Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blue eyes are notorious for this, as Wor-Gar and I talked about in another thread - in Batman there’s shots where his eyes almost look completely green, then in Returns they’re blue. In reality they were always blue with a slight muddy hazel around the pupils.
It is bizarre to say the least …there’s Keaton’s muddy blue and there’s or should I say was Christopher Reeve’s obvious vibrant baby blue ..can’t deny that :lol

But anyway back to this figure version ..all the the DX09 lovers take close attention ..I’ve shown this …the eyes on the DX09 are completely wrong in color and detail

My old shot of DX09

Lifeless eye detail

Okay at the time this figure was released but I would take this version of the 2.0 eyes anytime

What I like is HT learns from their mistakes

The BR figure is a good example

I can’t wait to see the 2.0 eyes in hand ..closeup to my naked eye

Last edited:
529780-IMG-4094.jpeg

hot toys batman 1989 2.0 eyes vlcsnap-2024-08-20-11h03m17s189.jpg

Wonder will anyone attempt to reshape the eye cuts on the new cowl, it is its main flaw, everything else is actually there for the most part.

Remove the eye plate and go at it with a small dremel and X-acto knife.

Wonder will anyone attempt to reshape the eye cuts on the new cowl, it is its main flaw, everything else is actually there for the most part.

I wouldn’t because as a customizer myself ..I think the perspective on the usage of the rolling eyeballs would be changed dramatically ..just a hunch in which then the head is completely ruined ..the shape of the eye cut outs are probably measured with the size of the rolling eyes that HT develops in their figures head sculpts ..which is why customizers never alter the Keaton cowls from the eyes ..instead they make a remold of a 1/6 scale Keaton cowl from scratch

I feel like that would make the eye holes too big. Probably would have to add molding material to it to form a triangle shape, sand it, and do a whole repaint.

quick photoshop adding to the bottom sides instead of cutting away at the bottom point of the stock eye opening.

hot toys batman 1989 2.0 eye hole photoshop shape vlcsnap-2024-08-03-20h19m15s289.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I dealt with the same situation with Michael Myers masks. It’s extremely fine work where the slightest misstep will indeed ruin it completely, but when you do get it accurate, there’s nothing like the feeling. Felt like I was looking at the screen used mask just from that fix.

Exactly. And I’ve always been a « screen accurate » guy. I want to find back what I saw on screen.
So the DX09 eyes, even not perfect and less realistic are more in the mood of 89 IMO.
IMG_5377.jpeg

No clue which route to take with this.
I’ve already canceled once on Sideshow, then had them reinstate it.

Debating on canceling again for good. The problem is I’ve already had the Jaxon Keaton drape cape since October, the JazzInc Batmobile and Yunsil Nicholson Joker on the way. Now everyone wants to hike the price back up on the DX09 which I feel I’d need, to have a slightly more accurate suit until JazzInc gets to it.

Decisions..

Spent a little more time with the figure and honestly I love it. Slightly changed the pose, moved the eyes, and spent a little more time with the cape. I can’t stop looking at it in the display. But I’ve always wanted a Keaton bats so I jumped on this when it was announced and quickly picked up the DX08 to go with. I think I’ll be keeping the stock cape, it’s pretty easy to futz to a nice drape, instead of waiting 8 months for a drape cape.
Sure, it’s not absolutely perfect, and has a few downfalls, but in my opinion it’s a good representation of the character.
IMG_5602.jpeg

No clue which route to take with this.
I’ve already canceled once on Sideshow, then had them reinstate it.

Debating on canceling again for good. The problem is I’ve already had the Jaxon Keaton drape cape since October, the JazzInc Batmobile and Yunsil Nicholson Joker on the way. Now everyone wants to hike the price back up on the DX09 which I feel I’d need, to have a slightly more accurate suit until JazzInc gets to it.

Decisions..
p much the same here. still debating whether I should customise and turn it into a battle damaged figure or just take the L and lose my 40 bucks

Was hoping detolf and Moducase lighting would be soft enough to help camouflage the suit texture but it seems to only highlight it. That and the absurd prices on DX09 might be the nail for me.

Problem with battle damaging it is it won’t properly show through like it can with the DX09 suit.

Back