Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it is supposed to be released 3rd quarter which, technically, begins next week. Since no one has received a shipping notification yet, I find it highly unlikely that it will be next week though.

Well it could be hitting Asia next week and then NA in the following weeks.

If it helps ... when I pre-ordered this figure several months back, the Sideshow FlexPay schedule said the last payment would hit in September. Sideshow usually tries to line it up so your final payment coincides with the actual release so you get your item the same time as everybody else. They've been accurate with all the other HT figures I've ordered through them in the past.

But, that said, a lot could have changed between then and now. Especially given the fact that this figure could possibly be undergoing changes.

Beyond that ... all your guesses are no doubt better than mine! :dunno

Well, it is supposed to be released 3rd quarter which, technically, begins next week. Since no one has received a shipping notification yet, I find it highly unlikely that it will be next week though.

Try not to take things so seriously on here, I am sure we'll see tons of coverage from the Asian collector forums. He won't be released unnoticed.

Part of me still fees like I should trust in HT and pre-order this... but I just don't have much desire to do so. The figure just feels very meh, even with a tweaked head sculpt I still just don't see $200+ here :huh

Just speculation. Rarely, if ever, do I know what Hot Toys is up to before you guys do.

Hmm. Im still new here and dont know everyone so this may be a stupid question. Why would you know what anyone was up to whether it be HT or SS before we would anyhow? I dunno your post sounded as though you could have inside info on things. Like its not impossible for you to catch news of something before we would. Are you an employee? Im not being a smart@$$ either, Im genuinely asking.:wave

Originally Posted by galactiboy View Post
Part of me still fees like I should trust in HT and pre-order this... but I just don't have much desire to do so. The figure just feels very meh, even with a tweaked head sculpt I still just don't see $200+ here

I'm really tired of this explanation.

Here is the realty of the situation.

HT Superman is $210 and i have not herd any big complaints about his price.

With this Indy for another $40 you get.

(1) one-piece creamy white-colored Arab garb with white-colored waistband

(1) white-colored headscarf

(1) Staff of Ra with Headpiece for matching with style 2 costume

(1) sand bag ( Which really is a sand bag not sculpted !! )

(1) pedestal

(1) journal made of authentic paper

Double-sided movie-accurate backdrop

100 % better paint job the best and most professional in the industry.

Yes head sculpt is a bit off but we know it is getting tweaked and all the little tweaks are just little tweaks!!!

If anyone thinks this is unrealistic for the skill level and production you go produce all these little extras and see how much time it takes you and money. Then I think you would change your opinion.

I tell what!! If someone started making the Arab costume in the custom section for $50 each and them the staff of Ra for $20 and the journal for $10 and the backdrop for $15.

Some people would going Cool , Unreal , Whoa!!! you have made my collection.

Come on!!!:slap:slap

It just does my head in!!!:panic::panic:

Originally Posted by galactiboy View Post
Part of me still fees like I should trust in HT and pre-order this... but I just don't have much desire to do so. The figure just feels very meh, even with a tweaked head sculpt I still just don't see $200+ here

I'm really tired of this explanation.

Here is the realty of the situation.

HT Superman is $210 and i have not herd any big complaints about his price.

With this Indy for another $40 you get.

(1) one-piece creamy white-colored Arab garb with white-colored waistband

(1) white-colored headscarf

(1) Staff of Ra with Headpiece for matching with style 2 costume

(1) sand bag ( Which really is a sand bag not sculpted !! )

(1) pedestal

(1) journal made of authentic paper

Double-sided movie-accurate backdrop

100 % better paint job the best and most professional in the industry.

Yes head sculpt is a bit off but we know it is getting tweaked and all the little tweaks are just little tweaks!!!

If anyone thinks this is unrealistic for the skill level and production you go produce all these little extras and see how much time it takes you and money. Then I think you would change your opinion.

I tell what!! If someone started making the Arab costume in the custom section for $50 each and them the staff of Ra for $20 and the journal for $10 and the backdrop for $15.

Some people would going Cool , Unreal , Whoa!!! you have made my collection.

Come on!!!:slap:slap

It just does my head in!!!:panic::panic:

While I somewhat disagree with Galactiboy, I also feel that $210 is too much for the HT Superman. It's got a decent stand, but it's just one fig/head (also with a decent but middling sculpt) with a simple costume and it should have been in the $160 range. Not that I won't be getting it...

HT Indy, in this new era, is a decent value, but us old timers remember things 3-4 years ago when the $90 SSC Indy came with two pretty nice headsculpts plus pretty much everything HT offers except Arab garb, which could be had as a custom item for under $30. The addition of the staff/headpiece is a terrific extra, but Medicom's headpiece was around $10-15 on eBay for a while. So yeah, the arab garb is maybe a $35-40 value (though HT quality will likely be better on the robe/scarf.)

