Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mouth is too big and wide...

I'm Batman!

something's off copy.jpg

prime1 likeness isnt there to be, feels a little too stylized
A bit stylized but the bar right now, honestly wouldn’t mind seeing a Jack Nicholson Joker from them, that would look stellar.

So far I’m not overly keen on any of the options, DX09 sculpt, 2.0 + Jaxon faceplates, Unreal, JazzInc. None are a home run imo.

Needs the little stitch line going down the back and overall a bit more thickness to the cowl, but I’m liking what I’m seeing here over Unreal.

Needs to find a good painter to send a prototype to. Since it’s on a 2.0 body would this mean it’s meant for the 2.0 neck? Don’t want the 2.0. Needs the cowl texture like the P1 & HT 2.0.

Last edited:

Asked him if he can try printing just the mouth plate and see if it fits on the 2.0 cowl, he said he'll definitely try it.

View attachment 724750View attachment 724751View attachment 724752
View attachment 724753

Anyone think of trying to 3D print the files for one of these 1989 Batsuits out of flex resin? Seems like that might work.

This dude on Etsy has an awesome model that’s split into the individual armor pieces.

View attachment 724107

The seller: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1031037220/
Head seems to be from this Etsy listing also. Would be interested to see someone tackle an accurate bodysuit. Maybe with these files?

Here's the newest update

it’s undoubtedly Keaton, no problem but I still see more Returns vibes than 89 IMO.
Don’t know if it’s the cowl or mouth…:unsure:
Maybe the cowl lacks of thickness, it’s too sharp.
Now I see it, too. Might be a bit of both. Cowl details, especially the brows, look too sharp. I could be wrong, but also I think the mouth plate could be vertically squished a touch more?

Sharing these from Instagram. Only images I've seen of someone futzing the cape properly. I can't for the life of me get it to look that good. View attachment 724817View attachment 724818
Yeah it can be done but the absurd amount of time and effort futzing the stock cape to get it to that point is just ridiculous and the overwhelming majority of people aren't or can't do it.

Yeah it can be done but the absurd amount of time and effort futzing the stock cape to get it to that point is just ridiculous and the overwhelming majority of people aren't or can't do it.
I'm pretty good at futzing my figures but certain wired capes are abysmal to work with. It's easier to get a custom drape cape then dealing with stock cape. It's weird HT had a good prototype both cape and suit were perfect.

Back