Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here he is asked in English if the sculpt is being reworked.
He replies in English "Yes".
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1770491069657&set=a.1765734110736.2101270.1460645150

Retooling of the sculpt can still happen even after licensor approval.

The "yes" could be in response to the clothing question in Korean just prior to his answer. It may sound like I'm being difficult, but given this has already been approved, I'm not buying it until we get a "Yes, the headsculpt and outfit are being retooled before release." It's not that difficult to say and all the BS sidestepping does nothing but reinforce my opinion that what we see is what we're getting. And I don't know of a single incident where a product has been retooled after LFL approval.

The "yes" could be in response to the clothing question in Korean just prior to his answer. It may sound like I'm being difficult, but given this has already been approved, I'm not buying it until we get a "Yes, the headsculpt and outfit are being retooled before release." It's not that difficult to say and all the BS sidestepping does nothing but reinforce my opinion that what we see is what we're getting. And I don't know of a single incident where a product has been retooled after LFL approval.

He responds to his English questions in English and the Korean questions in Korean. Why would he respond to a question in another language that they wouldn't understand? Would it make sense for him to answer an English question in Korean?

He responds to his English questions in English and the Korean questions in Korean. Why would he respond to a question in another language that they wouldn't understand? Would it make sense for him to answer an English question in Korean?

To be fair, the broad who asked the question in Korean has everything in English on her facebook page. :lol

dsc1082i.jpg

If Hot toys can produce a head that comes anything near this great repaint I would be very happy.....for now I decide to keep my Sideshow one.

Is that gay Indy? :lol

I can read korean... she said:
Wow, that's really amazing. Big brother, sell it!

Really weird to reply "yes" to. She didn't ask a question, just praised him.

I think I understand why Nam has been banned numerous times in the past... your a jackass.

Well, most koreans have basic understanding of words like "yes" and know when to say it. He would have said "thank you" (in korean most likely) if he was replying. It would be quite arrogant for him to reply "yes" to her message... and that would seem pretty out of character since he seems humble.

Well, most koreans have basic understanding of words like "yes" and know when to say it. He would have said "thank you" (in korean most likely) if he was replying. It would be quite arrogant for him to reply "yes" to her message... and that would seem pretty out of character since he seems humble.

I dunno. It's too difficult for him or HT to simply say, "yes, the sculpt and outfit are being retooled." so maybe. :lol

Indeed. Along with the fact that he probably would have responded to that comment in the same language (Korean) instead of answering it in English. Ive noticed he replies to comments with the same language.

Haters are going to hate. Nam will believe what he wants to believe. All I know for fact is Im very happy with what Im seeing of this character from HT. Its a grail and my most wanted character to be done by them. It looks great and worth the $ IMO. The hard part is now waiting till its release, because from now till then, whatever fixing or tweaks Arnie is going to do with the sculpt will only further benefit the figure. :yess:

That was my posting, to me, the hat is my only worry. I want it to sit lower/tighter/more realistic to his head. The sculpt looks great in that photo. Its definitely Ford, to me. And if Im an "idiot" for preordering it then so be it.

Ive seen it before with past releases (Example: HT Wolverine, Predator), and Ill see it with this one too. People complain about the "likeness isnt good enough" then once the figure is released and people actually see how great the figure really is the figure sky rockets on the secondary market and those people are left kicking their own arse. Whos the idiots there? :dunno

I think the hat is the separate wig piece that fits to the head (as opposed to it just being a 'regular' hat. If that's the case, it would mean the hat could not be lowered

I think the hat is the separate wig piece that fits to the head (as opposed to it just being a 'regular' hat. If that's the case, it would mean the hat could not be lowered

Ive thought that as well, BUT if you see pictures of accessories, you can see the hat as an individual piece, no hair/part of the head is attached.

This picture shows the hat alone:
163678_488155417343_58690437343_6403175_6104612_n.jpg

Where as this pic shows him wearing it with the extra hair piece on the ground:
164010_488155512343_58690437343_6403176_973285_n.jpg

With that said, when asked if the hat can be pushed down more, Arnie Kim replied "I think so". Now if hes sculpting the head, then he would know weather or not if the hat is sculpted to the hairpiece, would he not? So this makes me assume that its just a separate hat altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back