Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one thing a lot of you guys are going to have to realise is that as wages and living standards in China increase, so do costs and so do prices. The days of us being able to buy a $100 figure of exceedingly high quality are gone. The times they are a changing.....as someone once sang.:dunno

I think the guy that sang that song was singing about social revolution. China is right now in the midst of the biggest crackdown since Tiananmen. It's just the prices that are a-changin'.

I think one thing a lot of you guys are going to have to realise is that as wages and living standards in China increase, so do costs and so do prices. The days of us being able to buy a $100 figure of exceedingly high quality are gone. The times they are a changing.....as someone once sang.:dunno

I think the guy that sang that song was singing about social revolution. China is right now in the midst of the biggest crackdown since Tiananmen. It's just the prices that are a-changin'.

China have got a few more years of churning out cheap crap for Westerners before their middle class makes it cost-effective for them to churn out cheap crap for themselves.

The problem is the end product was no where near the prototype at all.

Most people had to change the body and the head kept wobbling around and the paint job was disgraceful ,holster was completely different. So every time now i will not buy a SS product until I see in hand photos. It was the biggest false advertising product they have done.

Pretty much every single Sideshow product suffers from this. Especially Indy - see "Hawaiian Vacation" paint on Indy PF and Toht. They are getting better of late though - as Silentsurfer recently pointed out.

I know it doesn't effect US collectors but then we had to pay $180 for SS Indy with the shipping and taxes rubbish it's the biggest scam.

So he really was not that great a value for some of us!!

Does now.

HT Indy:
Casefresh = $270 incl shipping to AU
Sideshow = $270 incl shipping to US

My father and I were discussing this about gas prices recently and he was telling me he remembered a time when he would get his allowance of $1.00 and he could go to the market in town and buy a Soda Pop, a Candy Bar and a comic book and still have a nickle left over.

Now youd be lucky to be able to buy a candy bar for a dollar.

My father and I were discussing this about gas prices recently and he was telling me he remembered a time when he would get his allowance of $1.00 and he could go to the market in town and buy a Soda Pop, a Candy Bar and a comic book and still have a nickle left over.

Now youd be lucky to be able to buy a candy bar for a dollar.

I'd hope anyone collecting $200 dollies would be giving their kids a bit more than a dollar for their allowance though.

You know it's time to show something when discussions about your figure hav evolved into discussions about inflation. ;)

Hey don't get me started on the old days...I'm in my 50's and I remember when........:thud:

zzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Hey i'm 26 and still love to wax about the good ol days when music was about sound and not visual, when there was no console war (a tiny battle or so in the Sega v Nintendo days), no daily reports on crime against little old ladies and 3 year olds.

I'm getting more cynical as time goes by.

At 26 you're "remembering when"? All the cool crap stopped in the 90s. You missed wrestling, Saturday morning cartoons, UHF. There has been a change in the fabric of life in the last 15 years with the 'net, cell phones, downloading etc. Some of us remember life before these things, and I would argue that music, television, and art in general was better before roughly the 90s. All subjective of course.

At 26 you're "remembering when"? All the cool crap stopped in the 90s. You missed wrestling, Saturday morning cartoons, UHF. There has been a change in the fabric of life in the last 15 years with the 'net, cell phones, downloading etc. Some of us remember life before these things, and I would argue that music, television, and art in general was better before roughly the 90s. All subjective of course.

i know what you mean, but i think thats nostalgia more than anything

ok. The 70s had major powerhouse musicians. The 80s saw the rise of a few superheavy weights like MJ, madonna, springsteen, prince, U2. All in the RnR hall of fame. Name me one musician on that level from the 90s. An artistic and cultural void still in this county began in the 90s imo.

True story. I have album covers on my living room wall for decoration. I had a food delivery and the 16 y.o. delivery boy asked what those were. I explained to him that they were records and people played them for music. He had never seen or heard one before. I took one out of the sleeve to let him see. He touched the vinyl with such perplexed curiosity. The kid had never even TOUCHED a record before.

ok. The 70s had major powerhouse musicians. The 80s saw the rise of a few superheavy weights like MJ, madonna, springsteen, prince, U2. All in the RnR hall of fame. Name me one musician on that level from the 90s. An artistic and cultural void still in this county began in the 90s imo.

I personally hated music in the 90s, but I can't say that it was devoid of anything culturally important. There was Grunge with Pearl Jam and Nirvana, Punk with Blink 182 and Green Day, and other artists like Alanis, Sheryl Crow, Oasis and Radiohead.

So even though the music may not have been my cup of tea, I can recognize that some important artists did emerge during the 90s.

And that's hilarious about the delivery guy! I'm kinda surprised since they've been making a comeback. I love my old LPs and bought them up to the very last minute. But then I made the switch to CDs for mere convenience. I still see how much better they sound than CDs, though.

Anyway, back on topic.

If Sideshow's Flexpay is correct, and Indy is coming by the end of September, then I have to think the final sculpt is done and is being manufactured as we speak. So they really should have that final proto ready to reveal.

The only "groups" I can remember really liking in the 90's was Garbage and Fat Boy Slim.

Although in the very, very beginning (like 1990 in fact) I loved Lenny Kravitz first album and songs like "Love Shack", "Groove is in the Heart", and that Beatles-esque Tears for Fears song (Sewing the Seeds?). I remember that summer having a lot of good songs, although I was still clubbing at that time so maybe that's the reason.

I do remember though that prior to the 90's music as a whole seem to make a drastic shift every 3-4 years. Major changes, like from Disco to Punk. Grunge was the last real change that felt different and was given a name. Since then its been an empty canvas for the most part. The only survivor is Rap. Ugh! Been around since 1983. Never goes away. That's because any idiot can do it.

Last edited:

I didnt miss them...

Man i love the clasic 90's cartoons, spider-man, x-men, hey arnold, dexters lab, BTAS, batman beyond, pirates of Dark Water, not to mention the best period of wrestling ever the artitude era, Rock HHH, stone cold new age outlaws, edge and christian, the dudleys, masked kane, mankind, kem shamrock, the corporarion, ministry.

Thread-Offtopic-Derailed.jpg

looks like there has been quite a few changes to spider-man and that was taken off display same time as indy at toyhunters a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
no new pics???? IM a child of the 80's and 90's too! stay out to play til sundown, playin 45's, shootin at your bff with REAL bb guns, sleeping in the backseat of your parents car on the seat with no seatbelt on a 6 hr trip, drinking water from a hose, ahhhhhhh..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back