Hot Toys Prince of Persia Prince Dastan figure specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has there been any real life pics yet? From toy hunters or whatever that store is called?

Cursory photoshopping and sculptural preferences aside, I do understand the criticism.

In the first - I really want a Gyllenhaal sculpt.
Secondly, this figure is marketed as being Prince Dastan from the movie Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, with Jake Gyllenhaal's likeness attached.
Which means this figure really needs to replicate Gyllenhaal's likeness, who played Prince Dastan from the movie this figure is sourced from.No?

agreed sir :D

As it has been mentioned many times before, I'll have to wait for in-hand pics and hope that HT changes the head sculpt to look more like Gyllenhaal in the movie.

As it has been mentioned many times before, I'll have to wait for in-hand pics and hope that HT changes the head sculpt to look more like Gyllenhaal in the movie.

My only complaint with the figure is from the shoulders up (sculpt / hair). The costume is amazing and I love the body type. Unfortunately, I have little faith for a revised head sculpt. If the figure had a huge following yessir I would have faith a change would be coming. However, PoP reminds me of XMO:Wolverine. The Jackman sculpt was close but ultimately off and collector's were vocal about it. HT released the figure with the initial sculpt. I believe Dastan will be the same. I love the Wolverine character and I purchased regardless of the sculpt. I will need enticement to purchase Dastan and HT don't fix the sculpt / hair an easy pass IMO.

However, PoP reminds me of XMO:Wolverine. The Jackman sculpt was close but ultimately off and collector's were vocal about it. HT released the figure with the initial sculpt. I believe Dastan will be the same.

Are you sure about that? I always thought the first pic of the figure looked significantly less like Jackman than the release...not sure though :dunno

pic1L.jpg

4-X-Men-Origins_Wolverine.jpg

I am not certain the sculpt was never changed. I am basing my opinion from a sculpt that still resembles the prototype quite a bit and still lacks Jackman's features.

That said, Wolverine is one of my favorite figures regardless of the sculpt. HT captured the essence of the character perfectly with a new body type and exceptional detail in the clothing therefore, they got a pass from me. PoP has the same body type and exceptional detail but the sculpt / hair is killing my interest. Moreso the hair, it makes the head look awkward.

I'm not on Facebook, but someone please post on HT's Facebook page that a lot of us don't like the sculpt.

this sculpted by the same kojun who just did the breathtaking aldo raine?

what happened, dude?

great clothing/accessories, but face sculpt is way below par. gyllenhaal has sleepy eyes, his eyelids are almost always half closed, and he has bushy eyebrows. sideshow's sculpt wins this time, which is surprising to me. this dastan looks like dominic purcell from prison break.

I was reading the T-1000 thread and it "appears" HT may change that sculpt based on collector's feedback. Unfortunately, Dastan's complaints has yet to be acknowledged by HT. It may not bode well for a revised sculpt.

Back