keep yours stored a-dev?
It's been in my collection room the whole time stored on its side. Irish climate isn't extreme, it gets hot in Summer but what an Irish person considers hot could be 'mild' to someone else.

It's been in my collection room the whole time stored on its side. Irish climate isn't extreme, it gets hot in Summer but what an Irish person considers hot could be 'mild' to someone else.
I’m Scottish mate so know where your coming from 😂
Mines sitting upright but Iv just kept it upstairs in my house, not had it out the box in at least 5 years…. Gonna have a look at it when I finish work 🤞

I’m Scottish mate so know where your coming from 😂
Mines sitting upright but Iv just kept it upstairs in my house, not had it out the box in at least 5 years…. Gonna have a look at it when I finish work 🤞
Hopefully it'll be fine.

You'd think your toy would be safe inside its original packaging but apparently not.

View attachment 706001

That derpy head sculpt always kills me LMAO !!!

View attachment 706056

View attachment 706059
That truly SUCKS !!!!
Sorry for this happening and makes me worried about my unboxed 2.0 version ...

Just got one from Sideshow with the 25% sale they had.

Looks like I got a proper matte black version? But there are some shiny spots randomly splattered on the body. Does the suit leak oil or something?

Wondering if I should buy a microfiber cloth and 303 protectant and it will get rid of the shiny spots.

View attachment 705457
View attachment 705456
Woah.. wtf??

View attachment 706056

View attachment 706059
**** Hot Toys
1717248295629-01.jpeg

Just shows none of these companies offering rubberized synthetic or the newer seamless elements, have likely been tested long term.
For leaking (sweating), cracking, flaking, creasing, melting, or other degradation, etc.
They are likely just putting out whatever at the time looks best for the photo shoot.
I think Joost emphasized while looking into seamless/rubberized bodies, he couldn't get any producer to guarantee their material beyond 7 years, I believe.
May be obvious, yet (depending on the care) several of these products likely have a relativley limited shelf life, despite the high prices.

Last edited:
Just shows none of these companies offering rubberized synthetic or the newer seamless elements, have likely been tested long term.
For leaking (sweating), cracking, flaking, creasing, melting, or other degradation, etc.
They are likely just putting out whatever at the time looks best for the photo shoot.
I think Joost emphasized while looking into seamless/rubberized bodies, he couldn't get any producer to guarantee their material beyond 7 years, I believe.
May be obvious, yet (depending on the care) several of these products likely have a relativley limited shelf life, despite the high prices.

Bummer. And if it's not the rubber it's the electronics - my '89 Batmobile's dashboard lights and one headlight have stopped working. I'll check the tires now. Ever since first noticing Tumbler's leaky tires I've at least raised the '89s tires off the ground so they're not in physical contact with anything.

It’s because the materials Hot Toys uses are extremely cheap and have negative interactions with each other (ex. Different plastics and rubbers touching each other).

There are Tonka toys from the 70s and 80s that have tires that are in better condition than those damn Tumbler tires. The electronics situation is ******** too. Most of us only put those things on once . . . when we first receive it, to test it. Assuming you took the batteries out and they didn’t explode, there is no reason that thing shouldn’t work. The bulbs haven’t even been used! It boils down to bad wiring and soldering jobs. Again, I have Kenner vehicles from the 80s/90s that had their batteries explode in the compartment and a quick cleaning had them good as new. Hot Toys is just cheap **** with a built in expiration date. After 10 years when the plastic sockets have deteriorated, the rubber has melted and the knees have blown at, here comes Hot Toys with their rerelease or 2.0.

Back