Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a lot of scratch for parts that are "completely wrong". Looks like Toy Anxiety knows what's up. People are still going to be scooping up those parts left and right.

$60 for a body that is 'completely wrong'.

$50 for a head that 'looks nothing like Harrison Ford'.

Haters gonna hate.

That's a lot of scratch for parts that are "completely wrong". Looks like Toy Anxiety knows what's up. People are still going to be scooping up those parts left and right.

$60 for a body that is 'completely wrong'.

$50 for a head that 'looks nothing like Harrison Ford'.

Haters gonna hate.

this. :lecture

You know what though? If any parts don't come out right, you can return the stuff.

A bit OT, but the main reason for the prices is the overall cost of the set--TA has to make breaking down these boxed figures worth their while. While it might be "too early" to guess at what people are going to be willing to pay for any of the part outs, one constant is that the head and body tend to be the most desirable bits of a set (regardless of how this person or that person feels about a likeness or whatnot) and hence almost always command a significant premium over any other part.

That's what I'm saying, even if the body sucks, people are paying a grip for a muscle body. Even if you get the fig in hand and you still think the body sucks, you can sell it for $60-$80, depending on how much definition it has, and then your cost of the $225 fig (let's be honest, nobody is paying full retail for this) is now $160.

I foresee this figure being a hot-seller just for the parting out possibilities. You could probably sell that paper journal for $10 to some sucker. Hell, I'd gladly switch out the plastic sandbag for the "real" DX one.

There's an Arnie Kim original Indy on eBay right now.

Considering that thing was handmade, it's still incredible.

It's $225 at most places, AlterEgo, Viking Playground. $235 at BBTS, I don't usually go anyplace else.

Anyone else gonna volunteer their faves??

I mean, he made the sidebag himself, right?? He couldn't just snag the one from Coleman, like everybody else did. He didn't have Newline boots to throw on there.

People need to respect their elders, before they go dogging on the man's sculpt.

Very fair prices (IMO) on the Indy breakdown. $60 for the body (which easily sells for $80-$100 on eBay ) is very good.

Looking at their breakdown prices, and the few pieces I might want to to add to my custom Indy is making me think for $225 it might be smart just to buy one and sell off what I don't need on eBay.

I think you pay up front for pre-order parts... not sure if you get a fee if you cancel them or just a full refund.

Thanks, Galactiboy. I'm just going to get a couple of pieces from the DX. Honestly I'll be happy buying a second SS Indy and adding a couple of bits from the DX!

I got all the loose parts that I wanted and didn't have to go through the hassle of buying the full set and trying to sell off what I didn't want to keep.

I'm sure that the map room pieces will be the first parts to disappear. That's one new version of Indy with just those parts.

Thanks, Galactiboy. I'm just going to get a couple of pieces from the DX. Honestly I'll be happy buying a second SS Indy and adding a couple of bits from the DX!

That's my plan exactly, though I already have the second Indy parts.

I got all the loose parts that I wanted and didn't have to go through the hassle of buying the full set and trying to sell off what I didn't want to keep.

I'm sure that the map room pieces will be the first parts to disappear. That's one new version of Indy with just those parts.

Not sure if the map room bits or the body will sell out first. My money is on the body personally :lol

Just ordered my "Map Room Indy" set! :wave

yeah... I can get everything I wanted from this set for right at about 110 through loose parts ordering.. no box set for me at all...

If you look at the bottom it says prototype shown, final product may be slightly different.
And to say it looks nothing like Ford is a matter of opinion. I see Ford in the sculpt, but I do acknowledge that it needs some tweaks, which I am sure given the release date, Arnie Kim is working on.

179484_488154417343_58690437343_6403158_259248_n.jpg

I want the best Indy Hot Toys can make and these proto pics are complete fail. No if's, and's, or but's about it.

https://www.imdb.com/media/rm2308017408/tt0082971

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back