Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also a little disenchanted because I dreamt of HT getting this license and imo they didn't quite live up to my hype. HT's own worst enemy is its own body of awesome work. They spoiled many of us, me included.

I've been watching his page, waiting for his verdict. Based on the Sam Flynn Tron figure he has listed at £225 (compared to Sideshow's $299.99) the $250 Indy plus his delivery fee may work out around the same price as FP.co.uk.

I emailed one of the Chinese sellers on Ebay out of interest, and was assured not to worry about incurring customs fees as, "I am tax avoidance expert." :rotfl

With the free delivery taking 40 odd days, and the likelihood of customs and postal handling charges, I'd rather go for a UK supplier.

Hope this high pricing is just Lucas' greedy cut, and not going to be the Hot Toys norm...

We shall see, I may well be after parts alone.

CHEERS!

You obviously want this to be a near perfect figure and are not willing to compromise with what we've been shown. But most folks aren't perfectionists and are not going to hold out hope for an absolute, perfect figure. That's not being an "HT fanboy," necessarily.

For $250, I expect him to look a hell of a lot more like Indy. If he were checking in at the HT average of $150 or hell, even more accurately the DX price of $180, I wouldn't be _____ing. But at $250, this "good enough" isn't. And the fact that many are preordering with "faith" doesn't send HT any message other than, "Wow, look at all the preorders. Guess he's a hit!" Thinking otherwise is blatantly naive.

Many think this is "good enough" to justify buying. It will be a nice complement to the Sideshow version, even if it is flawed. Hot Toys probably will tweak it a bit, but if not, it will still be a nice figure, particularly when posed in the right angle with the right lighting (as we have seen with some of Plastic Enemies' pics).

If you're looking at the figure while it's facing 30 degrees west, in a rising eastern sunlight with the curtains half shut and your eyes closed, yeah, it might be a "good enough" Harrison. But for my $250, he needs to at least top the Sideshow sculpt and wardrobe. And simply, he doesn't.

If folks really weren't willing to compromise, then they will behave as you apparently are and not pre-order. And if enough people do this, then Hot Toys will get the message one way or the other. But compromises are made by most collectors. If not, I don't know how you could accept a single Sideshow Joe, as nearly all of them have issues of some kind. I'm not a "Sideshow fanboy" because I buy their Joes, though. I like the characters and the figures are good enough, so I buy.

As I said previously. If this figure was checking in at the regular DX price, I'd take it with a grain of salt. But you gotta understand, HT pimped the hell out of this and made it the main display at a toy show, slapping together an "almost" Harrison sculpt and a wardrobe that looks like they guessed off of black and white pics and memory. And to top it off, they slap a $250 price tag on it. Only a fool would think this isn't setting a precedence for future DX releases. And with HT being the best goddam 1:6 maker in the business, to release this, for this much, is an insult at large. Dropping $$$ on the preorder only shows blind faith and dedication. Hoping it will improve, sends no other message than, "This gets my money because it is good enough."

Having said all that, I'm not completely satisfied with this figure and I'm not sure if I will keep my pre-order or not. But, I'm leaning toward keeping it for the reasons I say here.

Thanks for telling HT that Indy's perfectly fine. :clap:clap:clap

Something else that bothers me about the HT figure are the stripes on the soles and heels of his boots. If you look here:

https://www.indygear.com/igboots.html

you can see that there aren't any. The best Alden's I've seen (I haven't seen the Newline ones.) are the Hasbro ones. Repaint them the right colour and they look great.

CHEERS!

I was a little bothered by them too, so I did some research on the net; the HT boots look just like brand new Aldens. Do a search for Alden 405's and you'll see. Indy's are old, weathered and beaten, so the sole colouration isn't so prominent, but they looked like the HT ones to begin with. On the Indygear page you linked, you can just about make the stripes out under all the dust and dirt. I'm pretty pleased with the HT boots, and with some weathering I think they'll look fine.

Last edited:
I totally agree with you! I went against my market economy religion and preordered him anyway.. Im a weak person :/

For $250, I expect him to look a hell of a lot more like Indy. If he were checking in at the HT average of $150 or hell, even more accurately the DX price of $180, I wouldn't be _____ing. But at $250, this "good enough" isn't. And the fact that many are preordering with "faith" doesn't send HT any message other than, "Wow, look at all the preorders. Guess he's a hit!" Thinking otherwise is blatantly naive.

If you're looking at the figure while it's facing 30 degrees west, in a rising eastern sunlight with the curtains half shut and your eyes closed, yeah, it might be a "good enough" Harrison. But for my $250, he needs to at least top the Sideshow sculpt and wardrobe. And simply, he doesn't.

