Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics would seem to suggest a separate headsculpt from the neck(Apologies to Galmando for that. I stand corrected), but if the PO pics have a joined neck, it might indicate that while the proto neck is separate, they intend to make the final product with a one piece head and neck.
I don't mind a one piece. I can always remove the neck myself and add more articulation later.

Wouldn't have to be separate so you can switch the heads on the bodies?

I was thinking on getting this set and posing the Rogers figure with the battle damaged shield from the Avengers Cap.

Nice set- POed........now if they can this out by end of year early I'd be happier!

Nice set- POed........now if they can this out by end of year early I'd be happier!

This is my first PO process. Does HT ever bring the product to market earlier than the projected ship date?

I didnt realize the "all up front" thing about Paypal until after I had hit the submit button. At first it irritated me, but then I realized, that just makes sure I dont change my mind in four months. That definitely put a crimp in my plans! I had a custom heads sculpt to get painted, I need to get Barry to dremmel me a TFA helmet, then I need to get a couple of displays from Cocobolo *sigh* I also need to start squirreling away for the GA Cap on PO *sigh*. I may be a bit obsessed with the Cap figures.

As far as the BD shield goes, I really like the blue cover theory. Although I think the pic lets you see what you want to see. If they were trying to mute it for stealth night missions, I gotta think covering that really shiny and highly reflective silver ring would be a bigger deal than covering the red up.

stealth shield.jpg

Attachments

• cap sculpt.JPG
    cap sculpt.JPG
    20.1 KB
This is my first PO process. Does HT ever bring the product to market earlier than the projected ship date?

They released several figures this winter really early, some as much as 6 months earlier than scheduled. So it would not surprise at all me if this shipped towards the end of summer. But you never know with HT.

They seem to be getting better about getting releases of more basic uniformed figures out but I think the more complex stuff like Iron Man armory and whatnot get held up (understandably). I also wonder if they are giving longer estimates for when something will arrive so people don't whine if they end up having to delay something.

I haven't ordered anything since TDKR Batman, TDK Joker, and AVG Cap in 2012-13 and it was a constant back and forth and extending release dates. Although I'm glad they may have now included this potential extensions into new projected dates, but Jan-Feb 2015 for TWS :panic:

So finally saw the movie today, now I'm doubly ticked off that they aren't including the regular shield (*SPOILER ALERT*...I GUESS?) I thought the movie would provide some context as to why this set comes with these two particular shield and turns out it's just HT trying to milk this movie to oblivion and forcing people to buy every WS figure they release to complete the look. As for people saying 'just buy it off the aftermarket' please enlighten me where I can do that because I went to take a peak on evilbay and cheapest HT shield is going for $90 bucks (HAHA screw that)

So finally saw the movie today, now I'm doubly ticked off that they aren't including the regular shield (*SPOILER ALERT*...I GUESS?) I thought the movie would provide some context as to why this set comes with these two particular shield and turns out it's just HT trying to milk this movie to oblivion and forcing people to buy every WS figure they release to complete the look. As for people saying 'just buy it off the aftermarket' please enlighten me where I can do that because I went to take a peak on evilbay and cheapest HT shield is going for $90 bucks (HAHA screw that)

well Cap I get why the Stealth Suit version comes with the blue shield...

Spoiler Spoiler:

But yea Civi Cap should've came with a regular shield

yes the 'stealth' shield makes sense but
Spoiler Spoiler:

And that's for the plastic, I'm sure the "limited" full color metal shields will be more but if you wait a year or so till AoU Cap is out, there should be plenty of them.

Back