1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to remove the head and keep the helmet. Never going to use it anyway.

izSzj4k.jpg

Suit looks MUCH better without the puffiness. Steve no longer looks like a linebacker.

Robbie, you mentioned you broke the arm putting the shirt back on; is it a difficult task or was it just an accident? I've got the Ebay sculpt and LOVE the way your mod turned out! I'd like to try it but don't want to break it!

I got my GA Cap today, and despite some of the better looking pictures of late, I had my reservations about it. The head sculpt isn't atrocious (that said, I wouldn't keep it), the articulation is decent (better than TFA, but not perfect), the die-cast shield is pretty nice, and I rather like the subtle pinstriping on the blue suit. It's a more classic comic book version of Cap, but I love the TFA Cap more, so I'll probably be letting this one go.

In the meantime, quick question for those who have the figure- did anyone else's shield come with some scratches/scuffs on the underside of the shield? It looks like someone scratched off the textured surface to reveal the flat metal below, except it doesn't feel painted on (I didn't dare try to scratch off more somewhere else); maybe it's an artifact of the die-cast process? Here's a picture of what I mean (near the top left strap):
IMG_20140731_203922.jpg

That picture is amazing Robbie but that head sculpt looks like Charlie Sheen to me. Which would have made for an interesting version of the character lol.

I got my GA Cap today, and despite some of the better looking pictures of late, I had my reservations about it. The head sculpt isn't atrocious (that said, I wouldn't keep it), the articulation is decent (better than TFA, but not perfect), the die-cast shield is pretty nice, and I rather like the subtle pinstriping on the blue suit. It's a more classic comic book version of Cap, but I love the TFA Cap more, so I'll probably be letting this one go.

In the meantime, quick question for those who have the figure- did anyone else's shield come with some scratches/scuffs on the underside of the shield? It looks like someone scratched off the textured surface to reveal the flat metal below, except it doesn't feel painted on (I didn't dare try to scratch off more somewhere else); maybe it's an artifact of the die-cast process? Here's a picture of what I mean (near the top left strap):
View attachment 124641
my shield actually has some scratches on the top part. On the silver ring. It's disappointing.. I don't know if Sideshow can send another or not. I know the shield is supposed to have a BD look to it so that's one thing.

Long hours and a lot of hard work, but things looking nice on BvS set...Just received word via photo of something waiting for me back at home.... :yess:

Anything to cut Robbie? I just want to make sure i Dont unravel unwanted threads on the shirt once I have it off the body. Thanks in advance for any extra tips!

He has a mesh "underwear" the upper shirt is stitched to. I cut the mesh rather than the red stitching on the shirt. I'll re-attach this later.

I'm surprised Robbie got the shirt off, I'm still working on this part.

my shield actually has some scratches on the top part. On the silver ring. It's disappointing.. I don't know if Sideshow can send another or not. I know the shield is supposed to have a BD look to it so that's one thing.

Thankfully mine didn't have any scratches on the top (that I saw), but I'm in the same boat wondering if Sideshow would even exchange it because of something so minor (on something so limited). At the moment, I'm not feeling too hopeful about an exchange.

Thankfully mine didn't have any scratches on the top (that I saw), but I'm in the same boat wondering if Sideshow would even exchange it because of something so minor (on something so limited). At the moment, I'm not feeling too hopeful about an exchange.

Yeah I'm not sure. I looked on eBay and saw somebody selling the shield's for $130, haha. I emailed them just in case, but I'll be okay with this if they can't. It is minor and still looks awesome in the detolf with the lights shining down on it.

Do we know is this suit is going to last? I'm not liking what I'm reading concerning the shoulder area feeling rubbery/cheap.

It's realistic. The shield has battle damage weathering. :huh

Do we know is this suit is going to last? I'm not liking what I'm reading concerning the shoulder area feeling rubbery/cheap.

Hot Toys making stuff to last?

qs77h1.jpg

This looks a 1000x better. I hate the huge rounded shoulders. Next time I take mine out of the box, I'll remove the shoulder pads. Is it a hassle to do this? Do you have to remove the entire top portion of the suit?

I did the head swap and also some work on the shoulders. With the mods I frikkn love this guy.

There is some foam padding in the shoulders that is making that weird rounded shape. Pull that out and it makes a big difference I think. I also put shorter pegs in. And I also built up the base of the neck so the collar of the shirt wouldn't sink in. Helps with the line of the shoulders.

sLE4FnZ.jpg

I'm not sure if the shoulders look slimmer here but this is after removing the grey inner pads that bulk out the upper arms toward the outside.
TSSv8Hx.jpg

Back