As I said previously. If this figure was checking in at the regular DX price, I'd take it with a grain of salt. But you gotta understand, HT pimped the hell out of this and made it the main display at a toy show, slapping together an "almost" Harrison sculpt and a wardrobe that looks like they guessed off of black and white pics and memory. And to top it off, they slap a $250 price tag on it. Only a fool would think this isn't setting a precedence for future DX releases. And with HT being the best goddam 1:6 maker in the business, to release this, for this much, is an insult at large. Dropping $$$ on the preorder only shows blind faith and dedication. Hoping it will improve, sends no other message than, "This gets my money because it is good enough."

:lol:exactly:

:(

I was a little bothered by them too, so I did some research on the net; the HT boots look just like brand new Aldens. Do a search for Alden 405's and you'll see. Indy's are old, weathered and beaten, so the sole colouration isn't so prominent, but they looked like the HT ones to begin with. On the Indygear page you linked, you can just about make the stripes out under all the dust and dirt. I'm pretty pleased with the HT boots, and with some weathering I think they'll look fine.

I do see what you mean, what looks to be a top stripe on the HT boots is in fact the upper part of the sole where the stitching is on the actual boots. I suppose a close-up of the HT boots would help on that score.

CHEERS!

Totally agree, Nam.

People were up in arms about Sideshow's Indy, which was the best at the time. And that was only $90! People still complain that $90 is too much for Sideshow's Indy because of the bad paint, poor body and inaccurate clothing and accessories. Now we have a $250 figure with a bad sculpt, poor body choice and inaccurate clothing and accessories created by the top high-end toy manufacturer around and half the people here think it's "good enough"? :thud:

Totally agree, Nam.

People were up in arms about Sideshow's Indy, which was the best at the time. And that was only $90! People still complain that $90 is too much for Sideshow's Indy because of the bad paint, poor body and inaccurate clothing and accessories. Now we have a $250 figure with a bad sculpt, poor body choice and inaccurate clothing and accessories created by the top high-end toy manufacturer around and half the people here think it's "good enough"? :thud:

You forgot the, "Sideshow should let HotToys have this license, they'd do sooooo much better." The blatant hypocrisy filling this and the other thread is not lose on me. :lol

What's odd is, seeing what they've done to Indy, I don't even want them to go anywhere near Star Wars. But apparently, how Indy looks is having no affect on the HT fanboys invading the SW threads. No surprise, he had little affect on the ones here. :monkey1

That's as it should be.

I'm sure most who preordered have done so with the expectation that HT will "fix" the sculpt and make it better. But I fully expect at least half of those preorders to be cancelled because something newer and better gets offered between now and then. Batman stuff or Terminator stuff most likely.

HT Nicholson Joker, HT Superman...

I'm quite sure this Indy will turn out fine, I'm not happy with the sculpt yet & a few other things which have all ready been mentioned but Arnie Kim did say there still working on it & there not let me down yet, so I'm going to give HT the benefit of the doubt. If it does turn out to be a disappointment then it will just end up on eBay.

I'm quite sure this Indy will turn out fine, I'm not happy with the sculpt yet & a few other things which have all ready been mentioned but Arnie Kim did say there still working on it & there not let me down yet, so I'm going to give HT the benefit of the doubt. If it does turn out to be a disappointment then it will just end up on eBay.

HT won't care. They'll still get your hard earned money. :lol

I don't see why people are preordering this. Can't you just wait? It's not like a Sideshow item where it sells out and you get put on a wait or backorder list.

This will be distributed through Hot Toys, Sideshow, online shops etc. It's also a LFL officially licensed product, a DX and Hot Toys' first Indiana Jones figure. It's not going anywhere and I bet they make a ton of them.

History has shown that once the figure begins to ship for a few weeks the price generally comes down and dips a bit. Afterwards, sure, it will shoot back up. But there's a very good, noticeable time frame to get a fantastic deal on one under the MSRP.

Don't be so anxious, wait for more information or improvement shots. Vote with your hard earned cash. If they see that people aren't pre ordering they'll be more inclined to fix the issues with this figure.

You won't lose your chance if you wait, in fact it would be the exact opposite, you might actually save money and get a better figure.

Eh, but who wants to do that? GOTTA HAVE IT, GOTTA HAVE IT NOW.

:lol:lol:rotfl

Quite happily not preordering. Setting aside the shortcomings of the figure I also want my current order list to be over and done and have money saved that isn't instantly owed to the bank before I order anything else. Its been so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back