Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had a couple of chances to obtain an Avengers #4, and I just couldn't pull the trigger. I actually used to own an Avengers #1, but I've cut way down on my comics purchases. My shift from collecting comics to collectibles came from wanting wanting pieces to display instead of hoarding a bunch of comics that were hard to pull out and show to people. Still, it's really nice to display these modern figures with their silver age inspirations. I like the contrast!

I had both also once upon a time(Avengers #1 and Daredevil #1 weren't that expensive to obtain back when I was collecting) along with a few other keys like DD#1, X-Men 94, ASM 129, etc when I was into comics but sold them off little by little. I read trades now as Im not too much into comics anymore.

Hey Guys, check out my review of the Hot Toys Cpt America Winter Soldier Stealth S.T.R.I.K.E Suit Sixth Scale figure

After watching a few reviews now, I think this is the definitive Cap for my Marvel shelf. The articulation doesn't bother me much, as I've come to expect a certain lack of it these days, the more complex a figure becomes. I do still loathe breakage issues though and I hope we are rightfully past those days, for the most part.

By the way, is the chin strap actually "brown" in the film? I'm sure the topic has been discussed. I'm simply curious to know, as I could see Hot Toys missing that detail. xD

After watching a few reviews now, I think this is the definitive Cap for my Marvel shelf. The articulation doesn't bother me much, as I've come to expect a certain lack of it these days, the more complex a figure becomes. I do still loathe breakage issues though and I hope we are rightfully past those days, for the most part.

By the way, is the chin strap actually "brown" in the film? I'm sure the topic has been discussed. I'm simply curious to know, as I could see Hot Toys missing that detail. xD

eiynupvm9g1tkqdawqij.png

It looks brown to me. :p Doesn't really bother me that much since I'm going to display it with an unmasked head.

Weird.

They must've used the film posters for some of the color choices, as I just looked up the film on google images and sure enough... one of the posters has that strap a little on the tan side.

Oh well. It's not accurate, but I guess it gives the helmet a kind of aged, weathered type of look. :huh

Weird.

They must've used the film posters for some of the color choices, as I just looked up the film on google images and sure enough... one of the posters has that strap a little on the tan side.

Oh well. It's not accurate, but I guess it gives the helmet a kind of aged, weathered type of look. :huh

yeah Hot Toys should start using better references, I think they rush prototypes though, and then things change and they are too cheap to fix it, like with Starlords long jacket

pre ordered these guys for a friends son on ebay from happy trade house back in mid october ,original delivery date on listing was 19th december ,emailed him and he said he would get his a month after it was released to "shoppers " which i took to be hot toys secret bunker place ?.he now has them listed as in hand and with a $86 mark up ,anyone deal with him before or had theirs from him ,worrying as it well past the paypal 45 day limit

captain-america-the-winter-soldier-new-photos-and-story-details_1392305909.jpg

WinterSoldier.jpg

Its a issue of screen accuracy vs physical prop accuracy. The strap is tan but it looked brown cause it was so dark on screen. Its a matter of preference what you consider to be 'correct'

Cap-stealth-strike-attack.jpg

I was thinking of putting together a sort of "black ops" Avenger 4 person squad. So far I have Stealth Cap, Winter Soldier and War Machine 2.0. Any suggestions for the other team member? Going for more of a dark color palette so villains are welcome. Thanks

I was thinking of putting together a sort of "black ops" Avenger 4 person squad. So far I have Stealth Cap, Winter Soldier and War Machine 2.0. Any suggestions for the other team member? Going for more of a dark color palette so villains are welcome. Thanks

TWS Black Widow
X3 Wolverine
Punisher
Nick Fury
Snake Eyes
Catwoman

Back