Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the box art. Wonder if the non-Deluxe version looks any different.

Screenshot_20240628_171038_YouTube_1.jpg

Considering I wasn’t really excited about this from havin the original,
with nothing really released in an age from hot toys that Iv wanted I’m pretty excited for this release now

That would’ve been a godsend of a reveal if that happened.
Maaan, if Hot Toys revealed an artisan Jack with that wispy, mint green hair before anybody else even got their hands on 89, they would win the decade. There were so many other options they could/should have utilized while they had the license and I really hope we might possibly see more someday, but I’m not holding my breath.

Maaan, if Hot Toys revealed an artisan Jack with that wispy, mint green hair before anybody else even got their hands on 89, they would win the decade. There were so many other options they could/should have utilized while they had the license.

Jesus, I didn’t even think about an artisan version. That would’ve been beyond epic! Let’s hope Inart takes the lead if Hot Toys fumbles.

Sideshow will be interviewing JC Hong from Hot Toys in a few weeks. Go to SIDESHOW.LIVE and enter ASKAWAY to submit any questions you want to ask him. I'm guessing the more similar questions they see submitted are the ones they'll likely ask him.

I asked if they'll make a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman from Returns.

I asked if they'll make a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman from Returns.
Probably our only hope to get one that looks like this Keaton, should ask about a Returns 2.0 Batman also. Hot Toys are on an absolute roll right now, couldn’t be a better time to get her from them.

Probably our only hope to get one that looks like this Keaton, should ask about a Returns 2.0 Batman also. Hot Toys are on an absolute roll right now, couldn’t be a better time to get her from them.

Yeah I made another account to ask if they'll do a 2.0 Returns lol.

Their most recent releases have looked as good or exceeded their prototypes. Great prices for what they come with too.

Yeah I made another account to ask if they'll do a 2.0 Returns lol.
Thanks for that, I may ask them also.

Their most recent releases have looked as good or exceeded their prototypes. Great prices for what they come with too.
Yeah they have really stepped up lately, great to see. The standard version of this was only $279 with rolling eyes, 3 mouths, and plenty of accessories. That’s why I’d be puzzled if the JazzInc Catwoman ends up costing more, looks worse, but still gets supported. Your product has to be on par with the competition, Hot Toys realized that and so they’re stepping up, InArt, JND, & JazzInc are no exception, all licensed, all should release top quality product.

I have zero faith that HT would get the likeness correct on Penguin or Catwoman. It seems to me that the more popular a character, the less effort they put into the sculpts because they know it'll sell regardless.

I know that's not 100% how it goes but it's happened enough to the point that I'm very skeptical of them pulling these characters off.

I have zero faith that HT would get the likeness correct on Penguin or Catwoman. It seems to me that the more popular a character, the less effort they put into the sculpts because they know it'll sell regardless.

I know that's not 100% how it goes but it's happened enough to the point that I'm very skeptical of them pulling these characters off.
The old Hot Toys, not this new wave they’re on now. Howard has kicked his factories into high gear that much is seen, who knows how long it’ll last but they’ve practically upgraded everything in their catalog in the span of a year or two and counting.

The old Hot Toys, not this new wave they’re on now. Howard has kicked his factories into high gear that much is seen, who knows how long it’ll last but they’ve practically upgraded everything in their catalog in the span of a year or two and counting.
The latest Obi-Wan sculpt doesn't convince me. Nor does Mace Windu or a slew of other recent releases.

To this day, there is not a single Obi-Wan figure produced by HT that captures McGregor's likeness...

The latest Obi-Wan sculpt doesn't convince me. Nor does Mace Windu or a slew of other recent releases.

To this day, there is not a single Obi-Wan figure produced by HT that captures McGregor's likeness...
The biggest issue with that Obi-Wan sculpt is those aren’t his eyes, again all companies suffer from this when the eyes aren’t specifically made for each character, eyes will make or break a likeness almost every time. They tried to replicate just about everything else on his face. Mace was just lazy it appears, but I think that’s somewhat due to not really having much experience with sculpting and painting black actors, few and far between compared to what they’re used to making. Even the proto was lackluster at best.

The biggest issue with that Obi-Wan sculpt is those aren’t his eyes, again all companies suffer from this when the eyes aren’t specifically made for each character, eyes will make or break a likeness almost every time. They tried to replicate just about everything else on his face. Mace was just lazy.
Fix the eyes all you'd like. There is no trace of McGregor in that sculpt.

Doesn't really have to do with factory but more so with what artist they put on certain figures. The ones that get outsourced to Yixie and Lu1yo314 have been great. Same for their one in-house artist that has been tackling the stand out sculpts released recently (Holland & Black Panther) and the Ashoka prototypes. Others get thrown onto their B Team without a second thought.

These two sculpts being released within 2 months of one another is crazy. It's a gamble on which character Hot Toys will put the proper time and attention to.

1MfPLIF.png
geZIcFi.png

Back