1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does everyone have the offset belt? Its a little annoying that it's not centered.

Other than that I think this is an impressive figure mine arrived yesterday, its on the turn table now and i cant stop ogling it :lol

If you're patient its not a big deal. You need to cut a few stitches and carefully work the shoulders around to get his arms all the way up. Once you remove the shirt the grey pads are held in place with low tack adhesive.

I may try the mod, but the tiny buttons are so fragile on the figure...one on his back strap has already broken...can't replace that part...

Does everyone have the offset belt? Its a little annoying that it's not centered.

Other than that I think this is an impressive figure mine arrived yesterday, its on the turn table now and i cant stop ogling it :lol

Yep, my off-centre belt is the one big that I am hating on this figure!! Other than that, it's pretty great!!!

Latest video review on the Kool Kollectibles channel is now up! After getting Light Armour Thor the other day, it was always going to be hard for this Golden Age Captain America to impress. Overall, it's a pretty decent figure, but certainly has its faults.

Hope you can check out the vid to find out more, and dont forget to subscribe, like, and comment with your own thoughts!! :)

Got Cap last night!!! :yess:

Its a very nice figure, though there's a love and hate relationship with it.
As much as I tried getting him on a heroic pose, it was just not satisfactory for me with the bulky shoulders.
I may end up doing the shoulder mod later on if it bugs me.
The pose doesnt necessarily have to be uber dynamic, but he looks better when posed not just standing there like Thor.

The other thing is the headsculpt.
The helmet looks magnificent, I love the darker color, and the sheen is just right. Now, it does look more like a metal helmet
compared to the plasticky looking helmet of the TFA.
The bad part is that the likeness is mediocre. He looks great next to Thor, but at the same token, Thor really looks like Hemsworth, but the GA cap doesnt scream Evans.
Aso, I feel that the head looks better tilted up,
Whenever I try to pose looking stoic, straight up or looking down, the likeness looks more thrown off.

Overall, its a great looking figure though. Definitely has more mass over the TFA, so now he really looks like he
can hang with the god of Thunder.

Last edited:
Latest video review on the Kool Kollectibles channel is now up! After getting Light Armour Thor the other day, it was always going to be hard for this Golden Age Captain America to impress. Overall, it's a pretty decent figure, but certainly has its faults.

Hope you can check out the vid to find out more, and dont forget to subscribe, like, and comment with your own thoughts!! :)

Great vid as always :clap

That's why I'm posing mine with his back turned. The shield is on his back and I don't have to see his face, lol

The belt is easy to fix. there's tiny snaps to the left and right of the belt buckle. Once you unsnap them you can center the belt.

On my break i decided to photo shop two Hot toys HS and used Robbies modded Captain America GA version. Its safe to say that I'll be geting an extra TWS Steve Rodgers head.

I got my GA Cap today, and despite some of the better looking pictures of late, I had my reservations about it. The head sculpt isn't atrocious (that said, I wouldn't keep it), the articulation is decent (better than TFA, but not perfect), the die-cast shield is pretty nice, and I rather like the subtle pinstriping on the blue suit. It's a more classic comic book version of Cap, but I love the TFA Cap more, so I'll probably be letting this one go.

In the meantime, quick question for those who have the figure- did anyone else's shield come with some scratches/scuffs on the underside of the shield? It looks like someone scratched off the textured surface to reveal the flat metal below, except it doesn't feel painted on (I didn't dare try to scratch off more somewhere else); maybe it's an artifact of the die-cast process? Here's a picture of what I mean (near the top left strap):
View attachment 124641

That's most likely due to poor surface prep. Remember, paint doesn't adhere as well to metal as it does to plastic. :)

On my break i decided to photo shop two Hot toys HS and used Robbies modded Captain America GA version. Its safe to say that I'll be geting an extra TWS Steve Rodgers head.

I may even try to score an extra stealth helmeted sculpt to try on Golden Age. I know they're different styled buckets but it may look pretty nice.

The head sculpt is growing on me in a way. Have him displayed in an action style pose at the moment and I like how it looks. Such a shame they didn't just use the Stealth sculpt for this. The one instance where they SHOULD reuse parts between figures and they don't do it. :slap

The head sculpt is growing on me in a way. Have him displayed in an action style pose at the moment and I like how it looks. Such a shame they didn't just use the Stealth sculpt for this. The one instance where they SHOULD reuse parts between figures and they don't do it. :slap

pics man.... pics :lol

I think this was done before the Stealth Sculpt

Back