Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always find the PERS look better in hand. When they are not so scaled up in pics. So if this looks good now, it's a really good sign.

Good point. Here's hoping.

A fair question! But I don't believe so; even with the white factored in, there's a nice matte finish to the Mime joker sculpt. Perhaps equally important though is how all the fine little details in the skin and hair came through on the production piece of Mime Joker - which again I haven't seen on a Hot Toys figure since Predators' Noland. The same time the wax look started, all the fine details got sucked out. I mean look at the complete lack of pore details, the lips, the sculpting in the hair; it's night and day. They don't even look like a product from the same company.

Perhaps you're right. However, it hasn't ruined this figure for me.

Here's a quick mock up I did just to see what a "clean" version would look like. Now I REALLY can't look at the DX 10 head in the same light again. :lol

Terminatormockup.jpg

The features are good but the face looks too wide there. Notably the temples, forehead...cheekbones too maybe.

Sweat... Ouch... He coudnt cry, not sure if he could sweat. Only if John knew of this is t1 he could kill him with excessive focused sun light.... :( :( ... But in any case he does seem a bit glossy. Not any different glossy from promo pics. But still great enough for me...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They do sweat - so says Kyle Reese in T1.

I think the sculpt looks very similar, only there is a slight increase in size based in that pic and some difference in paint app. Also if you carefully see one sculpt is at a different angle the dx10 sculpt is facing downwards or rather tilted, this can be seen from noticing the hair portion and also noticing just under the chin...

I guess the paint app difference is a difference that can be seen in the Arnold from the beginning of the movie and the BD part in the movie. If you look at it section by section, like eye / eye, forehead / forehead, chin / chin etc.... It looks pretty similar to me but for the slight size and paint app difference. I know that can go a long way but its still the same sculpt in essence? Dunno... :( ...

Here's a quick mock up I did just to see what a "clean" version would look like. Now I REALLY can't look at the DX 10 head in the same light again. :lol

Terminatormockup.jpg

If we see how the light falls on his chin / jaw portion on dx10 vs dx13 it shows its the same structure and looks different cause of lighting. If you see the nose portions, again here the dx 10 nose appears different cause the angle is different. Final testimony for the angle being different is when we see the hair... You can see more of it behind the spike on dx10 and less in the dx13 again because of that lil change in angle... Probably size and obviously paint is different but base structure featuring etc i guess is same.

The features are good but the face looks too wide there. Notably the temples, forehead...cheekbones too maybe.

It's the same width and height as the original picture. I didn't change the structure of the face at all. I just patched in over the wounds and took away endo and blood. The temples, chin , cheek bonesand hair are in the same spots as the original pic of the damaged head.

I figure it's the lighting. I can't replicate that blue light that's shining to the left of the photo that Luka used. If the light was cast producing contrasting shades, it'd make the left part of the face less full.

It's the same width and height as the original picture. I didn't change the structure of the face at all. I just patched in over the wounds and took away endo and blood. The temples, chin , cheek bonesand hair are in the same spots as the original pic of the damaged head.

I figure it's the lighting. I can't replicate that blue light that's shining to the left of the photo that Luka used. If the light was cast producing contrasting shades, it'd make the left part of the face less full.

Interesting. Because I think it looks bizarre with the wounds covered over....very squareheaded.

Last edited:
I think it looks absolutely fantastic^^. Much better than the DX10 IMO.

Its same as dx10 ... Paint job is different. The angle / tilt the dx10 figure is in creates the illusion. It may be a tad bit bigger (not sure) but feature by feature there is no change. Lips are a bit diff thats abt it...

Its same as dx10 ... Paint job is different. The angle / tilt the dx10 figure is in creates the illusion. It may be a tad bit bigger (not sure) but feature by feature there is no change. Lips are a bit diff thats abt it...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/josky/10962480815/

It has been reworked in a few areas, improving the overall likeness. Though the differences are subtle in many areas such as the nose and lips, the profile shot I linked above shows a very reworked ear and hairline.

I just bought the BD head sculpt from eBay for $113 shipped. It was the only part I needed for my Terminator custom, and I'm not sure where the after market prices will go with this figures popularity.

Man, Flickr blows. Why is it so hard to embed photos onto the site? You try and grab the link of the actual photo and it just doesn't allow it.

Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Fi...

You're being sarcastic, aren't you?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/josky/10962480815/

It has been reworked in a few areas, improving the overall likeness. Though the differences are subtle in many areas such as the nose and lips, the profile shot I linked above shows a very reworked ear and hairline.

When i say its same, i dont mean its the same head sculpt and just bd created on it. I meant the changes very minor that they are could be unintentional from an improvisation stand point. To say that dx10 looked miserable in front of this is a bit of a stretch (like some are saying) . I love the figure but like you rightly said it has minor, very minor mods, ... The base essence looks very very similar to dx10 ... The only massive difference is paint job, and that lil tweak near the lip...

Back