The HT idol pedestal and display up the ante of value a bit, but both are of neglible value/quality - the pedesatl so far looks quite inferior to the SSC one (and no floor) and the display is not really something most collectors would use - the ol' cardboard backdrop just isn't the setting for a $200 plus fig.

And Indy really screams out for two headsculpts - hat and no-hat, preferably one with a grin or grimace. And HT gives you just one with a hairpiece.

The problem with HT Indy is that the overall package for most people on these boards is not hugely attractive - people want a 10/10 OMG sculpt/paint, and they want a costume and accessories that blow SSC's versions away. And this figure, while a decent value when you break down the parts, doesn't do that.

Even though I was satisfied with my SSC Indy, and there's room for improvement on the HT figure, it's still miles ahead in quality over the SSC figure. Since ROTLA is my all time favorite movie, I'd be kicking myself if I didn't get the DX figure. Especially if there are tweaks in the finished product.

HT Indy, in this new era, is a decent value, but us old timers remember things 3-4 years ago when the $90 SSC Indy came with two pretty nice headsculpts plus pretty much everything HT offers.

The problem is the end product was no where near the prototype at all.

Most people had to change the body and the head kept wobbling around and the paint job was disgraceful ,holster was completely different. So every time now i will not buy a SS product until I see in hand photos. It was the biggest false advertising product they have done.

I know it doesn't effect US collectors but then we had to pay $180 for SS Indy with the shipping and taxes rubbish it's the biggest scam.

So he really was not that great a value for some of us!!

Last edited:
The DX04 was loaded with accessories and came in at around 200 bucks. DX05 is around 30-40 bucks more expensive for more or less the same kind of kit. We're not talking about harking back to the good ol' days here, we're talking about figures released in the same calendar year. In 2011 HT have started pricing their regular releases at around the same price point that their DX's used to be, and their DX's are now through the roof.

Using Supes as an example of how people will happily pay 200 bucks for a lesser-equipped figure is a bit off the mark given that there is a declared charitable contribution factored into the price. Nobody knows how much, but few want to come across as uncharitable for complaining about it.

Talking about how much value this DX05 represents because people would happily pay bigger dollars for customs is a bit sketchy too. The whole 'try making it or sourcing it all yourself for the same money' observation doesn't factor in the economies of scale disparity between the cottage-industry customisers and a giant like Hot Toys.

It can't really be argued that the price of these things compared to even 12 months ago is not going through the roof. Someone points out that this figure doesn't represent 200 dollars value to them, it doesn't mean that they can't read a specs list or that they're living in 5-years-ago land - it simply means that they think 200+ for this figure does not equate to good value.

You can talk about how license fees blow out the cost, and that's fair enough. It still doesn't change the fact that $230 for this figure is a lot to ask. I'll be keeping my pre-order if the sculpt is revised to perfection - but I don't begrudge anyone who doesn't think the kit is good value.

Honestly, I don't care what anyone thinks about the price, nor do I care who buys it. The bottom line is, it doesn't affect me, and at the end of the day, I deem what I think is an acceptable price because it's me who'll be buying it. If someone else thinks that's too much, more power to 'em because in the end, it's their decision. No need to debate something that isn't affecting you.

Just speculation. Rarely, if ever, do I know what Hot Toys is up to before you guys do.

Ah, ok, I just though that since you mentioned Sideshow maybe having it on display that you might know something.

It would be great to see him on display at SDCC though...fingers crossed!

Honestly, I don't care what anyone thinks about the price, nor do I care who buys it. The bottom line is, it doesn't affect me, and at the end of the day, I deem what I think is an acceptable price because it's me who'll be buying it. If someone else thinks that's too much, more power to 'em because in the end, it's their decision. No need to debate something that isn't affecting you.

:exactly::goodpost: INDEED GOOD SIR!

Dont come in here telling me what this figure is worth! Its worth what Im willing to pay for said figure! And Im willing to pay the retail price for this guy, because I want this figure on my shelf! Its worth every penny to me!:)

Dont come in here telling me what this figure is worth! Its worth what Im willing to pay for said figure! And Im willing to pay the retail price for this guy, because I want this figure on my shelf! Its worth every penny to me!:)

This is him!!! Galactiboy! Death to the infidel!!! Not worth the 200+ my arse!!!

Part of me still fees like I should trust in HT and pre-order this... but I just don't have much desire to do so. The figure just feels very meh, even with a tweaked head sculpt I still just don't see $200+ here :huh

stoning.jpg

I wouldn't pay 220+ with the head sculpt they showed us in the preview....I don't know what genius even thought it was a good idea to even show the proto....

Let's be friends because I couldn't agree with you more :hi5:

Haters will hate, lovers will love...the circle of life :lol

I think one thing a lot of you guys are going to have to realise is that as wages and living standards in China increase, so do costs and so do prices. The days of us being able to buy a $100 figure of exceedingly high quality are gone. The times they are a changing.....as someone once sang.:dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back