Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The evolution of the suit from FA to Strike to AoU looks awesome on display, as that's what I plan on doing. However, debating about getting the Avengers Cap since that may be nice to add to the display, but it just looks out of place. Does anyone think the same or am I just nuts? :thud:

The evolution of the suit from FA to Strike to AoU looks awesome on display, as that's what I plan on doing. However, debating about getting the Avengers Cap since that may be nice to add to the display, but it just looks out of place. Does anyone think the same or am I just nuts? :thud:

To be honest I'm debating on getting that suit also. It would be pretty nice to see all of his suits together. Personally, I don't see the Star-Spangled man or the Rescue ver in this because, IMO, those werent suits he specifically made for combat.

I love the Avengers suit, you just have to remember where it fits in within the movie universe. There it is a suit dreamed up by Coul​son, representing a modern take on the legend of Captain America as idealized by a huge fan. To the audience its also modern nod to the comic book styles. You can see elements of the Avengers suit in the Golden Age, Stealth, and Ultron suits, its not as direct a lineage (as it really shouldn't be, because Steve didn't design it) but it is not some crazy outlier either. I think its a great suit to have.

It may seem slightly out of place in the general evolution, but it still has a place in any Cap display(If you can swing it).
If you are looking for more traditional suits, then leave it be.
But if you want to have them all, try and pick one up.
I am hearing a lot of people who are thinking of ditching theirs once they can order the AOU version.
I'd never get rid of mine though.

C0CC6643-5888-415C-9425-456D1D7F78B0.jpg

Re: Article: Hot Toys MMS243 -Captain America: The Winter Soldier: 1/6th scale Captai

Really was only going to get the set, but after seeing the movie, I love this costume now. Either going to do a set up displaying all of Cap's uniforms from all 3 movies, like my IMs Mk 1-7, or might display one helmeted and one with the HS. Plus I do some extreme poses with my figs for pictures sometimes, so it also serves as a back up. I need help, I know, lol.

For the last week I've been asking everyone about this, From seeing that freeze frame showing the red flakes on his shield I reckon that it must get an off screen re-paint later on in the film (Before he meets with Pierce).

Re: Article: Hot Toys MMS243 -Captain America: The Winter Soldier: 1/6th scale Captai

For the last week I've been asking everyone about this, From seeing that freeze frame showing the red flakes on his shield I reckon that it must get an off screen re-paint later on in the film (Before he meets with Pierce).

As proven by Khev in another thread, the stealth colors on top of the shield's red stripes are actually a coat layer placed whenever he's in his stealth missions. He just strips this layer off whenever (probably) he goes back home.

EDIT: It's in this thread:

I think you might be right! :clap

Look at this close-up of the teaser poster. I always thought it was a super BD shield but now it actually appears that the "stealth" shield was just his regular shield covered in rings of silver film over the red portions that aren't very durable. So he applies the film to his regular shield for night missions or whatever and then peels them off when he returns stateside.

Captain-America-The-Winter-Soldier_612x380.jpg

^^ That is a seriously impressive collection of Caps! Those customs are brilliant! :clap

Thanks a lot. I really like Cap as a character.

Hey Bar, do you have anymore pics of your custom TFA cap? the one with the added stripe.

I have a few. Like i said before, i traded that figure last week for a Kevin Flynn, so these are the only ones i have(I have included every pic where you can see him, even if he is in the background), plus the vids:

photo_3-2.jpg

photo_1-4.jpg

photo_2-3.jpg

photo-13.jpg

IMG_5339.jpg

IMG_5885.jpg

IMG_5886.jpg

null_zps1eb52996.jpg

My 2 cents;

If you're planning to have an evolution of the Captain America Movie suit, then you really do need the Avengers suit, otherwise you've got yourself a 'missing link' and Darwin would turn in his grave

On that note, I also think that you need the SSM and Rescue Version. It's okay to say that the SSM isn't really a suit because he doesn't have any combat in it, but it's the only reaon his suit looks the way that it does now, because every suit since (barring Rescue Cap) is a homage to his SSM costume. If he hadn't have worn it, then he may never have had a 'suit' at all.

As for Rescue Cap, well that's important because it's the first really combat outfit and realisation that he needs a shield, or that it is helpful. It also shows how he is keeping iconic imagery (with the A on the helmet, he could have used any helmet)

Personally, I'm not gonna go for the evolution set up, just too darn expensive and not enough space, I sell a lot of stuff to buy stuff, would be a nice display though

It would be cool to have a montage of sorts, have him running and jumping in phases and each phase of the run/jump is Cap in a different suit along the top shelves of some detolfs

Great post. And i am totally going to steal that idea, lol.

I would love you to, since I don't have all the Caps I can't do it, but I'd love to see it

Having said that, I think I'm only missing SSM, my TFA Cap is currently sat on his Harley, think I'm gonna do some paintwork on that bike though to give it some realism, my Avengers Cap is with the team and Rescue Cap is just sculking around TFA. I think he's jealous of his bike

Thought you guys might like to see some photos I took at the exhibition Hot Toys have on display in Hong Kong at the moment

13665488684_61da06c12a_b_d.jpg

13665214303_e4166f43cb_b_d.jpg

13665458504_6f4192c36e_b_d.jpg

13665255545_f49ab3c569_b_d.jpg

13665358984_02e919b8a0_b_d.jpg

13664966795_793de45f88_b_d.jpg

and a shot of the exhibition area itself in case you were interested. It's a pretty cool setup

13665099613_af15a7f0be_b_d.jpg

Attachments

• 13665488684_61da06c12a_b_d.jpg
    13665488684_61da06c12a_b_d.jpg
    176.5 KB
Back