Hot Toys Obi-Wan Kenobi (The Clone Wars)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not able to snap pics at moment but IIRC kenobi close match to reg clone.

Honestly though, it won't matter for most part if arms and legs aren't perfect match to chest and helmet as peoples eyes usually drawn to head and chest, so as long as helmet and torso colour match folk won't notice arms and legs not being quite the same.

Also, if you are getting rid of Kenobi armour parts, I will gladly take em.

Hi.
Does anyone have EP2 Clone Trooper, EP2 Clone Pilot and Obi-Wan Clone Wars version on hand and can upload a photo comparing the 3 figures?

If you ask why.
It's because Clone Wars Obi-Wan has the wrong armor, totally based on the animated series and not live action or semi-live action like the other clones from the same Clone Wars line of figures so his armor looks out of place.

Even Hasbro realized this and put the correct armor on their Black Series Clone Wars Obi-Wan :ROFLMAO:

So I would like to change pieces of Obi-Wan's armor with those of a clone but I don't want to buy the figures without being sure that the color will match.

I would be very grateful.
forgot to mention that I compared the reg clone and Kenobi and both look identical colour for the armour. def can swap parts to Kenobi

forgot to mention that I compared the reg clone and Kenobi and both look identical colour for the armour. def can swap parts to Kenobi
I understand.
Then I'll have my eye on the regular EP2 Clone Trooper to "fix" Clone Wars Obi-Wan.
Thanks for your answer!

So at the time he was available for PO I wasnt doing any Clone Wars related figures. A year later, that has changed and I pretty much missed out on getting him for retail.

I noticed yesterday that Toy Wonderland has him listed "In Stock" for $15 over retail.

I am fully aware of Toys Wonderland's reputation but my credit card company has been really excellent in the few disputes Ive had to file so I thought it worth the risk.

They state that in stock items ship within 4-6 business days so if this guy doesnt go out to me in a couple week Im not even going to deal with their customer service runaround and just file a claim.

What do you think the chances are that they do in fact have stock to ship? I assume since all the reviewers have them there is a first batch that has already been made available?

Am I just setting myself up for failure?

Yes, you’ll only set yourself up for grief and tied up money. Their in stock items are never in stock. They’ll drag out excuse after excuse, send fake tracking numbers, and eventually you’ll have to appeal to your credit card company or PayPal to get your money back. I wouldn’t even bother. Much more likely someone will have one for sale here or places like Alter Ego will get cancellations when it comes time to pay off invoices.

So at the time he was available for PO I wasnt doing any Clone Wars related figures. A year later, that has changed and I pretty much missed out on getting him for retail.

I noticed yesterday that Toy Wonderland has him listed "In Stock" for $15 over retail.

I am fully aware of Toys Wonderland's reputation but my credit card company has been really excellent in the few disputes Ive had to file so I thought it worth the risk.

They state that in stock items ship within 4-6 business days so if this guy doesnt go out to me in a couple week Im not even going to deal with their customer service runaround and just file a claim.

What do you think the chances are that they do in fact have stock to ship? I assume since all the reviewers have them there is a first batch that has already been made available?

Am I just setting myself up for failure?
Much to the tune of what @Buttmunch said, I would just keep checking Alter Ego and even jump on the waitlist. I have also seen figures come available on Popcultcha after some cancellations.

Back