Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

Yeah but HT have had time to develop Greef and Cara so that definitely helps especially with headsculpts. I can't imagine Hot Toys would have gotten extreme heads-up time to start development on Live-action Boba or Live-action Ahsoka given the secrecy of it all.

Personally I think they're just waiting for Cara and Greef to show up in an episode before they drop them.

But I guess we'll see pretty soon. I expect them to turn up in this weeks episode.

Think of how long was the wait for Lando. Then simply x100 times that duration you will have a Greef.

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

^I?ve run the numbers and that math checks out.^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm so glad they didn't release a Greef Carga in season 1 considering how much cooler he and his outfit look in season 2.

Hot Toys and Mando Mondays...

waiting.jpg

They will put something up when they feel like it and shred any directives from Lucasfilm.

Just imagining these 3 on the shelf together.

023wjzst9mz51.jpg

Just imagining these 3 on the shelf together.

023wjzst9mz51.jpg

That's the desktop background sorted.

Here's another cool one...

0tqxq0z5cmz51.jpg

It has to be said, they're killing it with the Mando chicks in this show.

Well said. There is and always has been great female characters in Star Wars going back to Leia, and even Padme in the PT. Filoni does them better than anyone: Ahsoka, Bo Katan, Sabine, Ventress, Duchess Satine etc. You'll rarely hear any negative comments towards them from male fans, in fact, quite the opposite they're generally loved by male fans. Even in the Disney era we've seen the likes of Jyn and Qi'ra, who again are popular among male fans. However, there's just something that feels very different and a little antagonistic about the Rey character. Maybe someone else can put their finger on what that is. Maybe it's because she's seemingly perfect at everything and easily kicks everyone's butts that she doesn't earn that same respect.

The problem is - I think, its really hard to quantify - the perception of competence.

Why SHOULD Rey be some desert scavenger who picks up a lightsaber and fights a Sith to a draw on the FIRST GO-ROUND?! And I say that not as someone who detests Rey, I dont. Lets be honest here, what really might have happened was 1. Kylo kills her on the spot with no remorse in three moves flat, come on, SITH HERE or 2. Kylo Force-yanks that lightsaber out of her hands and she wakes up flat on her back a half-kilometer away, having no idea how she got there. She fights a guy who has been training his whole life to a draw, with no training. GTFO

Ahsoka at least first appeared as a padawan and was trained. She did not fight Vader till she knew what she was doing. Competent.

Bo-katan and pals show up and lay waste everyone and everything, LUCKY FOR MANDO, I tell you Mando is one lucky guy. This is the second time now he would have been toast if not for other Mandos. But I digress.... Bo and her compatriots: all trained their whole lives. Competent.

Ventress: a lifetime of training, including training by Dooku himself...? Competent.

So really all it takes is a character with the perception that she knows what she is doing. Rey knows nothing, and Rose Tico knows even bleeping less, other than how to make stupid pronouncements and hijack an already-poor film. And so these ladies get dismissed.

OK, back to wondering if I should cancel my Beskar Mando since it now seems highly likely we are eventually going to get an unhelmed Pascal sculpt. I own one Mando [titular character] now, and how many do I need? Yet Beskar Mando comes with much cool stuff. I am so confused.

I think Bo Katan is supposed to get a spin-off series in 2022/23, so HT may hold off on her. I wouldn’t be surprised if they produce both Bo and Koska since the armor would essentially be a repaint, although their tops are different and there are probably some differences in weapons and accessories. Other female Night Owls will probably show up in the series as well.

I think Bo Katan is supposed to get a spin-off series in 2022/23, so HT may hold off on her. I wouldn?t be surprised if they produce both Bo and Koska since the armor would essentially be a repaint, although their tops are different and there are probably some differences in weapons and accessories. Other female Night Owls will probably show up in the series as well.

HT have disappointed us before, but as popular as her appearance has been I can't see them NOT releasing her while the iron is hot. Plus with COVID wreaking havoc again, Mando and PS4/PS5 Spidey/Miles are their main properties for new releases. Besides, it's not as if her outfit won't be tweaked between now and this alleged spin-off series. At the very least they'll toss in the Darksaber for any subsequent release.

I'd definitely get Bo-Katan, especially if she came with an unmasked sculpt. I don't think I'd bother with the other two, though, especially at $250 - $300 each.

That's the desktop background sorted.

Here's another cool one...

0tqxq0z5cmz51.jpg

It has to be said, they're killing it with the Mando chicks in this show.

Interesting they have different sized breastplate armour.......

Interesting they have different sized breastplate armour.......

Hahaha yeah, very strange. Being a gentleman it wasn?t the first thing I noticed... it was the second after checking the accuracy of the pant tightness.

Death Watch vs. The Night Owls sounds like a bit of a mismatch.

The killers vs. the caffeine infused book club? Could have went with a more intimidating name for their organization:lol

Hot Toys would be printing money with Bo Katan. I just don't see this being a figure NOT being made. If anything, I can see this figure being fast tracked.

I don't think I can ever see the term 'fast-tracked' applied to Hot Toys unless it has an arc reactor or spider on it.

A Bo Katan spin-off is a terrible idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back