Hot Toys DX46: Terminator 2: Judgment Day - T-800 (Battle Damaged Version 2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have plans on making the trio of Vaders as accurate as possible or just one center piece end all be all?

Saw your custom thread, like the progress I’m seeing there. Looking forward to seeing you apply the various tones to the mask.

I currently have a custom 1:6 ESB/ROTJ Vader (made before I cared/knew about the differences between those two) and the 1:4 that I'm converting to be a proper ESB. I'll most likely sell the 1:6 once the 1:4 is done.

I do have a full set of 3D printed ANH parts based on scanned lineage pieces. My plan is build that in about 2 years once I complete other projects in the pipeline.

So that's currently my envisioned Vader representation: 1:4 ESB and 1:6 ANH. ESB and ROTJ are too similar to me, and I much prefer the ESB look (and don't care for the ROTJ reveal look).

I'm not convinced that render is the same sculpt we've now seen on display. Also, I don't think it's a particularly good sculpt in any case.....
Agree, I don't care much for that sculpt based on that render.
But I'm reserving my judgment until the full reveal, hoping for the best.

I like the Q 1:1, though I feel it comes across a bit like
a WB lot mannequin without the shades.
Of course, I’ll likely never see that piece in person so photos and videos are all I’d have to go by.
I just can’t ever see myself going down the 1:1 rabbit hole for any character in cinema.
I get what you mean. In some shots he looks a bit too much Madame Tussaud to me, but in the recent production vid, he does look amazing IMO.

But yeah, 1:1 is also not for me. It gets too much into a creepy territory for me (at least human busts/statues), and it loses much of the art form and challenge of making a scaled replica as accurate and lifelike as possible.

Back