1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A case where Sideshow blew HT away overall.....Like Darth Maul.....

I prefer the look of the HT material, but prefer the SS colour. SS clearly has them beaten with the leather work and especially the eyes. I don't keep batteries in any of my figures, but the Jawas' eyes naturally catch the light and appear lit. Don't know whether that'll work with the HT as in the video they seemed so dark even lit.

I like the natural posture that the HT body seems to create.

Really like how the robes looked in that review. Good proportions on it. I?m really going to have to figure something out with those eyes. I?m also on the hunt for a Rey BB8 bass topper to use with these. I hope HT realizes no one on earth is happy with these bases, let alone release. #releasethe2pack

I can't believe they didn't just give the Jawa yellow eyes that also have a tacked on lightup feature, but nope, in order for the figure to actually look like a Jawa you need to use the lightup feature.

I hope HT realizes no one on earth is happy with these bases, let alone release. #releasethe2pack

Those toppers bring back bad memories of the thin plastic base they supplied for the Interrogator Droid. I think it was even thinner than the tray the figures were packed in. Luckily I happened to have a clear Medicom base that fit the support rod perfectly.

These Jawa toppers will likely stay in the box.

I can't believe they didn't just give the Jawa yellow eyes that also have a tacked on lightup feature, but nope, in order for the figure to actually look like a Jawa you need to use the lightup feature.

I wonder if you can get access inside the head and insert coloured foil, the way some have done to give Vader red eyes?

Kind of funny that the reviewer asked the viewers to comment if it was supposed to represent the same blaster as the one the SSC Jawa came with [emoji28]

I have to say the legs on the Gonk are pretty impressive though, with all the flexibility you can get out of them. Seems like that's where they put most of their energy on this release.

I agree. Size and shape of the HT is better than Sideshow. But the much lighter robe color and the eye issue really hurt.

All a Jawa is is that robe and glowing eyes... and HT got both wrong.
I wouldn't really say the robe is wrong, just perhaps not how some folks may prefer or remember
df5d9276d15878a72370d5f34b39018f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I agree. Size and shape of the HT is better than Sideshow. But the much lighter robe color and the eye issue really hurt.

All a Jawa is is that robe and glowing eyes... and HT got both wrong.

I think the Jawas were mostly slimmer than we remember them. Sort of like the SSC Jawas. Except from the shortest ones.
Wish the color of the robes were closer since I don?t really like a group of Jawas with different color robes. So if I get this one it will probably be in my Jabba setup and not with the others.
791915409fbad8c89e6140654c8ae137.jpg

I think the Jawas were mostly slimmer than we remember them. Sort of like the SSC Jawas. Except from the shortest ones.
Wish the color of the robes were closer since I don?t really like a group of Jawas with different color robes. So if I get this one it will probably be in my Jabba setup and not with the others.
791915409fbad8c89e6140654c8ae137.jpg

I was thinking the same. If I keep my preorder I can't put this guy with my tribe of SSC Jawas. This guy would have to go with Jabba and the Sideshow go back with the rest. Or a different Tattooine display like the Landspeeder. Overall I'm disappointed that I'm not more impressed with the HT, both visually and in the value of the set.

Justin's lightbox review does show the features of both pieces really well. The Gonk Droid fares better, despite it's lightweight construction. At least the legs have a bit of articulation to add a bit of character to what is basically just a box with feet.

Now the Jawa.

While that robe color may be more "accurate", a slightly darker tone might have looked better. For all the alleged concern with color accuracy on HT figures, they darken hair and features quite regularly on figures in the journey from proto to production so a darker tone here wouldn't have been out of place. Now as for all of the weathering and distressed features to the robe that Justin praises greatly....I'm just not seeing it. The robe looks very "fresh" and new. I'm also not a fan of how the hood appears to frame the "face". I'm hoping it can be pulled forward a bit to take the emphasis off of the clean black lining. While it could be a plus to have it all wired to assist with the futzing, it's still not a home run. That color might look better if I get it out among the rocks of my favorite photo spots but now it's hard to say.

And yes...odd that he makes no comment on the bandoleers. There fare better in his video, but like the robe, still look a little crisp and new. Sideshow definitely provided better looking ones.

Now, if the body is better (more solid), I could see myself trying to pick up one at TA to transfer the Sideshow robes and head to.

Those stands. Good God, what was HT thinking? If the paint and finish on them would have been much better, they may have passed muster. But to include something that is so glaringly cheap and poor quality with a premium product for one of your premiere licenses is just insane.

And finally...the eyes...WTF? LEDS sunken so far back in the head that they are barely visible? I hope Justin (or someone else) tries replacing the batteries and showing us if that helps at all. Why on Tatooine would HT have the most distinguishing feature on the Jawa end up being so ineffective?!?

Glad to have another look here. Still on the fence. I have plenty of time to consider since BBTS seems to be at the end of the line for receiving stuff these days.
Very much looking forward to even more looks.

Personally I don't think he had the lights even on. Or the batteries were dead. They are probably red, so another negative point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

240 pounds for a loose clam shell stand, eyes that appear to be off when they are on, a cloak and a hollow droid :rotfl

Welp, I’m lookin like a real dumbass for passing on SSC Jawas.

“I’ll wait for Hot Toys” has finally bit me in the ass :lol

Back