Hot Toys Obi-Wan Kenobi (The Clone Wars)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snagged a cancelled preorder off of BBTS 2 days ago. Got the tip from reddit. Watch BBTS like a hawk and refresh the page a few times a day. Hopefully you get lucky.

Mine just arrived!! :p

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-23 at 13.25.59.jpeg

UPDATE.
My Clone Wars Obi-Wan went into surgery.

The donor was a broken MMS647 - MMS648 (body + armor pieces).
Clone armor bicep doesn't fit because arms are too thicc. remove the foam doesn't help so arms must be removed and replaced. Also Obi-Wan armor looks too clean to my taste.

4eecca92-1f6a-4843-b7e2-1d452c812418.png

Hand armor it's also animated to it must be removed and replaced.

5688f0b7-f4d6-4bb7-b3f9-3075a70d22b4.png

Finally put everything back together.

0514eb82-267f-4e42-b36f-d19fee2442ed.png

I'm happy.
My Obi-Wan finally fits in with the rest of the clones (despite I will not pose him with Phase 2 clones). I don't know why HT decided to use the animated clone armor. Even Hasbro realized that Obi-Wan used a live action clone armor.
And it makes less sense considering that the rest of the HT clones have live action armors (at least most of them).

01f17f74-49c8-4c30-9f91-8357443e39c8.png

UPDATE.
My Clone Wars Obi-Wan went into surgery.

The donor was a broken MMS647 - MMS648 (body + armor pieces).
Clone armor bicep doesn't fit because arms are too thicc. remove the foam doesn't help so arms must be removed and replaced. Also Obi-Wan armor looks too clean to my taste.

View attachment 722472

Hand armor it's also animated to it must be removed and replaced.

View attachment 722473

Finally put everything back together.

View attachment 722474

I'm happy.
My Obi-Wan finally fits in with the rest of the clones (despite I will not pose him with Phase 2 clones). I don't know why HT decided to use the animated clone armor. Even Hasbro realized that Obi-Wan used a live action clone armor.
And it makes less sense considering that the rest of the HT clones have live action armors (at least most of them).

View attachment 722476
Looks way better!

If you are parting with the original armour lmk

Just got a Waitlist conversion. First time I ever got one, and I had some discounts. I guess the new "Kenobi" show version had some people make a switch.

Fine by me. This guy is going to look majestic on the shelf. This is my ideal incarnation of a Jedi Knight.

What a week. This week somehow wound up being the week about five of my preorders or Waitlists converted and were shipped out. I was curious which one would arrive first. The lucky winners were Clone Wars Obi-Wan (and HONO Brown Suit Wolverine).

As with all my figure purchases, there needs to be a strong emotional attachment for me to make a purchase, one that has to have several years worth of interest. I'm weird in the characters and designs I prefer, and I want to be very selective.

My journey with Star Wars is pretty casual. This is actually only my second Star Wars figure (after Season 2 Mandalorian). My journey with Obi-Wan is also pretty uneven, as I didn't care much for the old man in the original trilogy, but really started to enjoy seeing his backstory and personality get fleshed out in the prequels and spin-offs. Even as someone who finds a lot of faults in the Prequels, Kenobi often was the highlight of those movies to me, and that only continued in the Clone Wars series.

Against all odds, he sort of just kept moving up to the top of my favorite Jedi rankings, past the more obvious and popular choices. Ultimately, if I was going to get one figure of him, I opted to get him in his "prime", the version that seemed to be the most visually and philosophically interesting to me.

And I really, REALLY enjoyed how Clone Wars Kenobi encompasses basically every facet of what I think of when I think of a "Jedi Knight" as a mythological hero larger than life. I love how the design almost reverse-Vader - the helmet, cape, robes, and armor all calling forward to what Vader would become, but noble and heroic in light colors. There's so many generational design elements here that work in tandem, making it one of the most impressive character concepts I've come across, even in its simplicity.

The figure itself is great too. Sturdy, excellent engineering, wonderful materials, fun accessories. Great headsculpt. My only real complaints is the curious choice of a trigger finger hand for a blaster that he doesn't have, the cape wires are a little weak, the lightsaber LED isn't that bright, and I had some difficulties getting the heads to attach (just takes some care).

There were only three Star Wars figures on my Wishlist, and I NEVER thought at the time I'd get Obi-Wan in this look. The final figure on that list was Darth Revan, another "hopeless" choice... and now a preorder I eagerly wait for to complete my trio of favorite generational heroes.
IMG_6386.jpg
IMG_6388.jpg

Back