Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452436868.950275.jpg
My current setup.

Got my two pack back in august. It's fun to switch the heads up on them. Wondering...does civy Steve's head fit on first avenger cap's body? I have a first avenger cap and was thinking of popping the head off to put steve's head on it's body but the headshape and neck seem different. Has anybody tried it? I don't want to break him.

I'm not sure how they are different exactly, being that I have never removed the masked sculpt from my A1 Cap figure, but I do believe it is a different joint than the civvy Steve figure.

Got my two pack back in august. It's fun to switch the heads up on them. Wondering...does civy Steve's head fit on first avenger cap's body? I have a first avenger cap and was thinking of popping the head off to put steve's head on it's body but the headshape and neck seem different. Has anybody tried it? I don't want to break him.

It does work, but it looks a bit off, imo. I just did it to see how it would look...

CUhd84Ul.jpg

oops, I meant the one from the first Cap movie, The first Avenger. Not the first AVENGERS movie lol.

Username posted some pictures of TFA Cap with a bootleg version of this head a while back (post #9107).

You'll have to take out the head and neck of TFA Cap, but you can fit the newer Steve head on there. It's the same joint inside the body; the difference is in the neck being sculpted with the head instead of separate like on the older figures.

Username posted some pictures of TFA Cap with a bootleg version of this head a while back (post #9107).

You'll have to take out the head and neck of TFA Cap, but you can fit the newer Steve head on there. It's the same joint inside the body; the difference is in the neck being sculpted with the head instead of separate like on the older figures.

ok. will both the neck and headpiece of tfa cap pop out or will I have to remove it permanently to fit steve's head? I just want to make sure I don't break tfa cap to do some fun posing options lol. TFA was one of my very first hot toys and he's getting on in years but I have no desire to kill him just getting bored of looking at my 3 caps being the same.

My dx Keaton batman has....eye problems because I was rushing into things once lol.

ok. will both the neck and headpiece of tfa cap pop out or will I have to remove it permanently to fit steve's head? I just want to make sure I don't break tfa cap to do some fun posing options lol. TFA was one of my very first hot toys and he's getting on in years but I have no desire to kill him just getting bored of looking at my 3 caps being the same.

Both the neck and head from TFA Cap can come out and go back in if you decide to switch back to the old head. The neck on my figure was a bit stubborn and wouldn't come out easily, but it's definitely meant to come off. I replaced the body on my TFA Cap with a newer Cap body, and everything went back in without a problem. If you don't take the clothes off first though, you just want to be careful you don't damage the clothing while you try to pull the neck off.

If you want to make TFA Cap look different, I'd also suggest using the unmasked head from the first Avengers movie. That one doesn't require removing the neck from TFA Cap, plus it has a hairstyle more consistent with TFA. I prefer that likeness (especially since it's angry), but I know most people prefer the newer Rogers head sculpt.

Dude, if they could put the First Avenger/Avengers hairstyle on the current Evans sculpt, that'd look absolutely perfect
I completely agree, but the current sculpt is a little too...................idk something is off. I mean don't get me wrong it's a great likeness, but not enough Evans.

That hair idea would probably fix that :hi5:

It worked! I have a pic but don't know how to post pictures here.

Do you see the image icon (3rd icon from the right) on your tool bar above the area you type text to make a post? Click on that, then select the "From Computer" tab and then "Choose File". Once the file has finished downloading and the name of it appears in the box on the right of "Choose File", then select "Upload File" to attach the file to your post.

Back